First time indoor grow Tips and Tricks to help the grow needed

As the title says it’s my first time running an indoor grow got a diy tent made from an ikea cloth closet fan blowing lightly led grow light suspended about 1.5 feet above the five gallon bucket pots I fabricated with drill holes for drainage and bottom tray watering on a 16/8 light schedule watering with great value bottled water since I’m lacking a ph tester for the time being (ph listed as 6.2 and I’m only using fox farm big bloom (2 tbsp per gallon ) also using fox farm for the soil ocean forest pre mixed I decided to only germinate 1 of 4 of both my Gary Payton and super silver haze feminized seeds from seedsupreme in preparation for unforeseen obstacles I’m sure I’ll encounter along the journey only issue I’m having is with the Gary Payton seemingly not progressing much at all in comparison to her sister ssh growing like a weed (pun intended) any and all advice will be used and appreciated.

8 Likes

I would germ more but that’s me.

3 Likes

You’re off to a great start! I am growing in self watering 5 gallon buckets too. I’ll be very interested to watch as your grow progresses.

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @Hunnamilla ! You are in the right place my friend :smile:

Your Gary certainly doesn’t look as happy as the SSH but one of my girls this grow was a bit of a runt for the whole time, and as of now just a couple weeks from harvest, she’s the same size as my girl that was always ahead of curve, so you never know.
If nothing else, there are a few threads for “Sick plant diagnosis”, so the search bar is your friend for sure for information and questions people have already asked :slight_smile:
Enjoy your stay and if you keep posting as a journal I’ll certainly be around to watch!

1 Like

they need quite a bit more light. :v:

1 Like
As in more hours of light or more lights in the tent ?
1 Like

cant speak for him but the long skinny one has stretched a lot as soon as it meets some wind it will kink over your light source is either low in power or just a little to high cannabis is a strange plant dli daily light input most plants can not tolerate 12 hours and more of direct sun light think outside the sun is not at high noon all day cannabis can and does well with intense light .not when or if you repot that lanky one bury it deeper in the pot

1 Like

More pics for a more accurate representation of the set up

2 Likes

This is a pic of the light on high and low level

1 Like

I have a timer outlet that shuts off power at 10pm then cuts back on at 6am only the light is on the timer the fan up top stays running all the time

1 Like

It’s already receiving a nice steady low breeze from an desk fan in the top corner of the tent

1 Like

Does anyone think I should black the tent out and was also thinking the more advanced plant might be thriving more due to the difference in buckets it’s in a smaller white bucket closer to the rim of the bucket whereas the Gary Payton is in a taller bucket about mid level and in a darker Orange setting thinking about taping strips of aluminum foil in it to promote more light

1 Like

the pales set up looks good. it was the picture of the cups with the long seedling all looks good with the set up. to increase light lower the light try 1 foot above see what happens it will add a touch of heat to them and the small one is stressed for some reason i see the cotyledons the lowest set of leaves are turning yellow yes they are supposed to. this just seems early as the size of that plant not much growth in first couple weeks is normal they are growing its more in the roots

1 Like

Hey! I’m a new grower too. I don’t have any advice but I also started my seeds several days ago and my Gary Peyton is severely lagging behind the others. I almost thought germination was a failure. Maybe they’re just slower and need more babying?

I’m hoping so to

1 Like

I love using Panda Film, very white on one side, very black on the other, myself.
Fold some edges over, to a pocket and hang it, or lay on floor for tight walls.
My cheapo staple gun works great. Anyway, I’m babbling now.
Good luck in your grow!!

1 Like

I assume your GP is in the last picture. Honestly he looks good here if you’re not comparing his growth rate to the others. I ended up giving mine to my aunt so I can focus on the other 4 and eventually transition outside. She used to work as a grower at a dispensary and she feels that maybe they’re slow or runts after I told her you were in the same boat.

Just curious, where did you get your GP seeds? I had saved mine from some dried herb about 2yrs back. Same with the other 4 I started (2 chili verde, pink runtz, and G41).