Fun with hole diggin

For sure. I’m not going to be able to stop this now that I have started. I can’t wait to try my own smoke again, it had been some years. The difference is that now I know what is truly organic, and I have good genetics work with.

I will for sure be maintaining what I have worked so hard on.

4 Likes

Hey Badger how are doing with the compost teas and such? Have you added or subtracted anything

1 Like

The last couple teas I’ve made have been ewc. I use molasses as well. As a small amount of kelp meal for micro food, and the goat pen plants responded very well to it. It seems. To have given them the kick they needed. I think I will start some. Compost tea soon and try to added kelp meal. Have you read any of the knf information? It is super interesting.

Edit: think I’m going to have a moderator change this over to a journal, and I will just keep updating this thread through harvest.

Edit 2.0: looks like that is not an option.

3 Likes

I started on it. I wouldn’t mind trying that bio live. Don’t know if I should mix that in with what I’m doing or start it when the plants start to flower. I haven’t done much research on it but so far it does sound good

2 Likes

With an ammendment such as that, I would just scratch it in the top couple inches as a top dress, and water it in with your tea. The teas will help the nutrients become available. Bio live has the added micro life plus myco’s as well.

3 Likes

I’ll do that if I buy any for this year. I think I’m really missing out on the fungi. Back in 04 I was reading overgrow forum on how the fungi stimulates the thc precursors in the root ball of the plant but you had to give it extra sugar when you do that or it wouldn’t work. They recommended 1 teaspoon of glucose per gallon of water and to leach the soil every now and then so the sugar don’t gum up the soil. They swore by it

1 Like

I would ask @Tinytuttle or @ReikoX about that. I’m quickly learning they are masters at this organic stuff. @Gpaw may also have some input. He has a some great plants also.

Edit: leaf mold maybe? I’m just ready to get my learn on. These guys are great!

4 Likes

Good day @corey I hear that a good source to get fungi to explode is to use oatmeal IIRCC if ya want to get a good source of fungi go find a old aged pile of wood chips and take a trowel full the white cobweb looking stuff at the soil interface would be great not much is needed but that would be the best bet IMO

IF your into composting put more woody stuff in the bin that will eventually get it more evened out in the end

This pic is from my 2019 thread mushrooms popping up in my seedling mix

2 Likes

Leaf mold is easy. Grab an old PB jar (empty) and a spoon and go for a little hike in the woods. You are looking for areas with healthy trees and undisturbed places. Sweep the surface debris clear and grab about cup of exposed healthy dirt, rinse and repeat a few times and you now have an excellent representation of the micro beasties you want in your soil. Mix up the samples in your jar an inoculate your pots, gardens etc. feed some to your worms too.
I have always used it fresh, I’ve never tried to store it. The best part, now you know where to get more! :nerd_face: :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Tinytuttle and Gpaw you guys are right. Last year when I started doing research on prepping my organic spot some of my research lead me to raking some leaves from the timber nearby. So about two weeks ago I noticed these small mushrooms growing around the base of my plants and looks just like the pic you posted tinytuttle. I had no idea what was happening till I red your post just now

2 Likes

In telling you what man, you are doing the right stuff already! You were born to grow organic. Like I said, they will lead you in the right direction.

2 Likes

Thanks man. You were born for this too. Just so much to learn. I love it

2 Likes

It’s all about growing with nature you’ll be happy with the results let her do her thang! Plants have been growing fine WO chemicals for thousands of years and will continue to do so … it always makes me happy when I see little mushrooms popping up all over the place Iv even had them my compost pile before. Keep up what your doing!

2 Likes

I wont keep up what I’m doing, I will keep getting better!!! Soon I will have access to comfrey cuttings. I also want to start some knf fermentation for next year.

It’s my old growing blood that got me started back up, but people like you that are helping to grow my passion for the organics. This community amazes me at how generous it is. It will truly be awhile before I get over that.

Patience on the other hand, is gonna take awhile. I have a couple more clones to get out, but I want to get their light schedule fixed before I have to do some more re vegging. That is something I don’t want to have to mess with again anytime soon.

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement!

4 Likes

Hey Badger! How are your plants doing? The ones that started this thread. Have you been feeding them anything new or different?

2 Likes

I remembet you mentioning that you have a worm bin. I’ve been doing countless hours of research on that and just wondering how you make your own castings cuz some of these sources is just way to much

2 Likes

They look great. I just checked em out earlier, and I was gonna take a Pic but found a new plant next to them. Apparently a closet grow went bad, and I inherited another. I will update on that.

If you want to do it the masters way, I will find you a link. Clackamas coot shares how he makes castings in a huge smart pot. It takes patience man, but if you start now, a year down the line you will be set.

2 Likes

That would be great!

1 Like

I got the link. Thanks man I will study that

1 Like

BTW what do u mean you found a plant next to yours lol

1 Like