First Grow, popped in April

I think it’s a scale bug & would spray it up :skull_crossbones: before flower. Some scale insects are n-n-n-nasty.

Cottony Cushion Scale, Wikipedia

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Mine don’t move. Seem more like poop or honey.

Could be bird shit but I think it’s bugs…not the thing in the picture; that’s just a nasty i’ve seen that’s related.

1 Like

This something I should be concerned about? The browning seems more pronounced than the other three.

3 Likes

:thinking: I’d monitor it but don’t think it’s an issue…

3 Likes

Monitoring.

3 Likes

Mama clones are sad in coir. Cora is keeping color others yellowing. Didn’t prep. No fish juice in plugs, no coir wash or calcium. Add Cal-mag.

3 Likes

With regard to lollypopping the big girls.
I am looking ahead to maintaining the bottom thirds indoors in low light over the winter (after harvest). I think it will be esthetically pleasing for each saved low branch to have a tiny bit of life. My plan is to clear the bottom third except for the very bottom healthy growth.

I am not concerned with yeild. If I get a couple oz. each of three I will be satisfied.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

2 Likes

Nora Jillybean

6 Likes

Cora(l) and Laura ® CGxPR

6 Likes

Dora GSCxOaxacan

7 Likes

pH testing

Distilled water ~6.5
Garden & Bloom veg nutes ~5.0
GH CaliMagic ~7.0

Will water this eve and test run-off.

2 Likes

Cora (probably Corey) 38", got their insides cleaned a bit. Trimmed bottom third of each branch except lowest shoots.

That was an experiment.
Today clean up the girls the same way and prep for more grafting experiments. All 5 previous grafts failed almost immediately. One held on for two days.

4 Likes

Vacation irrigation. <$20 but need to get 4 pressure regulators. And my used timer may have a reset issue.

3 Likes

Girls kept me company while I hung with their… parents (are clone sources parents?) Got a little sunburned, all cuppy and yellow.

3 Likes

I held off as long as I could. Didn’t even want to know. I finally read this. Saw something that looked like an extruded poop a few weeks ago. Only once. Red dots still show up, maybe one every day or two. I flick the bottom of the leaf and it’s gone… Or maybe they’ve figured out how to get me to aerosolize their eggs.

1 Like

Dora (GSCxOaxacan)

Considering topping the two apical stalks and using them as scions for a graft to Cora (Corey?) I am not intentionally trying to breed CGxPR with GSCxOaxacan but I do want to know if an apical graft is easier than a side graft.

Considering female condoms (unused, no snark, please) as a humidity tent. Inner ring would provide some space.

Thoughts on nitrile vs plastic?

3 Likes

Moisture tent, take two.

Edit: note re Elmer’s. Water soluable glue is not optimal.

1 Like

Both of yesterdays grafts continue to be viable. I made improvements in my proceedure.

1. cap cut root stock with wet plug while shaping scion.
  2. improved tent with circular rings so the scion isn’t sucking Glad bag full time.
  3. parafilm pre-split and in my mouth (we don’t need no stinking sterile proceedure) when attaching.

My apologies for the crappie pic but the label on my LITFA says “Daytime photos are OK but otherwise LITFA.”

4 Likes

Most everyone looks happy. Dora still has some red/brown color on leaf tips. Haven’t been adding nutes so don’t know what’s up with that. Still no flowers. Practicing patience. Still no definitive sex on Cora.

Got pH strips from Amazon (to complement the little bottle and vial I have been using). pH in runoff still looks in the 5/6 range. Added 8ml in 1.5 gal Up. ~32 oz each. Also added soil to cover recently exposed roots. Think the roots exposure may be due to my new(ish) watering rig.