Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

I can’t WAIT to be here for 6 months so I can get in on helping preserve Landraces! So glad I stumbled across this site in my quest for Mexican Landrace Genetics!!

3 Likes

Hey @HumblePie420! Welcome to OG!!

I’d like to suggest you check out the Seed Run Co-Ops. Doing a seed run for the community is an excellent way to introduce yourself to everyone, and to show us what you got. :grinning:

There are gonna be changes to the FBSC next year, and having a Co-Op run under your belt will be an important component of FBSC membership.

More to come…
:guitar:

14 Likes

Interesting. Does it qualify if the seed run is in the private lounge? I used to post more and am thinking of posting more again. Its a little dusty in there but i would enjoy the company.

5 Likes

Hey all! Glad to have found this thread finally, try n contribute to it heavily over the next year or two!

Just put my two Alaskan (Matanuska) Thunder Fuck from the incredible @misterbee from the cup of water over night into paper towels to try the eliteXelite that arrived in the mail yesterday on.

Let’s hope and pray I don’t fuck this up so everyone has some legit ATF straight from the valley!

Figuring I’ll do all my seed runs in 1 gallon pots so I get a decent yield of seeds while not having to veg forever

8 Likes

I’m afraid I may be too late to OG to qualify for this but I hope not. I understand that I will first need to do a seed run on a strain assigned to me correct? A desired outcome is in the neighborhood of 1k seeds? I have room but will need to reconfigure. I have just found this thread and my head is still spinning. lol

4 Likes

I’d like to suggest that you do a seed run for the Co-Op this year. When that run is completed, you’ll be awarded the “Overgrower” badge, and starting in 2022, only members with that badge are eligible to join the Freaker’s Ball.

If you have a landrace/heirloom, a rare, or discontinued breeder strain, an old black market strain, or a foundation strain like NL, you can run your own strain. If you don’t have any that meet the criteria, you can check this thread: Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups for Preserving, and see if there’s one listed there.

We’d love to have you join us next year man, so get poppin. :grinning:
:guitar:

19 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread

A post was merged into an existing topic: Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread

Maybe the rest of this year and next years freakers ball can have a (side) focus on preserving Afghan strains? I copped a bunch from DurandLine and they said their most recent drop would likely be their last for a long time depending on how the Taliban act. I’m sure I’m not the only one with some Afghani, would be nice to see people show out

11 Likes

@mods @toastyjakes @Northern_Loki
could you please copy or move these posts into the co-op logistics thread for us to continue this discussion with the community?

https://overgrow.com/t/freakin-with-the-freakers-ball-seed-collective/42470/991?u=zephyr
https://overgrow.com/t/freakin-with-the-freakers-ball-seed-collective/42470/992?u=zephyr
https://overgrow.com/t/freakin-with-the-freakers-ball-seed-collective/42470/993?u=zephyr
https://overgrow.com/t/freakin-with-the-freakers-ball-seed-collective/42470/994?u=zephyr
https://overgrow.com/t/freakin-with-the-freakers-ball-seed-collective/42470/996?u=zephyr

into this thread:

To many splits.

1 Like

So I read the rules, but not sure if I fit the criteria @Guitarzan all I can say for sure is that I haven’t received an invitation.

Ignoring that fact, I may have some thing from snowhigh to donate. Or perhaps, something I could grow to earn my spot in FBSC — Fujian hemp (alternatively, Slovakia hemp too). Although it would probably be a month or two before I can get to them myself. Just putting this out there in case somebody else is just as interested in these seeds as me.

12 Likes

@Chronickyle !
I heard you are growing some kalga landrace. I have some I want to run next run. What do you think of them bro?

2 Likes

i think they wont germinate no matter what, another 27 into this batch of seeds and nadda

2 Likes

Dang. @Chronickyle Did you try the sandpaper tube to thin the seed casings ?

3 Likes

cracked a few, sanded a few, put some in castings, some just the way i normally do.

running low on ideas

6 Likes

You are not the only one that has been stumped with this one. Maybe they are dead seeds. Or perhaps they literally have to have some of their native soil microbes to Aid germination. What a shame. I was hoping for some good luck with these.
It’s a long shot but I thought of a little twist on the 24-hour soak. Why not put the seeds inside some screen balled up or perhaps one of those stainless steel tea strainers and put it right in bubbling compost tea for a day. I’ve been thinking about ways to help tough to germinate seeds and I keep coming back to this idea.

5 Likes

@Upstate i can deffinetly give it a go, how about a worm casting tea or fish shit or something? i dont have compost laying around that i could bring inside due to bugs and nights are to cold now to do it outdoors.

4 Likes