Florida Ditch Weed?

That mall even had a grow setup in the roof, they got busted for it.
Sorry it was the mall just down the street

4 Likes

@Pigeonman I’ve got some property 10 miles east of Key West for sale to go with that ditch weed. :fishing_pole_and_fish:

Reggie, Pipeline… Whatever you wanna call it is trash.
If your looking for holy grails in bag seed it’s more like that from my 3 decades in South and Central FL.

As @boatbum325 stated people don’t talk about weed in causal conversations. Why I left.

4 Likes

Sugarloaf? Got a few good friends down that way.

7 Likes

I got some info!!!

Location collected: Lower Keys

From the grower:

“I have grown it outdoor organic for ten years here… was a number of different plants ten years ago… about six it all started to be one plant. At this point it is definately a stand alone strain.”

8 Likes

If it came from big pine 10yrs ago I could possibly find out. Lol. Buddy who used to be the main guy down there moved back to Oklahoma a few years back. Lives and grows next to Toby Keith’s grow now in OK.

4 Likes

So the grower that provided the seeds 10 years ago went by “Pony”.

:+1:

3 Likes

KEYS huh just found out an old friend of mine from maine has a house on the water somewhere down there and a nice offshore racing boat to boot him and his twin bro did real well for themselves they created all kinds of vechicles for the military and first responders . $50-60 million when the sold their company all befor they were 40 or so…i say good for them. to bad i didnt throw in with them in the arly days of their company :thinking: :joy:

5 Likes

Okay I finally got some pictures!!!

These are how they grow in Southern Ontario.

24 Likes

Got to go to The Caribbean Club ! Man I miss Key Largo. Same day every day. The land of “Il do it tomorrow” except tomorrow never comes. Yes the keys are absolutely covered in people. No space for anything to grow wild there for long.

3 Likes

Went to lunch a few weeks ago and who was sitting next to us. Jimmy Johnson. Haha
And not at his restaurant!

3 Likes

I was a park ranger at Pennekamp in 1976. Key Largo was great and Islamorada was better. Way up in the panhandle now.

5 Likes

Well here’s to finding out up close and personal!

:v:

19 Likes

Was Windley key in islamorada a park back then?
Pennecamp now owns Dagny Johnson, which was going to be port bougainvillea right at the start of card sound.
Did you ever get to see the Nike missiles during the Cuban missile crisis. The platforms are still on card sound for the radars, I climbed up there a few years back

From the top!

9 Likes

Windley Key was not a park when I was there. There were a lot of planned developments proposed on N. Key Largo that was eventually halted in favor of conservation. Port Bougainvillea was one.

I grew up in Homestead after my parents moved from Miami after my grandfather died in 1960. During the Cuban Missile Crisis we watched convoys of Hawk Missile launchers and troop transports rolling past our front door. We would wave to the soldiers and airmen and some of the guys would toss their Marksman Badges to us. In high school my friends and I cruised Card Sound Road many times looking for fishing spots and checking out the Nike sites.

Thanks for the memories.

7 Likes

More info from my buddy!

“the FDW comes from LaBelle, the seeds are a mixed bag from the 90s and have been isolated. His guess is some from mexican brick, some from other sources.”

So it seems my buddy sourced these in LaBelle from the grower there who got them from the lower keys.

Now what’s killing me is that though is that LaBelle is less that 20 miles from a home in Lehigh Acres that I spent a good chunk of my childhood!!!

TALKING ABOUT FULL CIRCLE!

Bonus seeds update, they want to live as I checking this AM in the float there are 3 with tails and 2 waiting to pop them. :grin:

12 Likes

Got good friends who basically run moore haven. Got parks named after them even. Huge alligator farms. Lehigh acres, wow that’s a horrible area now. Really bad. Meth central.

4 Likes

I can tell by google maps…

When i was there most of it was still scrubland!

1 Like

@Pigeonman

I am very interested in this line. I was going to guess it was mostly Mexican and perhaps a bit of Jamaican. That is what most of the weed down there was in the past few decades, and those super thin leaves show brickweed ancestry.

Are you reproducing it or just playing around with it?

2 Likes

RIght now I’m playin’. It’s my buddies work over 10 years and I’m not in the position to do a reproduction until I get his permission. (gentleman’s agreement).

I’ll grow the females from these 5 outdoors and see what happens so I can plan the run indoors. I’ll prob take clones of the outside examples and then pop moar seeds for the winter run.

In the 10 years he’s never run them indoors and is very curious what’ll happen, and especially with my gardening OCD.

He also tells me that he and another buddy split the seeds 10 years ago; he grew them in Ajax and his buddy Toronto… 10 years later his has cross pollenated into something different but solid; while his buddies got nailed by shit t.dot pollen so many times it smokes like hay now. The winds in my hood + elevation and distance from the core of Toronto makes my garden a perfect little spot for minimal fuckery.

So he jokes that he’s glad I have his beans versus his buddy.

With his blessings I’ll reproduce them but after I flower them hard indoors under the Mars Hydro FC-6500 false-sun in my 4x4.

4 Likes