Strains high in THCV

I know him. Really genuinely good dude. We’ve traded strains a few times. He hooked me up with his array of tinctures years ago for my Lyme disease and they do the trick. He also makes icy pops made from leaf smoothies that are fantastic
It would be real nice to have him here.

3 Likes

The plant naturally mazes out in THCV production around 8-10% THCV

Significant levels are 2% or above.
Someone in Washington state had a 4.5% THCV cut of JTR, but its held tight now that he has his own REC company. I smoked a lot of it and did a lot of FECO from it and its very unpleasant, very dark. The guy who has the cut warned me of how dark it is - he used it to cure his cancer and said it really fucked up his head. Thats what got me to look for THCV elsewhere. Ive found it in South African, Thai, Mexican, Pakistani, and Hemp(Finaloa) - its quite common, just rare to find it above 2%

5 Likes

Nice score
I published the secret that JTR has THCV around 2014, Im glad to see that line is still around to be sifted through for good meds

5 Likes

Anesia seeds has a ton of high thc strains.

2 Likes

Anyone growing a THCV strain right now? Would be nice to see some needle leaf sativas in here! I’m still looking around for some of the Jade Nectar…

3 Likes
7 Likes

I started a small varin project starting with Hoku’s Eraser-V which is (1:1 THCV) x Eraser (Abacus x Ceiba). The Eraser-V was a nice CBD/THC/THCV/CBG rich plant that grew like a christmas tree, medium size buds, and really nice fuel like aromas. Smokes really nice with the fuel flavors but more of a relaxing strain and not very potent.

I decided to pollinate this Eraser-V with Red Snake (Oaxacan 79 x Punto Rojo) to see how the THCV would carry into the next generation. Below is a TLC test completed with leaf samples of each of the progeny at about 7 weeks in veg. This just provides a qualitative analysis of the major cannabinoids present.

What’s cool about this is that every plant contains at least small amounts of THCV and with #8 clearly having the most. Based on the results the next step is to flower them out and then I’m going to create two different lines with these.

• The first line having CBD/THC/TCHV which I’m going to take the #1 male and pollinate #2 and #6. I think this one will be great if it can be stabilized a bit for making some full spectrum hash oil.

• The second line having just THC/THCV which I’ll take the #4 male and pollinate the #8 female. I’m hoping this one will be a bit more potent.

I’m currently only two weeks into flower with the above plants so it might be another month or two for any further updates. One thing I will be doing is testing all the final flowers to see if the ratio of THCV has gone up or down because I’ve read that this does fluctuate from the early veg stage to the final flowers.

@bassman5420 These are the same seeds I had sent over for your friend and just thought they might be interested in what could be expected in terms of THCV content.

25 Likes

Awesome project @deeez99 ! Do you have a thread dedicated to it?
:v::grin:

3 Likes

Thanks! I was thinking of making another thread but thought I might just add on to an existing one that already had quite a bit of discussion and interest in it. But maybe it would make more sense to do so as it progresses, we’ll see. Cheers!

7 Likes

So I have a buddy in the Bay Area that would be will to grab a few packs of the free seeds listed above. Anyone got a addy for the shop. He will go grab as many packs as he can.

Grundle

3 Likes

Feel free to take over this thread with your THCV related posts! A separate thread for a grow log would be easy to follow though, just make sure to link it here.

I’m still very interested in seeing these high THCv/CBDv cultivars develop, very interesting paper you mentioned about TRE. Health benefits seem substantial with the varins! Don’t forget to do it OG style and spread the beans :wink:

7 Likes

A grow log sounds like a commitment haha j/k but yea you’re right might make more sense.

Yea this project was obviously with the medical side of things in mind so any of the resulting seeds form this project will be available to anyone here that is interested in growing these out :v:

12 Likes

Great project. I’m glad you’re taking it on. Make a thread, no commitment. Just a place to post when you feel like it.

3 Likes

Oregon CBD recently released some CBDV and THCV genetics through their company GTR
Type I THCV Seeds – GTR Seeds
CBDV – GTR Seeds

3 Likes

I saw those a while back but personally thought they were too expensive for my use. I’m assuming part of that expense is that theirs are feminized triploids which means they should remain seedless even when exposed to pollen. Which would be great if you were growing a whole field of it for production use.

If you’re looking to buy seed then I would recommend hokuseedco.com as they just released new lines of both THCV and CBDV which are regulars (male/female). In fact their CBDV line is based on one of GTR’s Pinewalker feminized triploids that actually ended up being a male which I’ve read can happen but very very rare.

7 Likes

I’d for sure follow that thread my man. I’ve got big time use inflammation fighting strains unfortunately and will search out the ones you say have the best qualities for it.

3 Likes

I have Varins G from Seattle Chronic that is supposed to have high THVC.

2 Likes

Thank you! Sounds like you’ll be a good tester candidate :wink: I guess that’s the hard part for me as I don’t have any ailments where I can test this on myself to see if it helps a particular issue or not, really just going off other’s experience and studies done.

Have you grown it yet or any other varin rich strains? I know there are many others out there including many landrace/herilooms particularly from Africa but it just seems there is a lack of testing being done for confirmation. I also have an Ethiopian clone that I kept from last outdoor season which has elevated THCV so when it grows large enough that is something I’ll also breed and share with anyone that is interested.

5 Likes

I have not grown it just yet but will for sure. I’d LOVE to grow your work brother. I’d be a great candidate as just started having problems with inflammation. I hesitate to tell my doctor even though he’s old school and tries keeping me off pills because I’d hate to add another pill to my regiment.

2 Likes

Oh yeah im subbed to hoku’s member program defiantly familiar and have some of their new lines.
Going to be following along your journey. I haven’t grown any thcv rich strains only a 1:1 cbdv to cbd. I’d be interested in running some of your project and potentially washing it as well.

3 Likes