From SSeeDD to sail.. exploring SSDD, pollen chucks & Bodhi Crosses

Sounds good, will make the 3 of your cards tomorrow and then prob ask for info! edited out original posts.

11 Likes

Strain : Sunshine Daydream x Gogi og 3
Method Smoked : Bong/ Joint

APPEARANCE- rock hard dense buds

Smell- hot butter slightly sour earth moss and rubber and slightly skunky

TASTE- pine earth gas with a slightly lemon citrus hint that has developed after some cure

Harsh/smoothness : (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth) - 7.5

Effects- onset Immediately that builds for 15-20 minutes would say this is the most potent of the 3 phenos has more narcotic relaxing sensation less cerebral then the others noticeable pain relief from this pheno spacy/dreamywhen used in larger doses been smoking this nightly great wind down weed

Grown under hlg 600r 20 gallon organic living soil 5th cycle I think this pheno could of used a extra week

Profile : 75-25 indica dominant

Potency : (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent) 7.5 pretty potent

Duration : (approx length of buzz, from first hit) hour and a half or two hours
Use : great for a lazy weekend watching movies or nightly wind down/before bed weed

Munchies? : yes/no

Yes

Forgot to post up the last report :call_me_hand: @syzygy

26 Likes

From the smell and effects it sounds a bit like the ssdd to me! Interesting you got hot butter out of that too. Guess 2 for 2 have found it in that cross. Your Use description sounds very similar to my usage of ssdd as well haha.

I really appreciate you testing these out! Thanks again. Would love to send a birdseed card your way as well when Iā€™m making for the others tomorrow if thatā€™s cool with you, if not no worries. Seeing these chucks tested in a sense saves me a grow cycle by giving me a preview of what I might run into exploring haha. Ultra valuable when you are limited on space, have too many seeds and are indecisive like meā€¦

15 Likes

Would gladly take any pollen chucks of yours I very much trust your intuition and eye with cannabis your level of documentation is something I strive to achieve someday Im glad there was some value to you very happy to have grown them out really is some awesome weed with some great effects some real nice plants to be found in the Ssdd x gogi :blush:

12 Likes

Yeah granola funk is photogenic thats for sure - haha would love to line the walkway with them gals :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Thanks for the thread link

Ok, I thought wrong then. I guess my wording should have been very close internodes in stead of stout. Very little distance between nodes.

15-25% Amber at 9 weeks is short to me.
Right now, Iā€™m on week 11 for my flowering plants. They will be chopped on thursday. One is ready but other 4 probably could go that 12 week mark before hitting my 15%-25% target.
Iā€™d welcome 9 week Ghash cross to mess around with.

Thanks for the insight. Still learning from where I left off years ago.
Happy 4th of July!

8 Likes

I feel like most 88g crosses Iā€™ve tried have been ready (by my taste) around 70 days. Donā€™t remember how long I took my Redeye Jedi but that one seemed to be an anomaly.

14 Likes

Really beautiful Granola Funks and I can see the draw at least visually, on why people enjoy growing cookie crosses in general. Or at least cookie crosses made by Bodhi, haha.

I grew a few Cookie Wreckā€™s (GSC (Forum cut) x Trainwrck) a number of years ago and the plants were quite nice to look at. The cured flower smelled like some kind of Persian bakery or something? My dad is an old head and he was so surprised because ā€œit didnā€™t even smell like weedā€, haha. I donā€™t think the effects were anything too memorable though and I never heard much feedback from anybody who tried it. You were high, but that was about it.

12 Likes

Actually, I think ā€œstoutā€ is an accurate descriptor for the GHash leaners. They always have pretty thick stems and donā€™t typically need support.

As far as internode distance is concerned, again, I think it just depends on the female used. My Time Bandits had pretty gap-y internodes and looked pretty OG-ish, but the branches themselves were thick, seemed like a pretty nice blend of both parents. I donā€™t think I needed to tie any of them up. But the Imperial Majesties were allllllll ā€œOG,ā€ very flimsy branches. You should see the picture of one of them after I took the stakes out to chop. The whole plant basically collapsed haha.

12 Likes

Wonder with a little bit of tinkering with if it could get closer to 60.
With that said I will go as long as they need to up to a point. 70 seems like the sweet spot for most crosses.

After I completer this Odisha F1 hybrid project that will go most likely 23 weeks in flower. All other flowering times will seem like a breeze. :joy:

10 Likes

Some co2 and far red leds :thinking:

7 Likes

I didnā€™t know C02 in combination with red spectrum would increase the plants cycle.

