Fisher price my first grow ⛺ tent

3 Likes

Hopefully today I will have a update with 72 hours under the hlg600rs! Hope to find lots of healthy babies.

2 Likes

6 Likes

72 hours under the hlg 600rs and my roots are strong! My calcium deficiency seems to have taken care of itself and my babies are on their 2nd and 3rd tiers already! Soooooo excited!!!

3 Likes

after first transplant and light trim

6 Likes

4 Likes

Added the powderized crab shell and dry bay grass to my super soil!!!

2 Likes

I was thinking kelp at first glance, just because it would make sense as it’s what most people would collect. Please share the benefits you have found from the bay grass. *Interested *

2 Likes

I haven’t made up my crab shell amendment yet :weary:! Its all I think about . But I’d like to purchase a similar product that triggers the sar affect :thinking:. I’m going to need some kind of control for this experiment. I wanna use this new cake and chem pack to test it. As I am popping them tonight and in 2 days they should be ready to go in the solo. It was a 10 pack so ill keep 4 normal with just a regular program. Then two with the store bought chitosin supplement aka chitin be nice to include both the insect based and the shellfish based products side by side :grinning: . And 2 with crab shell soil and a regular diet. Then the final 2 will be in crab shell manually added soil. Along with weekly treatment of my crab meal plan :yum:.!!! I wanna use the same strain obviously and see if it is worth going down that rabbit hole , for everyone’s benefit. Or just buying the stuff from Neptune’s or whatever 🤷. I just know I could pump out at least 2000-3000 gallons of straight up crab shell sluffs out of our peeler talks and start a small side hustle. I have gotten great results from simply adding the shell ,broken down , into my soil base for my solo cups! I feel like when it makes the plant believe its being attacked by bugs ,sars affect . The plant will produce thicker cell walls, more glucose, and overall vigor of the young plants. Preparing them for a hardened life that may not even be around the corner. Its like doing steroids , getting all pumped up before court, and then you end up beating the charges! Now your chest is poking out and you are ready to take on anything!!! Feeling bulletproof. That how I want my plants to feel. Like big tough :muscle: :womens: :woman: ladies

2 Likes

The coolest part about that side hustle is that you seem really passionate about it. Go for it!!!

That stuff is expensive. I put it in all my supersoil.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Any experience with lobster compost? Coast of Maine makes it and they’re a local company here.

3 Likes

No, but I would guess it’s about the same thing as crab meal. Their shells have to be made of mostly the same stuff right?

2 Likes

I haven’t made it up that far north yet. From what I’ve read . It seems to be simple. A 5 parts vinegar for every 1 gallon of dry shell. I’d like to do a experiment bug shell chitin vs crab shell chitosin. They both trigger the sar affect.

2 Likes

Yes, the shell would be basically the same material, but they hot compost it with a carbon source. While crab shell meal is just ground up shell right? How much do you use?
Speaking of bug chitin, I work in a pet store and I tend to clean out nearly 1/2 gallon of dead crickets and their poop a week. Would I compost it or just dry and grind up to add directly to soil.

3 Likes

I’ve alays wanted to try the lobster compost but can’t get it here without costly shipping. Clackamass Coots suggested it in some of his living soil threads.

I would either run the bug chitin through my worm bin (my answer to everything) or use it directly yes. I believe that’s what they sell as incect frass.

4 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

I need a crash course in trimming and training my plants!

2 Likes

Search the forums. There is a ton of info.

2 Likes