Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 2 (Part 1)

Oh damn. Well that sucks for the both of us. I was looking foward to them, but I dont want you to risk losing more beans. It was a gift from you as well. I didnt even send you anything in return.
Im sorry it hapoened3, but at least your return address wasnt on there.

I shouldnt be expecting a knock on my door…right ?? The beans are 100% legal in my country and cannabis is legal in my state. Its just the border cross that is the issue.

I had a few shipped from India that were destroyed and a few I sent out to Croatia never made it.

Its with any seeds ? Even flower seeds ?
I found a perfect cover seed I was hoping would work. Just place a few in the same bag and label as the flower seeds.

And yeah they just tore it open, stole the beans, and left me a scary looking letter with the empty card.

5 Likes

Thank you for trying @DougDawson I sincerely appreciate the gesture. Send me your addy through PM and Ill send you some beans I just got in if you want. I kinda feel bad now honestly.

4 Likes

Yeah bud, I believe all seeds. If you notice it’s from the department of agriculture. I have never heard of anyone having a knock on their door over seeds, ever. I am happy to send them again dude, it’s just the cost of shipping internationally. Don’t give it a second thought.

3 Likes

Well thank you. Let me know how I can help with your giveaway coming up soon thou. Seriously, I would like to help. Even if I can send you something to help with all the shipping let me know.

3 Likes

Will do brother, I appreciate it.

3 Likes

Yeah :point_up: that unfortunately makes a lot of sense.
I wonder what form they request and if it would cost a lot.
I mean say I wanted to send a bunch of seeds to you to do a Canada only giveaway. I wonder if that would make it a guaranteed shipment over the border. I really should be studying the laws.

4 Likes

Let me know if that worked. Did you have them in a cheap little jewelry box as well ?

I sent mechanical pencils with beans inside. Filled out the form at the post and wrote down stationery. They made it no problem. Mahbe they just want to see any custom slip. Idk.
It did cost me a bit to ship however. Need to find a better, lighter option.

2 Likes

You can disguise them inside stuff. Had some show up inside a set of markers. It’s just more expensive. I would do that if sending a bunch, when sending less why bother. Let them destroy them, it’s cheaper. I only protect the special beans. Now don’t get me wrong, they are all special, but those that can be easily replaced are not worth the extra shipping as far as I am concerned. I have sent out a ton of envelopes. I can’t imagine the 5 seeds I got confiscated being worth hundreds of dollars in extra postage over time. That’s just me but I say take the chance, lose a pack every now and than, move on to the next ones. Don’t give it a second thought, it’s not worth it.

2 Likes

You guys had me research all the laws in my country, I received it once from og users, it was chill. I only saw reports of one guy in my country getting caught trying to pick up seeds from the post office, I guess it’s no big deal. I don’t sell or nothing, still kinda worries me, we will see how it turns out.

2 Likes

I send snips in the mail all of the time and the department of ag grabs there share. It’s sort of expected for the area I mail to. I just wait a couple of weeks and start it up again.

Look at it this way at least there is no reconditioning required. :wink:

6 Likes

Glad they made it then. I would have sent more if they didn’t. :grin:

2 Likes

Greasy yeah bro, I went back through the DMs and found where we discussed the trade. I stand corrected lol the Romulan and Jungle Spice I traded for with you. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Keep in mind the department of agriculture and DEA are two separate entities that generally aren’t in collusion together. The DOA is mainly trying to prevent invasive species and pathogens from showing up, they could care less if you’re growing pot in your home. Anyone remember when all those random seeds started showing up from China last year? Also, the USPS has no issues with cannabis seeds or cuttings as of a few years ago.

6 Likes

They (Customs) intercept seeds/other agri products EVERYDAY!!! No-one is going to come to your door, rest assured. It’s NOT illegal to have them, ship them, it’s illegal to ship them WITHOUT the Certification. I’m still waiting on a $300 Order from Spain, probably victim of the “Green Tape Police”. That’s the chance we take, Cat 'n Mouse Game. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Care to elaborate on that last sentence about the USPS not having issues with them anymore? Is that because of the hemp bill or they just don’t seem to care anymore?

3 Likes

Yep, the whole hemp bill loophole. If it’s “hemp” seed or contains less than .3% THC, you’re in hemp territory. Basically they’re not worried about hemp or CBD products. Since cuttings contain little to no THC, who’s to say they aren’t hemp? The issue of that falls into how the local authorities handle the issue.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2019/pb22521/html/updt_002.htm

7 Likes

You also technically need to be licensed for shipping these products, but on a small scale no one is going to say anything just like most things. The IRS isn’t going to audit you for having an untaxed garage sale lol. :laughing:

4 Likes

Well that makes me feel like an even bigger bitch for being so paranoid to send out the seeds the other day but I’ll take it :laughing:

8 Likes

Only because no one is telling them about it! Wouldn’t surprise me at all if they tried.

7 Likes

Oh I’m sure they could, the IRS has got what it takes to take what you got lol. But realistically, that sort of thing almost never happens and when it does it’s usually a sensational title used to grab your attention for a special case. What could be for example, someone owning a lucrative store front for an extended period of time while operating under the false premise of a “garge sale.” Until their ex turns them into the feds and Uncle Sam shows up for a slice of the pie.

10 Likes