Freaker’s Ball Preservation Project 2021: Arakku Valley

Indian plants really do have a look about them. I can spot them quite easily now. Beautiful plants @Donnie. Looking healthy!

6 Likes

The plants that were in the 1 gallon pots should start a growth spurt pretty soon from being repotted to 5 gallon pots

3 Likes

I’d say they will, lol. Wait til they hit the flowering stretch. Those arms are going to go wiiiide! Octopus style.

5 Likes

Love it can’t wait . Now what I am concerned about is from @DougDawson post yesterday on the ppp seeds he made , using 3 females that he kept small and now he’s swimming in seeds . So I may have made a mistake and have over done it . We will see .

I also have some training clips I may put on some branches to help save canopy space from the stretch also

5 Likes

Yeah, 10K surplus… that’s ‘hold my beer’ territory :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Ill definitely be weighing them if its like that lol

5 Likes

I’d say 10K beans would count as a successful preservation!

2 Likes

Id say so as well

Better build yourself a bean sorter, just in case.

1 Like

Any tips or ideas , im open to ideas for sure

2 Likes

Right now in a 5 gallon pot the biggest plant is a little taller than me im 5’8"

2 Likes

I know a couple of guys who built this style and they were pretty happy with the results. It uses a shopvac to create the vacuum.

6 Likes

I been using cheese cloth lately and it works pretty good.
I just let the buds get crumbly dry and crumble into a big bowl.
Shake the bowl around until the seeds separate to the bottom and the plant matter sits on top. I just take all the plant matter out by hand and there’s mostly seeds with a dust left at the bottom. Then I take the cheese cloth and fold it over a bunch of times and squeeze and wiggle the seeds through the holes in the cloth all the plant dust sticks to the cheese cloth and seeds are in the bowl.
There’s a little green left in with the seeds but not much.

7 Likes

18 Likes

These are going be Ten Feet Tall. I hope you have some serious head height. You may want to consider a serious trim job prior to the start of flowering. Or…let them get huge! I’d love to see how they produce when big! Very nice.

4 Likes

I’m preparing for having to tie the down , definitely will be a fun experience. I’m just nervous about the m/f ratio .

4 Likes

You’ll get a male. Just need one. More is nice though.
When you tie these down, the plants will get wide. Tropical Indian varieties are unique in this regard. Excellent branch development. Two plants I had last fall were only about 3 ft tall but 8 feet wide together side by side. For proper seed formation and production it’s best that all branches with seeds get good light. Better to have less seeds that fully form than lots of seeds that won’t. I had it happen with Panama. Too many seeds, not enough light/ energy to develop all of them.

7 Likes

Hopefully I won’t have any of those issues

3 Likes

Well crud looks likeni missed getting a pic of one of the plants . O well ill update again in a couple days

16 Likes

Here a little while back I mentioned 2 plants that seem to be growing differently than the others. So today I remembered to take a pic of them a little more closely . They are showing redish purple coloring on the stalk and leaf stems. Hopefully these pics are clear enough to see. None of the other plants are doing this.

16 Likes