FirstCavApache64 ongoing grow journal and pollen chucks

i think i found something better… some 22oz and 32oz reusable cups.
step aside little dinky 16oz solos… AND your square 18oz cousins…

they arrive in a few days.

seen some of y’all drilling holes down the sides to make air pots. never tried that before. also considering doing a mini version of the “hempy bucket” with the 32oz cups…

plans within plans within plans within plans… within… plans… (maniacal laughter)
plans

6 Likes

:laughing: :metal: :100:

3 Likes

Nice! Those sound great! I poke holes in mine as well just for drainage and a bit of aeration, and with anything I’m truly invested in or breeding with I also use a clear cup inside of a coloured so I can observe the roots progression . Plus it catches run off and makes easy to just pour out as I builds

3 Likes

@til_valhalla https://www.amazon.com/Solo-Assorted-18-Ounce-Color-Cups/dp/B000LLUL5C?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

2 Likes

yeah… i know they are there. i try to source stuff locally before i turn to amazon.
however, like i said, i found sets of larger cups that i can turn into mini-airpots. might help me get through the strain hunt faster. at least that is the concept. try a little SOG instead of SCROG.

gnome sayn?

2 Likes

so dig this. was reading a thread by @OldUncleBen discussing utilizing fruit tree farming techniques growing his ganj. he mentioned a product called MicroKote and how he coats the insides of his plant pots with it to promote root health. the coating prunes the roots like an airpot would.

after reading the thread, it sounded like something i need to do to my outdoor operation(s) - both fruit/vegetable and ganj. i went and ordered some from here:
https://www.microkote.com/shop/
just got an email saying order processed and it’s on it’s way. cool.

so… upcoming experiments with microkote and DIY mini-airpots.

7 Likes

Very cool! Now I want some

3 Likes

Got my Amazon order in today and wanted to thank @Gonzo for his recommendation of the Microbe Lift for killing fungus gnats awhile back. This stuff works so well and is so easy to use I can’t see growing without it if you have fungus gnats in your environment.
The garden is doing well so far this run and I just added supports to Triangle Kush to keep her standing up. By far the floppiest plant I’ve grown.

17 Likes

Yup those Microbe-Lift BMC folks make a fine product! So much easier to use than dunks/bits etc. Gonna be interesting to see how you like that TK, Holy’s description scared me w/the forehead sweats stuff :laughing:

5 Likes

Me too, I’ll give it plenty of respect when I get to try it. The wedding Cake is supposed to hit hard as well. I’ll let my wife try em both first maybe lol.

7 Likes

Super strong simply means smaller hits!!

4 Likes

I mostly use green dragon tincture but like to smoke late at night. My wife is the heavy smoker in the house. One of my favorite crosses I’ve grown was Steve Lemme OG X Triangle Kush from GuaMainian Gardens and it was very potent in a cross. Just right for pain meds but not too much that I felt my head was spinning.

2 Likes

haha! does she know she’s your guinea pig tester?

3 Likes

She volunteers lol. She loves my weed compared to dispensaries crap which is a big reason I stick with it. She can smoke me under the table lol.

3 Likes

lol. that’s awesome.

i wish mine would smoke with me… it’s taken this long for her to even try the gummies for sleep.

baby steps i guess…

2 Likes

Damn that looks great! What’s the smell like?

1 Like

I’m terrible at describing smells but to me it has a sweet almost fruity smell and some milder funk in the background. Very nice yielder and above average potency. I’ll be keeping it around awhile for sure.

2 Likes

Depends on when you ask. Mid flower it’s Granny Smith apples. But at the end and beyond it’s more of a sour aftershave/shaving cream smell to me. Very unique and loud.

6 Likes

Here’s a tent packed with the GMO x granny skunk. She was grown in an Earthbox that time.

14 Likes

I didn’t smoke for 15 years. My wife was my tester the whole time.

5 Likes