Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

I don’t really know it had a dollar sign behind it. Plus he uses a carrier but either way that’s a lot of money

3 Likes

That is a lot of money. I wonder if the couriers is taking advantage of indian knowing were the parcels are going. I know some people over there, il look into if we can find a another cheeper but reliable company with a longstanding good reputation. Do you known what company was used for the $160 dollar post.

2 Likes

I got 15 each of the Ukhrul Manipur, Meghalaya, Assam, and Idukki Gold, and one pack each of the Trimbak, Bhadra, Revadi, and Gadchi.
:drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face:
:guitar:

8 Likes

Maruf Kandahar Red Selection Standard who wants to go in on a pack of this roadkill Afghani I can’t grow at the moment but I would love to put some money in on a pack for some one to do a seed increase and spread it around
I also can’t order them so money in a pool it is then right? I like them all really especially the pine ones argandab2 and dashti but this red kandahar is tops its that roadkill folks no joke

I’m thinking I will have to just do it myself nothing has come through for me here yet i don’t like to pester anyone you know?

2 Likes

Cool, looking forward to your journal.

1 Like

Theres a pack of mexican death sativa Bodhi at breeders direct online when i looked yesterday. Apparently it wont show up in the cart so false alarm

This is definitely noble and challenging work. In the last 24-36 months, I’ve grown several outdoor landraces and heirlooms indoors, and have experienced several intersex issues.

It is very disappointing to run a plant to 3-5 weeks into flower, and have it show intersex!

What keeps me going it thinking about the pioneers that must have gone through the same thing as they worked an outdoor line into a stable indoor strain.

I am hooked on running these landraces now though! I had to take a break with a normal run of modern short flowering strains which has been nice but I am already looking forward to my next landrace!

13 Likes

No doubt a lot of work has been done before us. And a lot of work has yet to be done. It’s important that every generation gets the same chances at breeding that the previous generation got, and that means keeping the landraces around. Not only that but it’s fun to grow something so different from what we are used to growing.

7 Likes

Hermies are gonna be a bummer, I usually don’t have enough patience to deal with them.
Understandable when you have something that ya know will have hermies and try to work them out of it but that can take years, believe me.
I must be up for it , I ordered the same genre.
Can’t believe I getting more patient as I get older .

8 Likes

Lol. Me too somehow. At least when it comes to plants. Growing plants for weeks or even months and then finding out they’re hermaphrodite has to be heartbreaking. Especially if you only have a couple plants to begin with. I suppose its bound to happen if you grow enough unworked plants.

9 Likes

sent you a DM for a possible 1975 Afghani preservation. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Mikey likey

3 Likes

I’ll chip in for that RKS Upstate!

1 Like

I can’t WAIT to be here for 6 months so I can get in on helping preserve Landraces! So glad I stumbled across this site in my quest for Mexican Landrace Genetics!!

3 Likes

Hey @HumblePie420! Welcome to OG!!

I’d like to suggest you check out the Seed Run Co-Ops. Doing a seed run for the community is an excellent way to introduce yourself to everyone, and to show us what you got. :grinning:

There are gonna be changes to the FBSC next year, and having a Co-Op run under your belt will be an important component of FBSC membership.

More to come…

14 Likes

Interesting. Does it qualify if the seed run is in the private lounge? I used to post more and am thinking of posting more again. Its a little dusty in there but i would enjoy the company.

5 Likes

Hey all! Glad to have found this thread finally, try n contribute to it heavily over the next year or two!

Just put my two Alaskan (Matanuska) Thunder Fuck from the incredible @misterbee from the cup of water over night into paper towels to try the eliteXelite that arrived in the mail yesterday on.

Let’s hope and pray I don’t fuck this up so everyone has some legit ATF straight from the valley!

Figuring I’ll do all my seed runs in 1 gallon pots so I get a decent yield of seeds while not having to veg forever

8 Likes

I’m afraid I may be too late to OG to qualify for this but I hope not. I understand that I will first need to do a seed run on a strain assigned to me correct? A desired outcome is in the neighborhood of 1k seeds? I have room but will need to reconfigure. I have just found this thread and my head is still spinning. lol

4 Likes

I’d like to suggest that you do a seed run for the Co-Op this year. When that run is completed, you’ll be awarded the “Overgrower” badge, and starting in 2022, only members with that badge are eligible to join the Freaker’s Ball.

If you have a landrace/heirloom, a rare, or discontinued breeder strain, an old black market strain, or a foundation strain like NL, you can run your own strain. If you don’t have any that meet the criteria, you can check this thread: Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups for Preserving, and see if there’s one listed there.

We’d love to have you join us next year man, so get poppin. :grinning:

19 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread