Full room too hot not just my tent

If you want to get the humidity down you need a dehumidifier to pull the moisture out of the air a humidifier is raising the humidity… 82f temps in the tent is not so bad really

Also I don’t think 60 percent humidity is so bad either. Actually their are some growers that run higher temps and humidity on purpose to get higher production through transpiration, There’s a name for it but I forgot. But I think 82f and 60 percent humidity is fine.

Marijuana cuttings humidity level

Week 1 growth: 70%
Week 2 growth: 70%
Week 1 flower: 65%
Week 2 flower: 60%
Week 3 flower: 55%
Week 4 flower: 50%
Week 5 flower: 50%
Week 6 flower: 45%
Week 7 flower: 45%
Week 8 flower: 40%
Week 9 flower: 40%
But the higher the temps the higher humidity you can get away with though.

Hello grapeape to start with I was helping a friend out he had the tent setup so I just went with it and gradually bought everything else as it was required I’m in the uk so you’ve got to be careful where you setup

Sorry pookie that’s what I meant to say it an air dehumidifier but it only has a 1.5 litre tank so been looking at some with a 5 litre

Hello GrapeApe did you get my reply thanks I don’t know if you have been keeping up with the latest bad news I’ve had but if you get the chance have a read and see what ideas you come up with as I’m mentally aswell as physically drained ATM .

Can we break it into separate issues?

I see three problems:

• hermied mothers - finish this batch and don’t start another grow till you get proper quality mothers / clones. time is costly so you can’t waste it on poor genetics.

• high humidity - anything above 60% in flowering can lead to problems with molds, you can get dehumidifier or increase input of fresh (dry) air (in winter this can be solved by recuperation) - see below

• high temps in room - what are outside temperatures? can you get fresh (cooler) air from outside into the room by making new intakes? cooling room will cool tents. everything can be vented just by exhausts from tents and aircooled lamps and intakes can be passive (into the tents and into the room also).

Any photos, pics or schemes of your room/setup would help.

2 Likes

He has a de humidifier now and is at 60 percent which is ok, not optimal but given his temps are a little high 82f the plant will transpire more. But that is now, earlier in his grow things were out of control much more so, temps up to 95f and higher humidity.
I think that the wild temp fluxes might have caused the hermie issues, maybe not… But he has taken steps to correct some issues, just a little too late is all. Like you said a little more info on the grow environment would be helpful, I also suggested bringing in fresh air from outside and perhaps using ducted light hoods. But at least he’s gotten the temps down to 82f or lower and the humidity is almost where it needs to be to not be an issue, So I think that he will have it right with a few tweaks here and there. He never stated if he got an a/c unit installed, If not that would solve all temp and humidity issues.

1 Like

Hello @Scotty, any progress?

7 posts were split to a new topic: How to upload photos to Overgrow (from phone, tablet or desktop)

1 Like

Wehey think that’s them uploaded if you could have a look please HydroPower it would be appreciated thanks

Hard to see anything there, could you make proper photo without HPS lamps only with some white light?

Leaves are still slightly curled up what can be sign of heat …

1 Like

I will try HydroPower I have some more photos there but as you say the lighting is a bit of a nightmare but I will have a scan through them to see if there’s anything any clearer thanks again for your time HydroPower

1 Like

Hello HydroPower is that one any better thanks for your advice as it’s really appreciated

As I said: Leaves are still slightly curled up what can be sign of heat …

Can you answer questions or react to my previous post breaking it into separate issues? I’ll gladly help, but I need more informations.

Well ATM I’ve got the temps under control and I’m trying to get the humidity down below 50 rh I maybe have to buy another dehumidifier the feed an ph and nutrients are on track but that’s me just over 6 weeks in flower and there looking well and producing plenty of thc and the coalas are looking well there’s no signs of bananas in the bud,but I’m still finding small seeds in the lower buds but not many so my fingers are crossed that everything goes ok. I think the next week will decide where i go from here

That is good to hear. How did you manage to get temperature down?

Buying dehumidifier can help, but depends on air that you are getting in. Can you measure RH of outside air? My point is that if you increase air exchange to get more drier air in, you won’t need dehumidifier. On the other side if you are pumping in moisture, dehumidifier can’t fight it…

I mean everything is about the volume of air exchanged.

1 Like

I’ve created a cool fresh air duct today so ile see how it gets on tomorrow, I can’t thank you enough for trying to help HydroPower and I really do mean this it’s appreciated thank you with kindest regards Scott.

2 Likes