First OG grow log... The H.O.G. by TH Seeds

theres a short window when there very young they dont need extra light but once there established… unless your running some cookies which likes diffused light blast those girls

2 Likes

@Billy
@Hoodini
@cannabissequoia

Another question… Should I go ahead and cull the males? I don’t plan on doing any breeding rn, I’m just looking for a good strain to keep around for the time being.

1 Like

If you don’t want seeds. . . Cull the males!

2 Likes

chop them unless you want to do breeding in the next few rounds you could grow them in a totally seperate area and store pollen for future

2 Likes

8-18-18

Those are my two ladies up front and the ones in the back are male. I’m not really running out of space for the time being I just don’t want my girls pollinated ya know. The other two have similar structures. I also don’t want to jump the gun and some of these end up to be female. Here’s a pic of the male parts (I think) on the one in the back left.

Here’s my clones this morning after a night in the clone tray.

Blessings and happy growing everyone! Thank y’all for all the help and quick replies, especially @Hoodini!

3 Likes

Now I might be interested in that. Ive been looking around YouTube for more visual info but I’m not finding what I’m looking for… I would Ideally like to get some pollen for later but Idk how to do it.

1 Like

@Billy is the man bro hes actually been teaching me a few things, so trust what he says, and keep on growin on :+1::+1::+1: thanks billy​:wave:

3 Likes

thanks for that. :thumbsup: (it’s like asking another mechanic at a shop about cars :wink: ). if you get a chance, are down with it, & the boss OK’s it, would you photog :camera: that ? Even 1 plant example would be great. Apologies if I’m overstepping with that. :blush:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

your good man and yah no problem ive been slacking with my work thread but its not a problem. basically when you rip off all the leaf it apparently makes the plant grow faster with all the consistent and powerful light you get from indoors the plants dont really need all the solar panels like you do outdoors. it also is about getting light to buds. and also it matters on what style of growing your going with. this method works great when your smashing plants into a room to maximize production.

2 Likes

Am I correct in saying that second pic is a male? These are my first encounters with @Billy, but I’m all ears.

1 Like

im not extremely well versed with sexing i know how to do it once signs are obvious but whats pictures would be early signs i dont see any balls yet. usually males are very vigorous more so than most females and they focus there energy on getting tall

THAT’S what I use on the ladies! Works great! :laughing: lmao

:evergreen_tree: :baby: :rooster:

2 Likes

That’s funny bro. Lmfao

1 Like

that plant is trouble, looks like it refuses to show preflowers, sometimes they grow leaves out of the space where preflowers should be. It looks like the base of the leaf may have a male-looking preflower there…can’t see it clearly. I would keep waiting or start flowering and wait for more definitive signs, it could easily be female, if you start 12/12 you’ll know for sure within a week.

1 Like

@Muleskinner Thank you sir! Exactly the kind of answer I’m looking for. Think I should just treat them like females until I definitely know? Ive been holding off on really doing anything to them, defoliating, training, etc.

But why is it in trouble? The other two look similar, no definate sex showing. Another two showed female for sure.

Question for everyone though, I now have an aloe plant and I would like to figure out some good ways to use it. If I’m not mistaken its a natural bio-stimulant, right?

1 Like

You can try a little trick I’ve been playing with… flip the lights to 12/12 for two days, then go back to your normal cycle. They should how sex within a week and continue to veg without skipping a beat.

Of course you said you have plenty of room. Just keep them until you are certain.

3 Likes

not real trouble…just troublesome. :smile:

the Resin Seeds strain Cannatonic also refuses to show preflowers when I grow it, you eventually have to start flower. btw if you’re asking…I never defoliate :smile: I prune off the lowest small branches that don’t receive light as the plant grows higher, but I never remove leaves.

these look like mostly-indica plants and I doubt they’ll need much training or support either

6 Likes

8-30-18

It’s about time for an update. I haven’t done much except rotate them 180 degrees every other day, some minor defoliating, and water twice a week. The tallest female I have (front right) is 32” tall and when she hits 36” she’ll be going into the flower tent. I’ll probably wait til the smaller lady on the front left hits 36” too before she goes in.

I should also add that the clones I took off the taller girl finally rooted so they got put in their starter 4” pots with some starter soil. Forgot to snap a pic of them. I tossed the clones I took off the smaller one.

Thanks guys! Blessings and happy growing!:v::heart::evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

i try to do 1/4 turn clockwise(so i remember) every day even on outdoor…due to Subcool. :wink: my ginormous 200 gal pot doesn’t budge though.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

What if the short one is the good one?
…Plants look awesome, @2muchDank :+1:

2 Likes