From SSeeDD to sail.. exploring SSDD, pollen chucks & Bodhi Crosses

Just got to go with the flow at that point. Who knows what’s right around the corner in these SSDDs. Diamond in the rough still out there.

I always have to remind myself of this when I talk to my best friend who just started growing as a hobby. He likes to grow but not as passionate about growing as I am lol.

Sounds interesting but if you say it wasn’t anything worth putting time into, I believe ya.

3 Likes

Well both madre azuls threw tons of nanners mid flower and the blueberry hashplant was similar to this ssdd#3. That’s not to say there aren’t good BB HP’s, just that specific one I tried wasn’t any good haha.

5 Likes

Yes, definitely hunt the traits to look for in the F1 parents. Either both parents should have (all) the traits, or one parent has some and the other parent has the other. F2 to mix and combine and then roll the dice and hope you get lucky :pray:

9 Likes

Really? that’s something I didn’t expect. Is that a trait from the blue moonshine coming thru?

I know what you mean. Some are winners and some are losers haha

Thanks I have a better grasp on it now.

I guess the final question would be at what point does backcrossing come into play?

Is bx’ing goal mainly to gain a trait from one of the F1’s parents that isn’t in the F2s? I most likely have it wrong.

2 Likes

I don’t know, I just chalked it up to being an “indica” thing and the specific plants just weren’t anything special. I’d say my SSDD keeper appears more blue in effect than these other 2 based on my experience with DJ’s blue lines. The dreamy effect is pretty common and something DJ seemed to favor.

Leafy, low potency, uninteresting, tiring. It’s probably semi-decent for sleep if you have a low tolerance. It’s different from the SSDD mother to me as I feel that is more medicinal for insomnia in how it makes you receptive to sleep. The BBHP & SSDD #3 just make you feel tired.

My “bubbashine pheno” mother is great sleep meds when taken @ 70-75 days but it’s really (for me) the combination of being very dreamy as well as the feeling of being at ease that is responsible. It’s a subtle difference but I feel the comfortable feeling is crucial when insomnia is present. An overactive or racy mind can still reduce sleep quality even if you’re tired.

11 Likes

I really haven’t had much experience with DJ short lines and Bodhi’s but I can understand what you mean about the dreamy effect.

I’m a big indica guy but I’m growing those sativas for fun. Mainly because I haven’t had true sativas yet. It might change my taste in medicine. Kilimanjaro also known as “elephant stomper” possibly being the closest when I was out in California. It had a deep lemon taste from what I remember and a very clear high that lasted for hours.

I’m very fortunate not to have an insomnia problem as I know people who have it and it wreaks havoc on them. Ideally, I like to let the ladies run off the rails before I cut them. 20-30% amber.

5 Likes

Bx’ing is usually only done when you don’t have a sibling to line breed with. Have to outcross to something and then backcross in order to reinforce the traits from the parent you want to keep. Ideally the outcross should also reinforce the traits you want, or at least compliment them.

7 Likes

Just because something’s a “Sativa,” that doesn’t mean you won’t find smoke that has a very dreamy sorta high. The Bandaid Hazes I grew were like that; the Mountain Temples were, too. Those are just the first two that spring to mind, but I know there’ve been other longer-flowering, NLD-type plants that I’ve grown where the high was extremely pleasant and “feel-good” and dreamy and… just… Fucking awesome haha. Functional, sure, but with a big-ass smile plastered on your face the entire time.

That’s my favorite kind of high and I rarely find it in anything BUT “Sativas.”

10 Likes

Thanks for clarifying,I hope you’re having a great weekend!

4 Likes

I know it can be found in many others with a little searching.
Which Bandaid Hazes did you grow out?
They are on my list to try out in the future. I’m unfamiliar with mountain temples though Ill check them out for sure.

Sounds like a great smoke to switch things up from the heavy narcotic smoke I tend to lean towards.

6 Likes

Sounds like my fav SFVxW15. Hoping to find some sfv phenos in the secret chief…

9 Likes

I’d like to get my hands on some Super silver Hashplant to try out. Have you run any SSH crosses from bodhi before?

5 Likes

No, I can’t think of any haze genetics in general that I’ve grown out. Don’t think I have at least, definitely not Bodhi (unless you count the haze in Blue Dream x 88g13hp). KaliMist was supposedly haze-like but not actually ‘haze’ from what I gathered on the forums way back. Not a haze person so I have no clue how accurate that opinion was.

I feel like I’ve read a few negative reviews on Pinball Wizard (SSH x W15) which I have a pack or 2 of as freebies, but I’m not positive about that. I’d be more interested in Super Silver Hashplant or Silver Sunshine but never was enough to actually buy it.

9 Likes

I’d count that as Blue dream has Super Silver Haze in it. Did the blue dream come thru in the smoke?

Silver sunshine is another one that piqued my interest. I think the SS Hashplant would be up my alley. I do like sativa hybrids like blue dream. I’ll look to get a pack of it to have in the future after running out the runs I already have planned.

6 Likes

Doc D’s ix 3.0. Or something like that haha.

I liked the way mine smoked, really good high, but I didn’t like the way she smelled or tasted at all.

9 Likes

You should post pictures of it in the addicted to haze thread!! I’m sure they will really appreciate it.

Some of his haze crosses do look interesting. Doubt I’m going to be interested in doing any of that any time soon though. Maybe the KM x everything next year just for fun.

8 Likes

Leaves starting to get a bit crispy on a lot of the TS plants. Very hot in the tent still. LJ growing into lights caused some pistils to burn. Still haven’t seen any nanners but if anyone spots them in pictures definitely let me know so I can cull haha.

Herer HP

Lav Jack - Tall

Other Lav Jack (3rd looks identical)

C91 sva x SSDD

Trip Sun C - looking a lot frostier in person lately.

Trip Sun A

SSDD bbs mother

22 Likes

Haha, dude, I thought about posting a few pics of that Santa Cruz Pure Haze cross, the one that turned all purple on me, on that thread when I chopped it like six months ago and decided I didn’t wanna do that. And that’s an actual Haze cross! And it was before that thread got ridiculously dumb. Forget posting pics of the the Pinball Wizard… haha.

I like the A5Thai crosses I’ve grown so far, that one nanner-throwing Chocolate Blitz notwithstanding. If you have some, you should plant some.

Plant some, dude! You were all excited about having that Kali Mist cross; now you’re not gonna grow it?!? Haha… I thought it sounded good, never blazed Kali Mist, but I’ve always read great things about it. If I’d’ve been buying seeds when that freebie was available, that pack definitely woulda been my pick.

11 Likes

Or Tom might flame you for saying anything at all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::joy:

9 Likes

Don’t get me started on that dude…

10 Likes