Fishdudes outdoor to indoor grow, aka a whole host of bad decisions

if you have “free” water to waste, you can hose down and saturate the ground around the plants but enough to not be soggy at night…

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

if money is low look at dr earth organic nutes. blood meal for nitrogen.and bone meal.

1 Like

Fishdude…

You do have 2, 300 watt lights running correct?>>Only in the cool months I would assume…
I use the cheap LED’s shop lights running 24/7…A fan, Lil AC and it keeps the temp down in THESE hot months.

I started with 2!!..If you are using that power to run 600 watts,…My method has been working for MANY years for me…

I keep ALL under 24/7 light. My BEST crop is>>>SPRING:grin:…Absolutely no pest!!..Everything is done by Mid may…
I then start putting them back out after SOLSTICE mid june/aug…Point is; No matter what I put outside its all done in 60-80 days…I had to adapt back in the day to cut down on hunters,thieves and pest!!! I call it Hit and Git!..

I can do up to 6 full outdoor harvest in one year!! Of course with the help of indoor LEDs… Im thinking this method can work for you as well…If you put A full mature plant out that has been raised under 24/7 light right after solstice,it will flower and be DONE by sep so your fir trees should not effect?

Anyway…Good luck…

1 Like

Thank you.
It sounds like an organic fertilizer.
Now, I’m confused about this. I have been using chlorinated water and miracle grow, so I imagine there is no microbial action.
It seems to me that without microbial action, the organic amendments wouldn’t work.

If they do work, I am able to switch to dechlorinated water, and I can brew up all sorts of teas. I think I have every amendment known to man in my garage somewhere

1 Like

Definitely use dechlorinated water if possible, but I use VERY hard, alkaline, chlorinated water and my veggies and cannabis seem to love all the organic amendments in my soil. There’s a ton of earthworms in my pots too, which is always a good sign.

2 Likes

you or correct very little to no microbial action. do you let chlorinated water sit for a few days to off gas clorine in water? do not use mg it has salts in it kills the microbial organisum. you can make a tea with good water and foilar spray them. not when sun is shineing hot will burn leaves.

Everybody is doing alright, with one exception

2 Likes

Doing well! If they start stretching in a week or two, that is just fine with me

Panama lime super auto is cruising. I’m really enjoying this plant

5 Likes

Been a while since I have been here or updated. The girls are doing great! Thanks for giving me some confidence:)

5 Likes

Here is my conundrum:

The weather is about to get cooler and wetter. I am preparing to bring the girls inside soon, but I don’t know how the best way to transition them. I would love any help:)

The more developed plant is Panama lime super auto by Flash seeds. She is staying outside for better or worse. She is fattening right now, I just hope she can finish very, very soon.

Ooh, here is a better picture. It was a week ago, so they have stretched more since

6 Likes

heh. if you’d said they’re all one strain I wouldn’t know the difference. :smile:
(really similar for all being different)

what kind of transition will it be…i.e. type of light/spectrum/strength, temperature, & RH% change, etc.?

the idea is to minimize the shock, overall, so move them when the outside temp is as close to what it will be inside?

(i haven’t moved from outside to inside myself).

:v:

2 Likes

It has been in the eighties, very low humidity, and very bright.
Now we have hit the second week of September, so we immediately are switching to 60’s and sodden.

Like clockwork, every year.

We keep our windows open this time of year, so I expect the conditions in the house will be excellent. I’m throwing them under 2 MarsHydro 300w.

4 Likes

Time for an infrequent update:

In a nutshell, my Panama lime was supposed to finish outside, but is now taking up a bunch of tent space and 2 plants are being left out in the cold.

The good news is that the Panama Lime has sprung back up to life under the lights. I think the sunlight had become insufficient.

Also very cool is that my plants in the 2 gallon containers grew larger than I expected, so that feels rewarding:)

The really bad news is the thrips

2 Likes

I had good luck with Spinosad for thrips. Also Neem + Pyrethrin in veg. FYI Spinosad is currently controversial so do your homework. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, I’m just looking into remedies now.
Looks like plenty of people use spinosad until right before harvest. I’m totally fine with it then, as I’m hoping this doesn’t become routine.
Did you use a spray bottle or soil drench?

2 Likes

Spray, monterey brand. I recently got something else for aphids & mites that instructs to use distilled or RO water because the PPMs in tap water bond to the essential oils & neutralize them.

I do dechlorinate & use brita filtered water for the others though.

:evergreen_tree: It actually smells kinda nice, imo

2 Likes

Thanks, will do.

In case I have to dilute anything, I luckily have an RODI. It has seen better days though…

2 Likes

Looks like the Monterey ready to use spinosad spray also contains potassium salts of fatty acids. A little research says that is simply a type of insecticidal soap. Does that mean I will have to wash it off?

1 Like

really? :confused: i should check mine out. :blush:
i hope i wasn’t using that in flower. yikes.

Seems like it is similar to a spray I routinely use to hose down my broccoli and kale. Totally safe. Just wondering if it leaves a soapy after taste :rofl:

1 Like