First Time (growing legal that is)!

WINNER! Well, we both think so anyway! Send me a PrivNote w/your deet’s bro!

:call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks @Tlander !
I’ve heard and seen about LSD x Blue sunshine and would love to try it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Privnote on the way.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed growing them and hope you do too! Pretty much the biggest colas of the season, from start to finish! Things got crazy around here and I didn’t note the date of first flowering on the tags, so have no idea how long they flowered for. Whatever it was, they could have gone 2 more weeks if it was in a drier climate! I tried a little freshly-dried/uncured and it was trippy! But I’m gonna hold off and let 'em sit in their Grove Bags a while. Your beans will head out after the holidays here on Tuesday! First new ‘recycled bottle’ puck to go! Yahooo! Good luck with them bro!

7 Likes

Awesome! I’m happy to be the first tester for your new pucks. That envelope has a long trip ahead of it.
I’ll let you know when it hits my mailbox. :v:

4 Likes

I’m ALWAYS poppin’ some more beans around here and, like everyone I suppose, I get some ‘good’ batches and some ‘bad’ batches. I’ve tried worm castings ( :+1:), water soaks, water & hydro Peroxide, cracking, sanding, zip-locs…you name it! Here’s my latest results w/float-tech!

Now, in the interest of Bro-Science… 555! I had a short run of shitty germination lately. Discovered that it was nematodes in my seedling mix that were causing the problems. But I also just had 2 or 3 strains where I got “ZERO” germination (Not even a root-tip pop in soak!) and both times I got belated messages saying they should have been lightly sanded. Now I have a cigar tube with a piece of rolled up sandpaper inside that I use ‘when I know to expect difficulties’, but this time I decided to just very lightly draw a fingernail file across the ridge of each seed (2 sides) with 5 light draws. No pressure downwards on the seed, just dragging across. These were soaked by dropping onto the surface of the 45 ml. h2O & .5 ml. of 6% hydrogen peroxide. After 24 hours, I ‘sink’ the seeds, pour off the water, decanting it 3 times. The third wash (50 ml.)stays on the seeds with no additional H.P. added. At 19 hours after they went in, here’s what I see (and updates at 30 hours);

@GMan
Lemon Thai - 6 of 8 (EDIT; 6 am (30 hrs.) 8/8!)

@ShiskaberrySavior
Orange Goji - 3/5 (EDIT; 6 am 5/5!)

Goji f2 x Lemon Thai 4/5 (EDIT; 6 am 5/5!)

Oaxaca x Lemon Thai 3/5 (EDIT; 6 am 4/5!)

UPDATE: 6 am = 22 out of 23 germinated w/tails and headed for the plug trays! Good enough for this non-governmental work!!! :heart_eyes: So at the very least, it doesn’t appear to have ‘hurt’ anything! :joy:

And this concludes our test of the Emergency Germination System, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming!

11 Likes

Your method seems to be working. :+1:
Experimenting and trying new things is the way.
I know that when I stumble upon something that actually works, it’s a great feeling.

4 Likes

Haa, haa, haa! Yep, it’s a nice feeling when things go ‘right’! I’m just over-the-moon with the events of the last few days around here! One BIG mishap - the Cloner! Auuggghhh! I should have misted the whole thing down with hypoclorious acid when I saw the first signs of stem rot. Oh well, remember… NO STRESS Tlander! :joy: There’s gonna be more than enough clones to take again very soon!

I gotta run down to do my rounds but should be back in a couple hours to check in…meanwhile…
Let’s do another GIVEAWAY! :partying_face:

For a puck full o’ my weird-ass Goji OG Giants f2’ed from @misterbee and @CADMAN 's originals;
How old are my foreman’s oldest AND youngest sons (2 boys)? Good luck! Arnold & I’ll be back!

4 Likes

28/15 it’s just a guess.no clue

4 Likes

Haa, haa, haa That’s great guesses! Just not the right 2! :joy:
Keep tryin’! Let’s make it easier, everybody gets 2 shots at it!

1 Like

How olds the Foreman?

1 Like

46! plus 10 char

3 Likes

30 and 15 for my second guess.

1 Like

23 ad 18 for me.

1 Like

16 and 14. Ten chars

1 Like

10/5 for me

1 Like

Ummm … Perhaps… 19 and 17?

1 Like

15 and 13 second guess.

1 Like

Second guess… 12 and 5 years

I don’t know if the one in the pic is the oldest or youngest… … 555

1 Like

Second guess is 16 and 12

1 Like

555! This appears harder than I thought it would be! One of you has got the older one right! :joy: And two of you have gotten real close on the younger one! Tell ya what, let’s make it 3 guesses each (for now!) :crazy_face: Hint: there’s a pic of the younger one watching the huge beetle larvae I was harvesting from the compost! Good Luck!

3 Likes