Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

worchestire sauce had a viral problem so be careful.

2 Likes

I believe that was a rumor that has now been debunked :eyes: at least with the kashmirs, I believe.

2 Likes

how was it debunked?

the stock from barefrog showed no variegation, but what we’ve seen when worcestires seed stock was grown out is that the stock from worcestire shows extreme variegation and sometimes leaf or stem necrosis.

What we know about worcestires kashmir grow is that it came in contact with a dudded stardawg cutting that also showed variegation which worcestire said he knew was viral because it spread to other plants in his garden. We also know that at least one of the kashmir seed mothers had pythiosis rot with necrotic stem girdling.

Worcestire said in a post here that he believed the seeds have a virus after observing the variegation jump to other clones in his garden, but that he thought it could be desirable because viruses caused ornamental mutation in tulips.

5 Likes

He is selling them on strainly without informing people of the danger. Also Bare’s line was not to be sold in pure form but given away.

8 Likes

yes that shouldn’t be overlooked that bare donated worcestire the kashmir for a co-op seed run on the condition that the seeds were to be given freely, and the line should never be sold.

Worcestire claimed to be breeding the kashmir for a co-op seed run.
Instead of sending the seeds to sebring for distribution, worcestire tried to scam the co-op system by contacting everyone who signed up and soliciting them to buy the seeds from him. He demanded different sums depending on what he thought he could get out of a specific member.

the co-op is still dealing with the fallout of someone using its name to sell seeds and scam people.

15 Likes

Also, isn’t he the source for The Landrace Team’s Kashmir?

1 Like

Yes, worcestire turned bare’s line over to the landrace team so they could use it for profit.

He is also the source for their goroka papua new guinea landrace. just like the kashmir, it was donated to worcestire by azure for a co-op run, with the condition that it was to be given freely and never sold.

after the co-op scam, worcestire was banned from overgrow by the mods, along with I think 4 sock puppet accounts that he was operating to bait his scams and to try to rally support after the main account was banned.

15 Likes

Hola Gang

I did not knew all that
That is great info.
Maybe in the future we will
have people more adult and reasonable

Winter session G13HP88 and I have
load of Azad pollen to cover them.

Thanks for the info peoples

I love you all

Bare

24 Likes

Hey bud, I’ve got a bunch of Devils Tit and some other Snowhigh stuff I can send your way if you shoot me a pm, happy to help :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Boy oh boy am I happy I took TLT’s Jalisco, reproduced it and DISTRIBUTED IT FREELY!

Fuck these capitalists. :anger:

21 Likes

Interesting so this is the same papau New Guinea in the cross from the OG super bowl win I’ve been growing. It’s a great plant

5 Likes

Epic project ya’ll got going on here, grassroots genetic preservation for the win! New to the OG community but no stranger to cultivation. Been developing a citizen science soil microbiology/mycology/plant tissue culture space for ecological restoration and breeding for personal therapeutics. Hope to collaborate soon in preserving further genetic diversity for future generations. :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks for the transparency @zephyr

3 Likes

I’m a little fuzzy but I’m pretty sure other members have grown out the line without issue, and someone was convinced the variegation was just genetic. I’ll sniff around a bit and see if I can find it

3 Likes

Found it :grin:

6 Likes

Yea, I can’t speak to the Pithium theory (how’s that for a band name…) as that’s not something I’ve encountered, but so far as the variegation goes for me it comes down to having grown a lot of them without any evidence of a “jump” or any other kind of transmissible or otherwise deleterious pathogen. I have a lengthier post that gets more into the weeds a little further in the same thread @ChongoBongo cites in the previous post.

Here are a few going in the ground, the first pic is early August, the second maybe a week or so ago.

Different angle and minus a couple males:

The aim here is acclimatization, so they went from gal nursery pots into shallow holes with some compost and have been left to more-or less fend for themselves. Yellowing lowers aside, I’m hard pressed to find any problem with these - they’ve got all the beauty and “fuck-all” fortitude that made them a favorite around here for a good two years or more. For my part I’m happy to keep growing these, and I’m also looking forward to seeing some of @firehead’s accession which will certainly add valuable variation to this excellent line.

7 Likes

I did the same with their Mazandaran. They asked if I could do a repro for them and I instead did a Repro for the Freakers

6 Likes

Nice looking plants, @Vesti !
Looking forward to seeing some reports on them once they are finished too!!

2 Likes