First time growing, going full on minimalism, nutes advice please

Hello everyone!
I’m in a far far away country where it is illegal to grow, so kindly keep in mind that the famous brands which works for everyone isn’t available here…

There are only quite a few hydroponic nutrients available and that is expensive and also the supplier won’t reveal NPK and that’s a huge red flag for me…
Especially because I can get 1 kg (2.2 pound) of water soluble NPK of any ratio under 10$…
Calmag is also available for dirt cheap…

I have germinated the seeds, the details of the grow are as follows…
I am growing in pure coco peat, no added perlite or any other shenanigans because I have read in OG that you don’t need to add it if you plan on letting run off every watering.(correct me if I’m wrong please).

So the advice which I’m looking for is, what composition of water soluble NPK ratio should I go for?
For vegetative and for flowering?
And how to feed?
And does calmag also have composition? If so what should I aim for?
Anything else I should need other than NPK and calmag?
I am gonna be using my own borewell water, it should have some metals in it…

The reason I’m not going for RO other than the cost is, not a single seed germinated in my RO water…

The strain is pure sativa bag seed and I have quite a lot of it. So losing some plants here and there won’t hurt me financially (but I’d still be emotionally hurt though).

This is purely a test run, I want to perfect my method before spending for seeds.

Currently I have 3 plants in organic setup where I practice topping and LST.( One isn’t doing well)

And 5 germinated seeds in half cut water bottle in coco which I got from my friend for free Lol (2 plants popped today).

I haven’t made my grow tent yet, so it’s inside the greenhouse for now.
My plan is to make it with tarpaulin…

So far I haven’t spent $$$ on anything other than the shit quality weed which came with lot of seeds…

In summary, will the store bought water soluble NPK work for me if so what composition?
Calmag?

8 Likes

In veg
Water plus calmag ( if needed ) and food = total 1/1/1 , ( a balanced feed )

Stretch ( when you flip lights to 12/12 )
Water plus calmag ( if needed ) and food = 2/1/1 total ( pushing n as plant making a lot of leaf and stem

W3 of flower to W5 ( when flowering starts to appear ) water plus calmag ( if needed ) and food a total of 1/3/3 in Rez ( pushing p and k for budding )

W5-8 , water calmag food total 1/4/4 ( pushing higher p and k )

W8 till 10/11 water calmag food total 1/2/6 , ( only pushing k now so plant finishes )
Chop

This is example of a 11/12 weeker

In veg 0.8-0.9 ec , 400-450 ppm 500 scale
Stretch 1.1 ec
W3/5 1.2 / 1.3 ec
W5 /8 1.4 /1.5 ec
W8/11 1.0 /0.8 ec

You don’t have to be exact , just as close as you can : ) you still have to read plants and aJust accordingly of course , but this a good guide : )

4 Likes

I went ahead and bought myself a 19-19-19 NPK and
zinc 3%, magnesium 4%, Boron 0.20%, manganese 0.30%, ferrous 1.60%, copper 0.40%…
Additionally the salesman said I can purchase calcium nitrate, phosphorus, potassium also…

2 Likes

Thanks brother… So I’m good for veg now right 19-19-19…
I’m missing calcium now, can I feed crushed eggshell instead?
Will the plant absorb that way in hydroponics?

1 Like

You should check out @lefthandseeds nutrient topic , I’m not good on computor , maybe someone can link it for you : ) he knows his stuff : )

1 Like

The big question is what’s in the water of the bore hole , that will dictate if calmag is needed , or if too much calcium in water you may have to dilute it with RO to get a better level of calcium

Yes that 1/1/1 is good you have buuuuuuuut if you add calcium nitrate to it , it will become a close to 2/1/1 cuz you adding more n to mix

I’m a city slicker so I have no experience in boreholes and wells etc

1 Like

Wild grow outside my window where I used to throw the seeds…

!transplanted from wild grow… killed several though, how do I safely transplant this
Screenshot_2021-12-08-17-36-25-422_com.google.android.apps.photos|503x500
These are is my own grow from seeds…

