Flood and drain design

Mornings all. Looking for some way of working out pot to res size ratio please. Basically at the minute am using a 50litre res with 4x10litre pots. Clay pebbles is media. Now am looking to upgrade to 17litre pots. But am kinda unsure as to the res size needed. And Could I possibly get away with using current res. Cheers guys and ladies.

I’d get a bigger reservoir if you can. More water, more stable parameters. Ratio isn’t super important; if the pots are small increase flood frequency.

2 Likes

I guess it is possible to use this res if you are flooding the pots individually and not on a big flood table. While increasing the size is better for easier control, when you flood, you don’t flood all the way up and besides there is the medium taking some volume. You would need to change more often. Consider bringing a second 50liter and hooking them together if that’s cheaper. You could always do that after you had started them in bigger pots anyway. Don’t you just love flood and drain… my system of choice hands down :slight_smile: cheers

2 Likes