FirstCavApache64 ongoing grow journal and pollen chucks

Check it out bro :sunglasses:! :wink::blush::+1::facepunch::ok_hand::v:

The ladybugs we sell are native to North America, the species Hippodamia convergens. Their main prey are aphids, but they are generalists, and feed on a variety of other pests including thrips, mites, whitefly, mealybugs, leafhoppers, and many other soft-bodied bugs. :beetle:

2 Likes

That would be great. I had to toss her as it was in that same area and had them on it. I took cuts of MB15, TK, Bubba, Irene OG, Wedding Cake and Blue Dream as they were in a veg area separate from the quarantine area that had thrips. Once these cuts root I’ll toss all my big mom’s and reset everything. I tossed 15 plants today that I’ve been taking care of twice a day for 3 months as they were in solos but were big plants. I loved that GMO x Granny Skunk and once I’m 100% sure everything is clean I’ll definitely be hitting you up. I’m just happy that they stayed out of my veg and flower room.
Thanks so much.

7 Likes

Thanks man, I’m using Spinosad since they’re in veg and will alternate citric acid sprays. I plan on hitting them every 3 days until I know they’re gone. The beneficial insects are great but can take time and I need to get this done asap to be able to keep the flower tent fed. I was supposed to be chopping this weekend but now it’s gonna have to wait.

4 Likes

Hope you get them contained and eliminated. Nothing worse than pests on your plants. Maybe a boil on your ball bag?

3 Likes

Thanks man. It shouldn’t be too bad starting off with small clones but I’ve never had them before so it’s gonna be a learning experience for sure. Haven’t had anything since Spider mites in 2018 so I guess I’m due.

8 Likes

I hadn’t had critters in a decade and taking in a bunch of older “elite” cuts last year somehow a couple buggers slipped past me even with a 2 week quarantine and regular IPM treatments man that was a hard pill to swallow

Later they ended up taking over the whole garden, these days I’m being beyond picky about which cuts I bring in if I’m going to risk things like losing certain strains…

Most cuts I’ve had and lost I can get back easily, but still, it’s the principal of wasted time and efforts and that sinking feeling in your gut when you accidentally allowed a pest in :man_facepalming:t2:

Best of luck brother, I’m sure you can get them knocked out, don’t forget Johnny potseeds one and done if you haven’t seen it yet, I’ve seen it work wonders on a few guys gardens here on OG

You got this!! @FirstCavApache64

🪴🤙

8 Likes

Thanks man, you’re 100% right about that sinking feeling when I realized what had happened. Might give me a chance to run some seeds that I’ve been wanting to get to once it clears up so there’s a bright side to everything. I’ve been struggling to keep everything happy with all the clones I had going so a reset might help me get things back to how I like them.

7 Likes

I wanted to thanks @OhNo555 and @Rhai88 for the killer stickers for my tent. OhNo555 was so awesome to send the big Christmas hologram sticker and the OG sticker from Rhai88 really pops in the light. Thank you guys very much. I finally got 2 plants chopped so I could get to the back of the tent to put them up.

17 Likes

Thems are some clean slapz you’re rockin’ in that tent brother! :wink:

Always cool to see the slapz living with other people. Makes me a happy guy!

10 Likes

I’ve got Wreckage Master Bastard Kush and Wedding Cake chopped and drying. Blue Dream or TK will be coming down tomorrow. Trinity and Irene OG still need a week or so. I’m looking forward to getting everything down and cleaning out the tent for the next round. Irene has a great floral smell that is pretty different than what I’ve been growing lately. Smaller yield on her but if the flower is good I can live with it.

Irene OG

Now I just have to decide what I’m flowering next. Toughest decision a grower has, at least for me. Need to get some autos started soon that help my wife out with nausea.

20 Likes

Oh the high quality problems we have these days :grinning:
Looking forward to Your and the Mrs. feedback on these.

3 Likes

Had an awesome day today thanks to @PhlizonGrowLight drawing my name for a kick ass 640 watt light. I got TK down and hanging and it looks great. Blue Dream is ready to come down and is a really nice looking plant.

Drying area will be packed after I add the rest of TK and the Blue Dream. Should be a really nice yield this run and I’ll be happy once everything is hanging and I can relax.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and your gardens are stinky.

25 Likes

Very nice. I like how you have them hanging. Time for a $General run. In about 3-4 weeks.

5 Likes

Thanks, I do everything on a budget and I can get 4 or 5 big branches on each hangar. It’s not the prettiest but it works. I just need more bars for the tent frame to have space.

8 Likes

Look on craigslist. I see a lot of cheap tents.

4 Likes

love the hangers. i use them also. 3rd world dry FTW!

did the last cut survive the mites?

ps: congrats on the light win! waycool

7 Likes

I had a feeling you were gonna win that light. I was actually going to post it but I didn’t want to jinx it. Either way, they definitely picked (or randomly selected) the right guy to showcase their product :100: Hell yea dude

7 Likes

It’s looking good so far. I haven’t seen any more thrips but I’m keeping up the Spinosad and alternating citric acid for the next 2 weeks. Glad to hear your winning the war in your garden.

5 Likes

and you in yours!

grassgrow

7 Likes

IMG_6857

Happy Easter to you and the fam brother :pray:t3: hope you Guys have an amazing day together. And I look forward to the year ahead, I truly do. Thanks for your friendship and all you do , much respect :facepunch:t2:

6 Likes