First Time (growing legal that is)!

@Tejas You see this?

Pearl Pheno?

5 Likes

@OhNo555 Damn, I missed my opportunity! I could have told you those are my SkyLink upload terminals for the remote sensing system that automatically turn on the irrigation valves when soil moisture levels drop below the optimum levels! But in reality, as THCeed said, that’s the point where the airpot overlaps itself and those blue things are just the plastic screws that hold it together! :rofl:

:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I have never used air pots. How are they to grow in? I do only grow indoors at this point in time. We are legal after 07/01/2023. Then I can grow outdoors. Got nosey military neighbors that are busy body’s. Don’t want no hassle from the man. They already don’t like my Rottweilers or my pool parties.

4 Likes

Wow, @Tlander, does everything just start flowering and growing to 6 feet tall in a few weeks? lol Beautiful garden bro.

I’m loving that Koh Tao Purple. Does KD sell any of his genetics? Those buds are sure putting it on! Happy Easter bro! peace

3 Likes

Well, the ‘concept’ of them is great! I’ve used them on other nursery product grows (non-ganja) and I like the root-pruning concept. With ganja I’ve never had a plant totally use them to that end though. I always end up transplanting them, either to a bigger airpot or into the ground before the roots have completely filled the pot. The idea is that the root tips grow to the little dimples and when t back, causing it to sprout new root branches further inside…in the end you get fantastic root systems.

A good thing about them is that unlike transplanting from a regular pot, you don’t need to disturb the rootball, just unscrew the screws and remove the sidewall. Outdoors the black ones get extremely hot in the Sun. They make 'em in white and I have tried a few and they’re much better…but almost double the cost over here! Also, if you have problems with fungus gnats these will probably make the problem worse as there are hundreds of entry points for the little buggers!

Good luck with the neighbors! I’m very lucky…I don’t have any! :rofl:

7 Likes

555! Well, this time of year is crazy! About 3 days ago we ‘shifted’, today the National weather service issued a warning that the “Temperature Index” (some formula they have for temp & RH) would hit 45.8 C./114.4 F. today! I’mmmm mmmmmelllltttinnnggg! :sob:

Our humidity levels have been in the 75-90% range for weeks (this after months of monsoon at 90-100%!), my dehumidifier has been running 24/7. Yesterday I was getting ready to trim and opened the drying tent and the first bud I touched crumbled in my hands! I looked at the hydrometer and it was reading 44%! Suddenly I had to rig up hanging buckets of water with towels hanging over the handles and fans blowing on them! :joy: NEVER a dull moment around here! :rofl:

The growth in the last week or so has been like watching a time-lapse movie! I mean those Reds from MissinBisson are 5 weeks from seed! The autoflowers went absolutely crazy…biggest one is now 4 meters in a 10 gallon airpot and it just started flowering this week! If it stretches I’m gonna need a firetruck ladder! :rofl:

KD does sell seed, but be careful! There are over 500 people claiming to be “KD Koh Tao” sellers on our local version (Lazada/Shopee) of Amazon here! I’ll DM you!

5 Likes

We’re gonna have a hot summer here. I guess the low humidities help but the wind blows a lot and scares me because of the fire danger.

I was playing on Google maps a while back and cruising around your island. While just goofing off I ran across KD Genetics. It was a place a little off the road, on a hill(?). That’s what made me ask. Is that his place or some fake? I think it was a little on the east side of the island… I’ll look again.

That sounds like the US. One guy does good, and a dozen more people claim to be him. smh

:man_farmer: :v:

2 Likes

Hope I’m not boring ya’ll with these updates for the seed donors, but… a promise is a promise!

@Maddawg

@THCeed (My seedlog file program is acting up again and I can’t access it right now, I ‘think’ these are all from you? :pray:)

@misterbee

@firehead

@CADMAN (I think?)

@Budderton

And the Black Rosewood seedlings are taking a hint from my ganja and just exploding right now!

Walked out of the green house and looked up at this…one of the smallest ones of a bunch of seed I can still clearly remember this one being planted in 2006! I think it’s an Arenga undilatifolia, a native of Borneo, the Philippines and Indonesia. (Someone?) was visiting a very famous Botanical Garden in SE Asia, taking photos of their rare palm collections and sitting on the grass making notes from the little signs under each one…when they noticed that there was an entire army of guys apparently endlessly mowing the grass everywhere. Being monocots, palms will immediately die if the central growth point is chopped, so (they) realized that all the seeds around (and under EVERY palm tree they’d visit) would be killed in the very near future :sob: Well, “rumor has it” that a large number of labeled, well-washed and closely inspected rare palm seeds went on a vacation that year! :rofl: Of course…it’s ONLY a rumor!