Iā€™ve heard of it being used for higher temperature environments and increased lumen intake something to do with DLI. (if I remember correctly)

This current grow I have is the first with LEDs and much to learn. Especially when it comes to UV benefits.

6 Likes

In the very early 00s I did some tinkering with a few ā€œheavy sativaā€ hybrids. I remember a 120day+ KM as well that resembled a very light threshhold dose of fungi. I assume this is from the stock that was ā€œimprovedā€ by afghani genetics.

This was actually the first time I ever heard of the ā€œPre-98ā€ label being thrown around. Apparently an indica or afghani was introduced post 98. I only saw one pheno that seemed influenced by that afghani though. I also heard Western Winds by sagamartha(sp?) was the ā€œLegit & pureā€ version of KM. Was already sick of that stupid authenticity game once I started buying seeds haha.

Wish I still had the few chucks I made with that though for nostalgia reasons.

Check, have that, but donā€™t have supplemental CO2.

Most of the 88g13hps Iā€™ve grown out fall into that category as well. Of course there are outliers like you mentioned with your Imperial Majestys.

Sounds like my recollection of Granola Funk as well. It worked, it was psychoactive, but nothing memorable or standout.

12 Likes

I mean, maybe. But why? Haha. Whatā€™s another ten days?

8 Likes

Youā€™re right haha.
All the work only to shave off 10 days. Time would probably be better spent on making some crosses or preservation runs.

5 Likes

Yeah, you could do that stuff. Or you could just enjoy growing your weed and sharing your observations about the things youā€™ve grown with everybody here on OG. Thatā€™s contributing to The Cause in its own way. Just because youā€™re here, that doesnā€™t mean you have to make seeds. It doesnā€™t mean you have to do preservation runs, either. Honestly, I think we could really do with fewer people making seeds and shit.

I mean, people like @syzygy and @HolyAngel, they have specific ideas and goals and have been growing for a whiiiiiile. But in general, I donā€™t understand this urge to be constantly making seeds and shit. If you grow something and you donā€™t like it, you donā€™t need to try to ā€œimproveā€ it. Just move on to something else haha! Thereā€™s, like, a billion ā€œbreedersā€ out there right now; too many, really. No point in perpetuating a shitty line. Just trash it and move on.

And if you grow something and really do like it, thereā€™s nothing to improve.

Anywayā€¦ Sorry, syzygy. I think itā€™s time to start the new log haha, been spending way too much time doing my ranting on other peopleā€™s threads lately haha.

14 Likes

Most likely right on the fewer people making seeds. Iā€™ll say I donā€™t feel compelled to make seeds. After 10 years of not growing and coming back with the laws on my side finally. Iā€™d like to dabble in it.

I agree if its shit, why isnā€™t it in the trash already and if you like it, leave it be and grow it till your hands give out.

12 Likes

I was just wondering how your m/f ratios turned out after your potting up and switching to flower.

8 Likes

Pretty good! Planted 20 seeds, eighteen sprouted, ended up with eight females. So almost 50% if you donā€™t include the two Grapefruit f3ā€™s that didnā€™t pop. And ā€œalmost 50%ā€ is way better than the 33% or so Iā€™ve been getting the last few years. Iā€™ll take it.

I will say that I only ended up with one female Hashplant D outta five seeds planted, so maybe that dude who was saying the GHash male produces more males than females on the Bodhi thread a couple weeks ago was right.

Just kidding.

13 Likes

Just got home from dog walk but wanted to make sure I commented on the first quote haha.

Maybe Holy but not me! Iā€™m just scarred by how difficult it was to get new genetics when I started growing that making F2s was a good way to expand the genetics I have to explore. To be clear (I know you know this mini) to anyone reading this I am no breeder! Now Iā€™m mostly trying to limit it to stuff that I canā€™t buy or find easily.

Hoarding impulse. As for improving stuff I agree completely with you. Often times though I donā€™t know if I like something until after Iā€™ve already made seeds with it. Iā€™d love to explore more of the Triple Sunshines and be able to get wasteful with them and F2s will really help there.

Ya Iā€™m really interested in that Chocolate trip cross youā€™re going to be growing out. Have you thought about how youā€™re going to improve it yet? Jokesā€¦

I know you werenā€™t directing that comment at him but to his credit he actually is documenting a grow here at least haha. Preaching to the choir Iā€™m sureā€¦

Biochar.

16 Likes