First time in soil with plants moving from inside to outside, need some guidance

So here’s the thing. I started with auto’s, accumulated a number of seeds and than got stung by an auto that did not flip. Messed up my whole indoor grow so I decided that this is what I would use these auto seeds for. Got to grow them at some point, I paid for most of them and they are just sitting now.
As for humidity I hear you. These will be up north of Bancroft. It’s either blazing hot or pouring rain. No way to predict. Last year was great and than when I took my wife up for the first week of September there was only 1 day out of 9 it did not piss down rain all day and got very cold. That’s why I want them done by mid Aug.
I don’t know if this will work but I want to give it a shot anyway. I will likely come back to find them dead at some point but them seeds ain’t helping anyone sitting in the fridge :slight_smile:
I got faith in what you are telling me bud, you are not that far from this area so way more experienced than I. Hell I might even toss a photo out with 3 auto’s and see what happens. Couldn’t hurt.

3 Likes

How big a pot?

1 Like

Growing them in pots would be an issue with nobody there to tend them wouldn’t it? That’s why I wanted to go into the ground and let nature do it’s thig. I may just be crazy though.

I started Reikos FAM giveaway seeds in solo cups. After a few weeks I transplanted them outside to raised beds. I got 2.5 foot tall plants and really good smoke. You can set up a cheap drip line also with timer so you don’t even have to be there to water. I posted picks of it in my old thread.

3 Likes

Nice, do you have a link?

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks very much, heading over to give it a read.

Depends on the auto. I’ve been using 2 - 3 gallon for 8 - 9 weekers. And 3-5 for the ones over 10.

2 Likes

No matter what you do I’ll be along for the ride brother. For all we know the genetics you have could do amazing in the conditions you provide them. Putting in a photo as well would be a good way to cover your bet though. I have a few extra fem serious 6 from serious seeds. Done by September 21ish. Read about it and if you want some just let me know.

3 Likes

I’m gonna be watching along as well as I have not had that great of luck outdoors with unpredictable early snowfalls and sorts. Also thinking if doing autos this year as well but May 1 might be a bit early here. Will see. I do plan on using net pots and found that they will get some moisture from the ground up but you would still need some type of watering solution if you went that way.

5 Likes

you folks want to make the nicest possible amended hole, easiest for roots to grow through, deep as possible, but not heavily fertilized, and transplant ASAfP when you have seedlings in solo-cups-- they hate root stress & high-feed.

And deer. Make protective barriers. And venison chili. :bowl_with_spoon:

There’s some stuff called ‘soil-moist’ than can hold water but I won’t speak to it’s chemistry. :man_shrugging:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

:point_up: what he said. Nice big holes. Loose breathable soil.
Also if you can find it, copper tape amd some strong fishing line.
Wrap the bottoms of your plants withthe tape around the stalks. This will prevent slugs from climbing up and eating your crop. A buried to the rim cup of beer will work too…if you want to waste it. They are atracted to the beer and fall in the cup and drown.

The fishing line is used to make a 3 level fence.
One low, one knee area, one neck area. The deer wil bump into it and cant see what it is. If you got strong stuff and they dont breal it, it freaks them out and they go the other way. Just be sure to take it back with you out of the woods when you harvest.

For the holes, I would fill the bottom half or 3/4 full with a bloom nutrient rich soil. The top I would use just use regular gardning soil that has a good NPK. When the roots reach the bottom soils they should be stretching during flower and they will thank you for the higher bloom nutrients they reach with big, shinny, buds.

1 Like

For the soil moist water holding stuff, you can findit in baby diapers if you want. Just cut some open and you will get all these little clear beads. They are used to soak up water. Ive seen people adding these beads to their soils, but I have never. Nor do I know if it works as Ive been told.

1 Like

I’m going to listen in

2 Likes

In my neighborhood deer will eat small vegging plants on site, as will rabbits,woodchucks. They don’t make it 3 nights.
Your setting yourself up for a let down if you don’t defend against herbivores. That’s 24” of chicken wire at the base of a 5’ cage

6 Likes

have had pheasants destroy young plants as well as deer and rabbits and woodchucks

3 Likes

I only have to worry about two legged animals in my back yard. :angry:

2 Likes

Thanks, good advice. There certainly are a ton of critters where I am going to do this. Deer on my lawn are really common.

1 Like

sounds like you got some poor climate. i do not think deer will be a problem. how ever varmit will be a problem. depending on the nutes you use. would be a goog idea. to put a low fence around them to keep varmits away.

Bugs is all I can think of but that’s a given on outside grows …an auto popped up in my vegetable garden last year, first auto for me…I don’t know how it got there and I definitely didn’t put it there. The auto flowered around late June and in zone 5 pot plants would start flowering in mid August…the rest of my pot plant started flowering the 2nd. week of August.

Sativa Dominant Auto

This one I planted chopped down around November

8 Likes