And there’ll be generations to come! (On one of the larger ones).

OGTW!!!

17 Likes

That’s just downright cool, TL! Awesome!!
:grin::v::canada:

3 Likes

I think it looks delicious.

4 Likes

Not boring at all, I love the pics. @Tlander thank you.

7 Likes

555! About 2 1/2 hrs ago I needed to stretch my legs from trimmin’, so I rolled a fattie out of just the trimmings of one of @BigMike55 's Bloody Monster plants in the tray and went for a walk through the gardens…

…I just got back (in the dark!) after having an absolute ball shooting pictures and checkin’ up on the girls and I got shitloads of work done too!! Thanks Big Mike, can’t wait to try the bud now! :rofl:

And I really had a good laugh when I got back to the trim deck and realized I’d only taken 2 hits before walking off! “Good Shit” doesn’t even come close to saying it! ALL HAIL Big Mike55! :joy: :pray:
We are not worthy (But we’ll sure take it!)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No individual tags this time! Hope the abbreviated captions are understandable (I think/hope the donors will recognize their own creations!)

I sure had fun, hope you did!

I finally got my truck back yesterday…Front-end looks better than it has in 20 years with a new radiator, new grill, new bumper and new engine compartment hood! It runs great, the new AC works great! But it took me all of about 2 minutes to discover that I didn’t have any brakes! :rofl: ONLY IN THAILAND! :joy: :joy: :joy: Got an appointment for tomorrow! Living in SE Asia is always an adventure!

12 Likes

Right on TL! Those KTPs have got me chomping at the bit! I must resist for 3 months!! :confounded:

4 Likes

The LSGTK is starting to get quite the cola on it. Beautiful pictures. keep it up.

3 Likes

This is looking nice. How far along is she?

8 Likes

555! I haven’t a fkn clue bro! :clown_face: Still early! She went into soil on Jan 30th!

Seriously, my seed log program (Libre Office) has crashed “and it can’t get up”! :joy:

I ‘try’ to write the date that I see the first flower on the back of the tag, so I can know these kinds of things…but that’s as far as I’ve gotten! I’ll have the planting date and each transplant date on the tag & in the computer, but there’s no chance the flowering date is logged in the file. I’ll try to have a look at a tag tomorrow and see if we get lucky?

7 Likes

Palm trees are always cool. They’ve been on the planet longer than vertebrates have lived on land.

Damn. The MSxLRUV you got is leaning so heavily towards narrow leaf sativa! Yours is the most extreme example I’ve seen :+1::green_heart:

3 Likes

Watched this very cool colored wasp digging in the dry dirt at my feet this morning. He/she was too fast moving for me to line up a good shot, but managed to snap a few that showed of some of the colors;

Okay, staring things off with the ‘Reds’; Red Thai, Red GSC & Red Headed Hippie from @MissinBissin & @SativaKid ;
The Red GSC have a nice look to them, with narrow, deeply serrated laeves;

Leaves on the RHH are likewise narrow (even narrower that RGSC) and the serrations are more pronounced. I’m looking forward to seeing these grow up!;

The Red Thai are the farthest along so far;

Next up are the young Arunothai germination testers. There’s another 4-5 of these out in-ground in the nursery;

And a couple of @Budderton ‘s White Papaya x White Castle (There’s more of them but couldn’t get’ em in-frame!

Next up, a few more shots of the pearling Black Creme autos. I should have saved some pollen! Damn! Might have to just hit 'em up with photo-reg pollen and take whatever I can get in the way of seeds?

And a quick series of some young Mango Smile x Low Rider UV buds from @firehead ; The back of the tag says that the first sighting of female pre-flowers was on March 14, making these 4 weeks in flower and 8 weeks since planting.

And a falling palm leaf striped off a couple young Franken Bubble x Blue Tara buds so I’ll get an early taste;

Finally, and I DO mean “Finally”, after being mailed in early January, I just received some “Wonder Beans” from @Greenfingers :pray: Thank you!

Have a great day all!

10 Likes

Awesome grow, I love those skinny leaves. I hope those seeds grow well for you, I haven’t tried them yet. I have the grapex x blue sunshine in flower. :peace_symbol:

6 Likes