Freaker’s Ball Preservation Project 2021: Arakku Valley

Looks like the incubator is working , we have a few starting to pop.

16 Likes

Damn, got stuck at work late and didn’t get here earlier. Looks like a full house. Looking forward to seeing this run.

5 Likes

Hmm. I also have an egg incubator. Intriguing.

3 Likes

We keep the house too cool to set the seeds somewhere , so since I’m hatching I thought hmm it stays warm in there temp stay steady and the inside of the Tupper ware should be a smidge cooler but have higher humidity . I spoke with @upstate about the idea and so here we are less than 48 hours , they started popping yesterday I just waited til now to take pics and post them .

6 Likes

Hell yeah! So happy to hear that! I might be running out and getting one of those incubators myself. This could be a game-changer. Excellent idea you had to use that. Awesome! Can’t wait to see those Arakku Valley! Cocogenes is going to be stoked😁

2 Likes

Yea pretty stoked they are popping so quick doing it like this .

2 Likes

@Upstate wonder if I could cut some dirt from my beds with promix so I can put it in a cup and put a small cup with some of the kalga pavarti Valley into germ I can set my temp to whatever I want on mine.

1 Like

I think that would be a good idea. Maybe put a piece of cellophane or something over the cup? Just to keep the top of the soil from drying out? I sent those seeds out Saturday, and the mail lady insisted it would be there by Wednesday without doing next day mail or anything like that. Fingers crossed she was right. Hopefully two more days it will be there. I sent close to 90 seeds, so I hope you get something to germinate. Three different vials. One from the first container I got, one from the second container I got, and one with a mix from the two containers. I did that so we could know which container germinates best if there is a difference… and then I forgot to pay attention which container I took them out of when I was putting the seeds into the vials . LOL… what a jackass I am sometimes​:sweat_smile::rofl:

7 Likes

Do you know the temperature that the incubator holds steady? Thanks!

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

1 Like

Default temp for hatching chicken eggs I believe is 99.5 f

1 Like

I have mine set at 100.5 since i have eggs incubating , it holds within a half a degree , what I’ve done is I put the Tupper ware containers in at night , and I take them out in the day time and wrap the containers in a towel and put them in a drawer , that way there is some temp variations for night and day . Waiting for this seed mat to come in .

3 Likes

Next round im.going to use a bigger Tupper ware dish so I can put a hygrometer in it to see what the inside of the Tupper ware temp reads .

3 Likes

Update moving 1 on to some soil

13 Likes

That baby want to grow!
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

The 5 small seeds don’t seem to be doing anything yet but I’ll give them more time .

7 Likes

100 degrees is pretty warm. I was told the proper temperature went through these Tropicals, but I can’t remember. Definitely wasn’t over 95 . I don’t think I would go over 90 degrees… maybe once they crack open get them out of there and into soil in your grow room… Looks like you better try cracking the rest of the seeds. More of them could pop open, but probably not many more.

1 Like

I read somewhere that 85 degrees F was ideal for poppin’. That’s the lowest setting on my heat mat.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too. 85°. Although somebody did tell me that to get these tropical types to pop, a little warmer is better. 100 degrees seems a bit High , but I’m sure the seeds get that warm in their local climate. I was talking with a guy about this a while back, and I’m going to look up what he said right now. To be continued… I just checked and the messages we had together have been erased for some reason. Is there anyway to retrieve Instagram messages?

2 Likes

The incubator is running at 100.5 , but the inside of the Tupper ware dishes isn’t the same temp they are cooler, not sure exactly how much cooler since a hygrometer wI’ll not fit inside the small Tupper ware dishes. 5 / 10 arakku valley ( only the small seeds haven’t done anything ) , 3/3 c99x, and 2/3 maui wowie have all popped . I’m not saying this is a new correct way of doing it , but it’s how I did it to keep within the moon cycle . Once the seedling mat arrives I’ll be using it for germination since it’s temp ranges 70 to 85 . Our house is kept too cool for germinating elsewhere.

2 Likes

Moved the sprouted seeds to soil, and took a nail file and scraped the seams of the 5 small arakku valley seeds to see if that helps them any .

2 Likes