From SSeeDD to sail.. exploring SSDD, pollen chucks & Bodhi Crosses

I remember those lungs, oh the stuff we used to smoke out of :rofl:

5 Likes

No ETA on power now. Really apparent how necessary carbon filters are when they go off.

10 Likes

The real problem is when the buzzards start circling

2 Likes

Could be their fate when all is said and doneā€¦ The Triple Suns are untested and have no idea how theyā€™re going to respond to these stresses. Same can be said for the new stuff. I found out the cause of the power outage was a giant tree falling on a power line nearby, hoping by tomorrow I have power. Not worried about mold really just intersex issues at this point.

9 Likes

Brutal. Super sorry to hear that. Just spending the night with no ac yourself sucks. Hope you can at least get some sleep and itā€™s back on tomorrow.

3 Likes

Thanks , I donā€™t like the heat but I felt really bad for the dogs. High heat + shepherd coats has to be brutal. Weā€™re back on now thankfully!

That sucked though, hopefully no herms. If anything does throw nanners itā€™s getting culled regardless. Not even joking at all about the carbon filter thing. Smelling it at the end of your driveway is always a sickening and paralyzing feeling when all your neighbors are outside because no power / high heat.

Anyways I got a few pictures when the lights were off.

here you can see the undersides of the leaves being lit up by my phone laying on top of a pot shining the light upā€¦

21 Likes

Hahaha yes! I remember making those in a bathtub with a half cut open 3 liter soda bottle and a little bowl pieceā€¦ some chewing gum to maintain the suction and keep it airtight. :laughing:

Youā€™d seriously cough a lung up and fall over after taking a hit off of that thing.

8 Likes

I only had garbage compressed stuff back when I made a gravity & waterfall (?) bong but I do remember the gravity bong hitting very hard. Think we used a 5Gal bucket or something like that but donā€™t remember for sure.

6 Likes

Nobody mentioned hot knives. Haha. If weā€™re talking dumb kid stuff.

6 Likes

I remember reading about hot knives and a dome or straw for hash right? Donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever done that. Never really had access to hash until I started growing and by then the flower was more than potent enough.

7 Likes

Weā€™d use an empty paper towel roll. It was so stupid. Moms would be pissed about their knives. Haha

7 Likes

Ahh I think steamrollers as well as stuffing paper towel rolls with dryer sheets to exhale through and mask the smell was the only use of them for me.

I remember a family member making Bhang and that was one of the most devastating modes of consumption Iā€™ve come across w/ cannabis at that point. Forgot where the recipe was sourced, maybe even old OG but I think it only used bud leaves and was mashed in a mortar and pestle. Was ridiculously tasty too and didnā€™t have that cooked cannabis taste. If I was an edibles person Iā€™d love to mess around with that more.

9 Likes

Use to think I was sly and did when I took showers to hide the smoke when I first started smoking never worked always had my sister yell at me about the smell afterwards :joy:

7 Likes

Hahaha Good old sploofs. Sooo many kids thought they were slick with those.

3 Likes

Yes, a chef buddy made me some in the late 90s/ early 00s and I still remember that crushing feeling! You know when you think to yourself, ā€œHoly Fuck! Maybe I had too much!ā€ Devastating is a good way to describe it! Maybe soon is a good time to revisit!

8 Likes

Ya skimming through that it looks very similar to the recipe I am talking about. I made it at least 10x since I was given the Bhang & the recipe (Pretty sure it was from original OG or at least re-posted there). I remember steeping the herb in hot water for 7-10 min and then pulverizing it in the mortar and pestle with all the spices. Donā€™t remember that much pepper but maybe there was pepper in this recipe. I heard him mention that the herb is not decarboxylated in the process and it definitely doesnā€™t taste like it is. It is by far the best tasting canna edible Iā€™ve made.

I donā€™t understand the chemistry involved or why it works but to me it also feels more potent than edibles, but maybe itā€™s just because itā€™s easier to take a larger dose in liquid form when it tastes so goodā€¦

Itā€™s awesome to hear your anecdote as well, makes me feel less insane haha. Iā€™ll make some bhang at some point as well whenever I actually decide to do edibles nextā€¦

The recipe called for 1oz - I remember that much. This recipe looks very much like it. Probably is / was it.

9 Likes

Bringing back memories haha. Funny how we thought it would work.

6 Likes

Just read through this whole thread, and wow you take some amazing pictures. Are you a professional photographer, or just a hobbyist? I definitely want to put some ssdd crosses on my short list of things to grow after seeing what youā€™ve done with them.

I voted for the devils hp on the poll earlier. Thatā€™s one Iā€™ve wanted to see for awhile now but I donā€™t see too many grow journals online

6 Likes

Nope just a hobbyist, thanks for the kind words! Seems flash photography is hit or miss with people and itā€™s nice to hear when people enjoy the pictures. Iā€™m trying to improve my skills when taking pictures without flash as well but I figure under a static artificial light itā€™s not the biggest deal anyways haha. Excited for the days when I can take outdoor pictures under actual natural lighting!

Ya I havenā€™t either. I think Iā€™m the only one who has publicly posted pictures of it at least and I only went through 3 plants. Interested to see what else is in those packs.

11 Likes

Even in full sun (which apparently is not a good time to take pictures) my camera seems to perform much better without flash than under grow lights. I quickly took these earlier today and got some pretty nice shots just doing it handheld. Should have used a bit more narrow of an aperture but it was hard to see the screen in direct sun to know how focus was. I really do like my lens, but wish my camera supported more lenses natively. Great lens for portrait shots and decent for macros as well.

oh hereā€™s a MAIL CALL

23 Likes