First Grow, popped in April

Re: laying eggs. Should I treat the soil?

2 Likes

Well…Ladies…Hellloooo there…How you doin?

Nice work for your first grow Allora… I will be checking in on this one. I love watching people get addicted to growing…

Regards,

K.

4 Likes

Love the image Reiko…

This one is my personal fave :

Oh and this one…

K.

13 Likes

Don’t be sad, get Spinosad.

OK in veg anyway.

:wink:

7 Likes

Rosemary oil is one of the few natural ingredients that eggs don’t like.

5 Likes

Check out a spray called maggues farm insect spray. Its cinnimon thyme rosemary mint oils all in a mix. Smells ok too n bugs stay away

3 Likes

Its maggies. I was just surprised to actually find an essential oil spray already mixed n ready for $6 and specifically for plant use.

3 Likes

Or you can go to the source :smile:

https://bulknaturaloils.com/oils.html

5 Likes

Looking like a boy to my untried eye. How long do I have before I cover it with a garbage bag, stick it in my trunk and drive it to my GFs house?

4 Likes

Lol I’d give it a little more time to get swole as it’s still early doors.

What’s the advantage to waiting? Or are you saying it’s not certain yet.

1 Like

Aside from this being my largest plant it’s actually the best of the four to be male. I will be able to do a filial cross with the other CGxPR and possible half and halves with the pollen from the reversed clones.

It’s definitely not certain bro those are tiny right now. Are you thinking those orange hairs are what determine sex because they aren’t.

Props to greenpoint seeds for having a ready available pic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Like how big are your calyx right now to determine sex lol that’s the advantage to waiting or you’ll mis-identify your plants every time. Patience pays off bro :blush:

2 Likes

No, I know those are stipules. Im looking at the little yellow balls atop the calyx(s).

2 Likes

Which look very possibly male. .

The advantage of waiting a couple days is that sometimes preflowers are pretty androgenus for the first couple days… I’ve had what I thought were for sure females end up being male cuz I went off a preflower shape … also you have about 10-15 days before an actual male flower shows up before it opens and starts dusting things…

6 Likes

The other girls have stigma in multiple places. The pistils on the (presumed) male have been showing for weeks but they just started sprouting their non-hairy details.

20 minute drive to my GF. Figure the garbage bag will keep it from pollinating every outdoor grow between us.

I’ll give it a couple of days.

1 Like

It usually takes a week or two from the time the male flowers form until they open and drop pollen. I like to wait until I can clearly see clusters of them forming.

7 Likes

Another. 7th of 12 nodes.

Anybody know what these are? I find them often. They come off leaving a smudge.

1 Like