9 Likes

I don’t have resources to test the water or even ppm as of now…
I’ll just have to eyeball it for now…

1 Like

No stores around me either, I live in the country but I have internet…

1 Like

I wish it was that simple…:pleading_face:

1 Like

Recently grew out a pure back cross of C99 that I had done 20 years ago, the only thing the 1 male/3 females got from start to finish was Osmocote Indoor-Outdoor Plus. This is a steal to be used on cannabis, fruit trees, veggies, whatever. https://www.amazon.com/Osmocote-Outdoor-Smart-Release-8-Pound-Fertilizer/dp/B00GTDGMHC/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1OT0Z3XM1LULA&keywords=osmocote+plus+outdoor+and+indoor+smart-release+plant+food&qid=1638972323&sprefix=osmocote+%2Caps%2C284&sr=8-5

Dyna-Gro makes some excellent foods. Both of those are non cannabis targeted, meaning, they are fair value with a complete nutrition regarding a full package of NPK and micros…without the scammy cannabis marketing intent.

Another thing, don’t fall for “you need this and that here and there” drill. The lemmings have fallen for it and the cannabis vendors love it that their marketing plan and schemes work.

It’s leaf and root mass that drives production. Keep those parts happy until harvest and you will have some nice herb. Do not de-leaf!

Been using root pruning systems for decades. It’s all about the roots. rootmaker.com

Griffin’s Spin out experiment way back when… How can I use Spin-Out for chemical root pruning?

Good luck,
Uncle Ben

4 Likes

Sounds like your off to a great start @alwaysnoob. Only thing that I would recommend for now would be rock dust for some trace elements. They are very beneficial to the plants overall nutrition uptake and health, thus creating bigger stronger buds. Something like Azomite or similar should do it. It will definitely help your plant utilize that NPK and grow strong stems!
You sound ambitious and determined! You also stated in your post that you live in a far away land lol that frowns upon anything cannabis related which makes it hard for you to get quality genetics to grow good herb, and that is key!
I can help you there. I can and will send you something good and stealthy. All you have to do is send me your shipping info in a private message. Click on my icon and message me if your interested. Otherwise everything looks great, and happy growing!!

4 Likes

Thanks uncle Ben, the osmocote costs 347$ for shipping Lol…

Even though dyna-gro costs more wrt my country’s economy it looks affordable but it’s only 8 oz, if that would suffice for at least one grow I will go for it… (It will still take a month or more to reach me).

Honestly it’s the first time I’m hearing about root pruning systems, I will definitely look it up and try it in at least one of the plant…
Your wisdom is much appreciated uncle Ben…

1 Like

Maybe look into natural farming techniques such as KNF or JADAM. They rely on making nutrients from what is grown locally around you.

6 Likes

Thanks a lot brother, you have no idea how much that means to me…
I will do that for sure…

1 Like

Sure brother, that’s the long term plan…

I love growing organics but the thing is I have always admired hydroponics, aquaponics And aeroponics long before the current cannabis surge Lol…
And what better crop to learn other than our beloved sweet marry jane🥰

1 Like

What do you get when hammer meets rock, Free minerals :muscle: :muscle:

4 Likes

If you want minimalist…nothing is easier than General Hydroponics Maxibloom!

1 tsp per gallon from clone through harvest…with the addition of Koolbloom(dry) a few times as a booster(though not needed at all…)

It’s a one part dry nutrient, about $15 for 2.2 # bag…it’s complete including calcium and performs exceptionally well in Coco!!

ICMag has a ton of dedicated threads strictly on Maxibloom if looking for expert grows with it…

I used it for years a long time ago and I’d put the results against basically anything.

These were grown with Maxibloom

Brian(Alaskagrown)

5 Likes

You need salts, not ground up minerals that will never be available to the plant in the salt form they can use.

Good luck finding some good plant food.

3 Likes

Your girls look awesome bro…
I wish I can just adopt them lol…