Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

Tag me if you need help OG.

6 Likes

Yeah man, definitely some
old mother, you know tbh that and MM are a little like our equivalent of piff, not an exact plant so much as a type, hopefully that makes sense lol. It’s definitely an essence worth mining, refining; or simply preserving, after so many different plants it’s still some of my favorite smoke, it just took me a while to come back around to it.

I’ll have some freshly repo’d seed in a month or so, be only too happy to share to the community for further expansion.
@Upstate, you know man so far none of those Oaxaca here are doing the string of pearls thing in flower? Even the ones with super fine leaves and long nodes are forming calyx’s in cluster buds as per usual, I’m starting to wonder if it’s maybe a trait driven by the intensity of light? I’m gonna cross it with some png and send it back to you to see what it does :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Has anyone spoken to @Guitarzan recently? Been some time since he posted. I messaged him some time back but didn’t receive a response so hoping he is OK and just been busy.

11 Likes

I suspect it may be a double recessive, it is a fairly rare pheno.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

His profile says he was on 14 hours ago?

Probably just busy.

6 Likes

Elchischas had some pearls in Mexico from this one, so it’s not sun related, though I find the plants generally produce better outside. My line has more clumps of pearls than single pearls.
The PS Oaxaca is the true pearl line, with most plants having them. The plants in my line with clumps have the exact same calyxes, just more of them.

7 Likes

I saw that but he is not answering PMs and has not posted since Sep 15, '23. Well, hopefully you are correct and all is OK.

6 Likes

Have you asked @Upstate @JohnnyPotseed if they have talked to him?

2 Likes

I talk to him also visit back n forth now n then. he’s been in ‘remodeling mode’ at his place. Last I spoke he’s fine, Just busy.

10 Likes

Thank you for letting us know.

6 Likes

I actually called him after reading the post above, to check he’s ok. Yep winding down on the remodel, but still bit busy with finish up.

16 Likes

That’s what he told me. More remodeling. He’s doing OK. I told him OG misses him

9 Likes

Not sure if the Rajasthani space probe is on the list or if it was denied but i would donate it as ill never get it to it anytime soon.

7 Likes

That definitely needs a repro!! Dharam Das approves !! You may also want to chck out the coop breeder matchup thread. They get distributed to hundreds of people.

5 Likes

Is the co op breeder thread reliable or is it a luck of the draw type deal with the repo ? im gonna head over there anyways ive been sitting on these way to long and it would be a shame to lose em :pray:

5 Likes

What do you mean by reliable?

1 Like

That they don’t do the repo and take it for themselves

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of this besides it being briefly mentioned in the congo trip with kidete thread. Maybe @Upstate can spread some light on this matter I know he was in charge of the congo trip and I believe is a member but I wouldn’t have any concerns sharing seeds with them. I plan on throwing 10 Angola to the preservation if need be from the congo trip to help spread it around and get it reproduced

4 Likes

I think that has happened. Ultimately it’s the donor’s choice who they send the seeds to. It’s encouraged to check the volunteers for site status, how long they’ve been active on OG, growlogs etc. There is no vetting process by the coop action group as far as I know, they just handle distribution.

Note: I am speaking about the seedrun coop where your seeds are listed as looking for somebody to run them. I am not speaking about the freakers (they are two different things)

8 Likes

Once in a great while people disappear, but i don’t believe its been maliciously done…just life or maybe even lack of it , getting in the way when good people disappear. I think I’ve heard of one bad outcome since i got here. You can vet potential growers yourself, even going thru the coop. Ultimately, the are yours to decide what to do with.

10 Likes