Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

Personally I just wanted to know how the “dispersing”, “making available”, part was going to happen. Sounds more like “sale of” to me. Which is fine but not what I thought was being said. If it was said then my apologies for not paying close enough attention.
I’m not trying to bash, im not upset, just trying to understand the process.
I won’t have another thing to say about this whole process and keep my opinion to myself.

5 Likes

Yes it’s kinda disheartening reading some comments. I was planning a blue velvet seed run soon for the community even though people assume we only do things for the freaks and if we do. That’s our business, I don’t get it.

I understand completely when someone who has done a seed run for the site gets annoyed though as they have given so much to the site already and I would be totally okay with giving those people seeds who have done seed Co ops seeds right away. But people who have not shouldn’t be complaining. If people follow along my journal and want seeds because they are interested I would glady share from my own share.

9 Likes

Thats the way i think about it… Idk i was planning on doing one for some cherry pie x with left hands major indica pollen but im thinking i might just keep and work em instead

5 Likes

Between the 2 of us alone we were both planning on doing seed runs for the site and our freak obligations and I’m sure we are not the only ones.

This is what I was trying to tell others. We may be freaks but that doesn’t mean we’re not going to do other things for the site. How many people even do 1 seed run a year for the site? I wouldn’t think many as I don’t see that overgrower badge everywhere.

7 Likes

Dude for real… I keep seeing how co ops will die off becuase the freaks but their reaction is wont is pushing me away… Like a self realizing prophecy… Fml i guess i gotta do a “legit” seed run for them just to prove em wrong. FUCK. :joy: you down?

7 Likes

Honestly old me would have said fudge em for feeling they deserve something for nothing (except people who did runs or follow along).

But the new OG inspired Chronickyle is real down for that! But I’m putting in the writeup that I’m part of the freaks and still doing this lol.

I’m not ready yet to host my blue velvet grow yet but I’m getting closer each day.

Hopefully other freaks will join us on this monumental coop movement to show the site the true power and giving nature of the freaks.

Freaker power activate! (freakers ball starts playing in background)

Edited to make more sense.

7 Likes

The origin and history of cannabis i learn in this thread keeps me coming back. Ive been on here long enough to know that a disagreement was coming.
How you all react and settle it is up to you but you may lose some future freaks if it goes to pm

4 Likes

I obviously missed the nonsense . Can someone point me in the direction of what is being talked about here now ?

6 Likes

I missed it too. Personally, I support any decision that a freak makes. These are the individuals who are putting in the time and effort etc. I do not feel comfortable to do a run myself even though I may want to in my heart. At this point I am quite content to look to scraps from the freaker table. I applaud the effort that the freakers are making, and I share their goals of preservation. A noble quest indeed.

7 Likes

First, @Chronickyle and @MimirKush, that’s not the Freaker attitude. :slight_smile: I’ve got seeds for doing nothing on OG. That attitude of giving without getting is what I love most about OG, and it’s something the Freaks are gonna do.

I really hope you’ll reconsider that decision man, I truly do. You can’t let the opinions of a handful of people turn you away from doing something good for somebody else, that’s the path to total self fuckery man. IMO. :slight_smile: In my experience the Co-Ops are unique, and I love the whole idea.

I can’t tell you how or where to post your grow logs, but Freaker’s logs need to be public. No matter what some folks say, we’re part of OG, and we’re not gonna segment ourselves off from the community. We conduct FBSC business, and set up group buys via PM, but that’s all.

Nobody’s selling anything man. After every run, all the Freaks get a pack of seeds, the size depends on how many seeds the run produced. Next, we’ll open a signup thread, the number of slots will again depend on how many seeds there are. I expect that on the full open pollination runs there will easily be enough for 150 members. All remaining seeds will go to @Sebring to be distributed through his site.

Shit man, there’s no need for that. You just asked a question, it’s not like you wanted a kidney or called me a liar. It’s all good. :slight_smile:

Remember, Freaks have always been looked down on, we’re just gonna have to swim against the current for a bit. The membership poll closes this weekend. Then we’ll have an idea of how many runs we’re looking at this year, and people can start picking strains.

It’s coming together Freaks!! :crazy_face:
:guitar:

22 Likes

I wasnt talking about logs… just when i do seed runs outside the freaks to just do the distribution through pm… My next post i was saying i cant go that route because its just not right. That im going to try and do some co op runs just to show them that isnt what is happening.

7 Likes

Shit man, I completely missed those posts.

Fuck, I’m goin to bed. :yawning_face:
:guitar:

3 Likes

In true OG spirit… The collective representation of giving; without expections to the receivers. Its the best way to give back to the community… (while inspiring others to do the same)

"Overgrow The World"

15 Likes

Alright I signed up/voted on the thread, decided I’ll make sure to be a full freak and do at least one open pollination per year for the cause, might need some time before I can get the first one going though.

6 Likes

Thank you! Now I have a better understanding.
Which was the only thing I was trying to achieve…

8 Likes

I dont know about all of you, but I feel really good when I give seeds away. I feel like one of the “cool kids”. Thats one of the major benefits of being a freak. You get to be that guy passing out seeds to random people, often taking them by surprise at your generosity. Giving is infectious. My goal is to infect as many people as possible. Coop runs have 75 sign up slots, rarely filled entirely. Thats 750 seeds. We plan on 2000 minimum. If each of us gives away 40 seeds, thats close to the amount of a coop run. And still leaves everyone at least 60 seeds…which is a pretty good number…(.hopefully more)
Our aim is preservation. 10 seeds doesn’t cut the mustard. We need to have enough put away should anything happen to the landrace( extinction) or heirloom. There is nothing to feel guilty about. It needs to be done. For the plant. For mankind. Soon there will be many varieties floating around OG land that were not floating around before the Freakers and for that you should feel proud.
@Chronickyle I agree with what you said regarding the motivation behind joining. Thats why I insisted on people getting something for their efforts. I saw no other way. A nice landrace seed collection is a powerful motivator. I hope it works. This mission is bigger than all of us. God is smiling down upon our venture. Dont get discouraged. Smother them with kindness, the Freaker way.

26 Likes

As is the case with everything, actions speak louder than words. All of us need to show OG what the Freaker’s are about.

14 Likes

I just look forward to following and watching these runs of unique and rare landraces and heirlooms.

If I happen to get some seeds along the way, that will just be a nice bonus!

12 Likes

Hear hear, agreed!!!

9 Likes

Of course you guys will get seeds. Anyone that asks and many that don’t will get seeds. That’s the goal of The Freaker’s. Spread these genetics far and wide so they don’t disappear.

10 Likes