Fisher price my first grow ⛺ tent

I am using the idea now. Makes it a lot easier too. Appreciate you sharing it.

2 Likes

Ok, must of been one of the nights with mendos, maybe Jameson’s too… but I didn’t think I came up with that on my own lol.
I think is saw that kit too, I was just going to stick pvc pipe with elbows to expand out a bit and help bring it up. Of course know me, I’ll have to get a pipe cutter for the precision cuts to make everything even for my ocd.

5 Likes

6 Likes

the fever :face_with_thermometer: is real its a itch i can’t SCRATCH!!!

2 Likes

I tied down a bunch of plants that were built too bushy and needed to open up. I lost all my worms while dealing with my fungus gnats but they are under control! New light up in the old 4x4 ! You guessed it hlg600rs gor a silly little tent! Well it did right by me so far so why not get another. I can always ceiling mount later the 2 red spec and make a big ass flower room . Then get the blue spec! But I got lots of good stuff for the flower cycle. Can’t wait to show everyone my new soil for my next round!!!

3 Likes

time to flip i think!

2 Likes

I am interested to see your next soil as well. Will it have the lobster compost in it also?

Its pretty cool, we are both getting fired up!

3 Likes

I am worried that the crab shells may have caused the fungus gnats. But with a weekly Ipm, preventative maintenance, and the mosquito bits i think I will still use them . You learn so much on your first grow i swear.

2 Likes

I’m not sure. I have used crab meal in all my soil, and many others do as well. Surely something else caused them. I think some people just have issues with those. It may be the area in which you live, had a bunch of them already. Keep the treatment up and you should be fine. I just like to use whatever is cheap or free and locally available. That is one reason I use rabbit pellets in my soil. That and they are really good for the soil :wink:

You do learn alot from your first grow. My first grow led me to the first OG. Be safe buddy.

1 Like

I’ve had issues with my venture back into growing ther I never had to deal with in the 5 years I grew before! In the past, spider mites were definitely a problem, but I never even heard of thrips until this summer, then reading that powdery mildew is a thing with marijuana now. Also, in the past, I never had the fungus gnat problem that I’ve been dealing with since summer.

3 Likes

During my first gorilla grow, I had to deal with keeping deer out of my plants. I had a few grasshoppers visit, but no other pests. It was a bit tougher this year for sure.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that brother. I wish for a plentiful harvest for you .

I’d be happy to send you some crab shell for you . I have enough for this winter. I would be able to get all a man could need during season

2 Likes

I would agree with the location vs. pest theory I’m here in my closet in upstate NY and although being in a prohibition state sucks the one plus is I have never had a single issue with any thrips gnats or mites no spider no russet no nothing keeping my fingers crossed I’m sure the day will come when that will change

ps the binder clips and green wire for the win I think I got 100 for 5 bucks they work great

1 Like

Now I’m wondering when is the point to release the ties, and need to switch to those bamboo poles for supports lol. The tie wire I used were rather slick, so since I just wrapped it around the branch a few times, it ended up sliding and loosening. most of my branches ended up pulling themselves back up until I realized I needed to twist the wire back on itself, not just wrap it a few times around the branch. Also going to start using some sort of cushioning on the contact point, keeps it from digging into the plant. I’m thinking a section of airline tubing.

2 Likes

A piece of tubing slipped over the tie will work fine bro.
Need to see a pic of the plant to determine when to release.

1 Like

Yea, I figured when the wire starts showing some slack or they are spreading out on their own lol. But I need to actually get some support sticks lol. Each one of the colas on my bigger plants are about as big as the whole plants I use to grow in my mini SOG lol.

2 Likes

I know how to solve the deer problem a crossbow

1 Like

I was expecting much less based on the title. These all look like pro grows to me.lol This is my starter veg box, my 2×4 tent should show up today. The box is reflective lined and has worked fine for the first 3 weeks.

8 Likes

That’s a really awesome starter set up. Before my 2x4 came in, I had clones and seedling under some t5’s, open. Stick around and ask questions, and your grow will look pro soon as well. Most of these folks know what they are doing.

3 Likes