First Indoor Grow

This is my first real indoor grow. I did outdoors last year and the year before but using clones rather than seedlings.

Excited and looking forward to see my own progress as well as others.

I am using Roots Organic 707 and Fox Farms for nutrients. PH at a natural 6.5 and humidity is perfect range naturally as well.

I am growing White Widow, Wonder Woman, AK47, Blue Mystic and Northern Lights. I have 2 mystery seeds that I have no idea what strain they are.

3 Likes

Good job keeping the internodes so close.

I really didn’t do much other than keep light close without burning. Was there anything else that I did (knowing or unknowingly) that created these results? I know i didn’t want them stretching for the light.

It looks like you’re using cfl bulbs which is fine for seedling’s since you can keep the bulbs within inches of the seedlings without the heat burning them up. It looks like you might be using a softer light like 2700k(warm white) if so it would be good to switch to 5000k(cool white) or run a mixture of both as while vegging plants prefer the higher kelvin lights. In bloom the warm whites are prefered.
I’m no pro either, only have 6 or so grows, but I have learned a little about light spectrums and have used CFL’s before for seedlings. You can literally get away with having the light just a few inches away as long as the grow environment is kept cool with light air circulation with a little fan and exhaust in the grow box or what ever.

1 Like

You are correct. You kept the light perfect.

1 Like

Looks like you’re off to a good start.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll look into those lights. I’m actually getting LEDs tomorrow. Do you think supplementing with the 5000k bulbs would help?

What’s the wattage of the 5000k CFL bulbs? I’m using 2,600 lumens. I don’t know the verbiage of all these things lol.

You can get the CFL’s in all wattages like the standard 23watt(equal to 100 incandescent) or higher But the 5000k is just the cool white bulbs and the 2700k is the warm white bulbs. LED’s will be better as long as it is a decent light with enough wattage. But the CFL’s can still help with supplemental light for sure.