First time growing, going full on minimalism, nutes advice please

What do you get when hammer meets rock, Free minerals :muscle: :muscle:

4 Likes

If you want minimalist…nothing is easier than General Hydroponics Maxibloom!

1 tsp per gallon from clone through harvest…with the addition of Koolbloom(dry) a few times as a booster(though not needed at all…)

It’s a one part dry nutrient, about $15 for 2.2 # bag…it’s complete including calcium and performs exceptionally well in Coco!!

ICMag has a ton of dedicated threads strictly on Maxibloom if looking for expert grows with it…

I used it for years a long time ago and I’d put the results against basically anything.

These were grown with Maxibloom

Brian(Alaskagrown)

5 Likes

You need salts, not ground up minerals that will never be available to the plant in the salt form they can use.

Good luck finding some good plant food.

3 Likes

Your girls look awesome bro…
I wish I can just adopt them lol…

Thanks uncle Ben…
It’s good to know that this early, I’ll be looking at alternatives…

@alwaysnoob this could be helpful for you.

Also use Google to search for Organic Fertilizer, you can use things like coffee grinds, seaweeds, and lots of other organic stuff that would be in your area and free.

Potassium (Quick Release Nutrient)

Organic Source: Bannana Peels (Black or Yellow)

Directions:
1 Bannana Peel Chopped ( Chopped, diced or whole ) and 2 cups of water boiled on the stove top for 5 mins…
Allow water to cool & use immediately.
Can stay in fridge for a few weeks.

Usage: One Tablespoon per Gal of water.

Potassium (Slow Release Nutrient)
Organic Source: Bannana Peels (Black or Yellow)

Directions:
Bake XXXX number of Bannana peels In the oven at 300°f untill they turn black and crispy.
Allow to cool, then grind them in a coffee grinder, allow the Bannana grinds to fully dry out before keeping in a sealed jar.
Shelf stable for atleast 6 months.

Usage: One Teaspoon per Gal of Soil.

** CalMag+ (Quick Release Nutrient)**

3 Likes

Thanks brother…
I will put this knowledge to good use…

1 Like

Hope it helps

1 Like

Advice needed: Looks like plants are always hungry while using water soluble NPK 19:19:19 fertilizer…

Lower leaves yellowing and new growths are light green, all the symptoms match nutes deficiency…
How do I administer that said NPK?
Dosage advice needed!!

I am growing on soil and coco, I can’t seem to figure out the dosage for even one lol…

I couldn’t source the proper nutes yet and I’m gonna experiment with cheaper (I mean dirt cheap synthetic fertilizer) nutes and stuff with bag seed while my nicer beans are on their way…

If nobody ever used the NPK 19:19:19 for cannabis I understand…

I just want to understand this fertilizer from a agricultural point of view and try to apply it for cannabis if I can…
Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated brothers …

This also matches pH imbalance leading to nute lockout (in which case no amount of nutrients will help, unless you can get pH balanced), or it could be over/under watering, and if you’re using a 19-19-19, it’s very unlikely that it’s a nutrient deficiency… more likely it’s overfeeding. I also suspect root issues because of the absence of aeration in your mix.

All of this is pure conjecture without some more details: What’s the ratio of soil to coco?
Are you feeding full strength?
What is the actual nutrient brand?
Did you rinse/buffer your coco?
How’s often does she get watered, and what volume?
Pictures of the plants as a whole, along with problem areas would be helpful too

3 Likes

OMG, I think I did all the mistakes you listed…
The only good thing I did was to wash the coco until I saw water run clear…:sob:

They’re not mistakes per se, just questions that the members here need answered before we can help diagnose.
Reply with the answers and then you’ll get more helpful feedback from everyone. :wink::+1:

2 Likes

Sorry I was vague with my answer before brother…
I was ashamed because my plants look very shitty compared to what I normally see in og…
Turns out I was using foliar spray dosage to feed them up until last feeding…

Nevertheless, I am gonna take my grow seriously from now on and go purchase some pots…

I plan to shift this big girl/boy (don’t know the sex yet lol) to pure coco, but I’m gonna up my feeding and observe for couple of days before I do that. Any thoughts on that bro?

I assure you that they are not neglected, they were just taken care off poorly or without proper education…

Tyre boy, no serious deficiency yet or atleast i think so, I’m gonna wait for your opinion on that…

Pure coco, no perlite either…
Covered the pot to avoid light exposure to the roots…

These seedlings were germinated to test and practice the germination…

I’m not worried that they stay still even after a month of up shooting but i would like to know the cause so that it won’t happen again…

Le seedlings…

1 Like

I’m gonna also go buy rice husks to go with coco…
Purdue University study says I’ll be okay with that…
The reason I’m gonna do that is, rice husks are cheap and available locally around me, I’m practically surrounded by paddy field on all sides LoL…

1 Like

I went ahead and got myself these and 5 kg of rice husk…
Washed two 5kg bricks of coco yesterday…
It’s not that good of a setup but its a start…
Gotta say I’m digging this gardening lmao…

Now, do I wash the rice husks or not?
Also I’m thinking of 80:20 ratio, any recommendations?

3 Likes

I had to abandon my plants when life pulled a fast one on me…
I’m seeing them after 13 days, one of it decided to flower and go hermie on me while I was gone…
Surprisingly the plant which was in pure coco (only washed, not buffered) is still standing…

Technically I took one plant to flowering…
And it looks amazing, hopefully my curse gets lifted along with this plant and my future plants prosper along with me…

1 Like

Looks like the tallest plant survived the 400 km transit…

Others aren’t looking well, but i hope it’s too early to tell…

Noticed some 20w led lights waiting to be thrown out at home, today I’m gonna tinker with those and see if I can get anything out of them…
Also 1 number of 150w proper led grow light and one 50w driverless cob (for me to tinker with) on mail…
So lights are my no.1priority this week…

5 Likes

I’m not sure I saw it discussed here, but one of the best things you can get yourself in a minimalist setup is a ph tester. Even if it is just the cheap testing strips, it will give you a much better idea of where your source water and soil is at. Many nutrient deficiencies experienced by new growers are really just ph based nutrient lockouts.

4 Likes

Thanks brother, i will be sure to get a pH tester ASAP…

1 Like