Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

Well send me something skunky as fuck and ill get them in the ground asap.
Cross them fingers. NO casualties of war.
Most people are to scared to come around now.
With a pump and an auto and One pitbull in the yard and another on the way.
Im hoping its all over, but you never know with those fucking tweakers. Its à shame.

8 Likes

I even have some thia i could donate, not rare but still pure.

6 Likes

I dont see why not.

11 Likes

Shit. I’m sorry man. I have a real bad habit of starting messages and not finishing them, and not checking my Drafts often enough. :slight_smile:

So, from 3 days ago…

Absolutely Canucks can play man. We need good growers who are willing to dedicate some of their time and resources to the FBSC, and there’s a bunch of y’all in the GWN. So, it’s all good 'eh. :upside_down_face:

If you decide to go with one of those Microclone kits, I’d recommend you get a bottle of Plant Preservative Mixture, or PPM as its known. It’s $30 for 30ml, and you use 1ml per liter.

It’s a heat tolerant bactericide/fungicide that was designed for plant tissue culture applications. You add it to your media before you run it through the pressure cooker. The end result is sterile media that has all the vitamins, minerals and hormones the plant needs, plus “baked-in” contamination resistance.

From today…

I’ve been toying with the idea of making up a batch of TC rooting media without the auxins, or the agar, moistening my seed starting soil with it, and running it through the pressure cooker.

Ordinarily it would be bad to kill all the bacteria in your soil, very bad, and you sure wouldn’t want to use it on anything but seedlings I think. But the soil would be infused(?) with all the nutrients the plant needs, and since PPM also has a fungicide in it, it should kill off any of the cooties that normally run wild without the bacteria to keep them in check.
:alembic: :petri_dish: :test_tube:

16 Likes

Thanks, that’s great!

…and thanks for the tip on the PPM, I will get that. :+1:

Thanx & Cheers
G

5 Likes

Sounds more like a science experiment, so awesome… How is the whole tissue culture compared to just cutting clones. I imagine it would take a bit longer to get it to root and kick off with growth? Curious since im running out of room in my mother tent and i really dont like culling good genetics completely

8 Likes

It’s a LOT more involved. It could take 90 days from initiation to a rooted TC plant. The thing about it is it revitalizes the cut like it was an F1. If you can get tissue to produce a callus, you can keep it alive indefinitely by moving it to fresh media every 60 days or so. Then it would be possible to have a “backup” copy of all your mothers in a fridge.

You’d still need to bring it to the rooting stage, which again can take 60-90 days. It’s really got potential for hard to clone plants, and if you were going to produce 50-60 thousand clones, it’s the only viable option.
:guitar:

12 Likes

That’s a lot of clones. So you would need to re root every 60 days? That sounds like it would be the mother you don’t really work with unless its a blue moon then. For i like the idea of it. But it definitely seems like more of a commercial application. Really cool though reminds me of my mycelium days when i would use a lil fungus and agar instead of spores.

6 Likes

No, you only root when you want to grow out a plant. A Callus is a mass of undifferentiated tissue, but if you give it the right hormones, it’ll start growing shoots. If you put the shoots on media with the right hormones, they’ll grow roots.

Let’s say you had a mother, and you had some callus from her in the fridge. A woodchuck gets loose in your mother room, and gnaws the stalk in half. You pull your callus out, grow some shoots, then root them and transfer them to soil. Now you have a brand-new mother plant that’s genetically identical to your old mom. But it’s like she’s been run through a DNA washing machine.

It’s very cool. Except for the roots, I can’t get those little bastards for anything. I’m about ready to kill a few more though. :laughing:

16 Likes

Ok that makes sense… Super cool. Keep it up till you got the right variables. You’ll get it

5 Likes

I fucked up and looked at the list. I told my self dont do it.
Ill run all of them thank you😁
1st lets start with
#1 palladium OG
#2 Colombian Gold preservation
#3 8 daze OG
#4 THE SKUNKIEST ONE YOU GOT
THAT OUGHT TO KEEP ME BUSY FOR A WHILE.
I can put one outside ( colobo g)and put another one inside ( palladium og) at the same time. Of course the gold will be a bit longer to finish

10 Likes

I put your name on those 3. I’m not sure what the skunkiest is. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thank you sir.

3 Likes

I have a hard enough time selecting what to pop next from my little jar in the fridge , this list has made it very , very difficult lol Man oh man what a list.
I hope to be able to do one of the killer sativas , the actual landraces next year . But this year I would be more then willing to do Gold Digger or Wintergreen OG.

7 Likes

Idk of i will be considered yet but i would really like to do a summer seed run or 2 indoors of either the Valkyrie or thors hammer or both if possible. I understand if not… precious commodity and all.

5 Likes

I put your name on both of those.

Actually, I nabbed the Thor’s Hammer. :grinning: If there’s a name in (italics) at the end of the listing, that strain has been assigned to that person. I did put you down for Valkyrie though. :+1::+1::+1:

8 Likes

Sweet i cant wait to help out in this wonderful venture.

8 Likes

I have a 96’ skunk from Dankest Africa, from Capetown…

7 Likes

I wanted to describe the way were getting seeds to people who have requested a strain from the strain list.

The format of the strain listings is:

Strain Name - Breeder - (Seed Holder) - (Assigned Grower) (if applicable)

If there’s a name in italics at the end of the listing, then that strain is taken.

West Cost Poison Diesel - SH - (Guitarzan) - (Kingmambo)

West Cost Poison Diesel has already been taken by @Kingmambo. There are no rules against negotiating a swap. Just be nice. :slight_smile:

When Kingmambo is ready to start seeds, he’ll send a message to the (Seed Holder), me in this case, and we’ll get everything lined out.

If there is no name in italics at the end of the listing, then that strain is available. To reserve a strain either post it in this thread, or send me a PM.

If you have questions about a strain, please post them here. Some of the landraces I’ve never heard of before. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone. :vulcan_salute:

21 Likes

Super excited to watch this project and I can’t wait to be able to hopefully contribute. This is going to be super exciting to follow!

7 Likes