G’s ongoing grow diary (Currently Midnight Cowboy and Divine Intervention from Bodhi)

Oh so its basically one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BL63XZF4/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?pd_rd_i=B0BL6VTDHJ&pd_rd_w=BUSuG&content-id=amzn1.sym.386c274b-4bfe-4421-9052-a1a56db557ab&pf_rd_p=386c274b-4bfe-4421-9052-a1a56db557ab&pf_rd_r=VZR1YB2FT57SKYW28D4W&pd_rd_wg=hKoLL&pd_rd_r=51c63869-ecb9-44fc-83e4-71fcc9ba72b7&s=lawn-garden&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&th=1

I have one of those in my cart- Yeah I’ve been around this forum for a good 7 years. Wouldn’t post anywhere else.

Looks like your hitting low 80s in that tent- what is your ambient room temp. around it?

1 Like

Pretty much yah, plus I like not having to re set up the trellis unless I decide to snip it for ease of harvest, but still stringing another is super easy with the screws already mounted!
And the basement is about 80 these days, most of the heat comes from the dehumidifier pumping at all times. It’s an old unfinished stone basement so it gets super cold in winter, like 60, and took until about beginning of April to get over 64ish

1 Like

@spillz907 couldnt get my space warm enough 3 months ago, now I’m understanding why so many people shut down their indoor grows for the summer… 79.5 lights out temp (lights off at 9pm) :grimacing:

1 Like

Ah yeah I’ll be dealing with similar fluctuations but more like 45 - 65 ambient temps. 65 being the highest mid-summer :smiley: it’s part of the reason I went with the shorter ACinfinity tent over the larger ones… going to be hard to keep those temps up in the dead of winter

1 Like

Oh yah, that’s quite chilly! Definitely suggest the 2x4 seed heating mat on the floor @spillz907

1 Like

I need to get that and a mechanical timer on my next Amazon order. that’s a great idea for buttom-up heat, even if slight.

That’s the only thing I’m bummed about those lights is I cant plug them into the ACI controller and need a separate timer. not a big deal tho.

I found a power strip on Amazon with built in manual timer that I like, I have 1 in each tent. 4 times switches and 4 “always on”
The first has been working without issue for going on a year now

1 Like

so you have you on/off switch right on the power strip, nice.

1 Like

Yah, it works nice not to have a bulky manual timer outlet sticking out of a power strip blocking other plugs

3 Likes

And solves the no on/off switch on the lights at the same time. i think ill buy that

1 Like

Good stuff man, healthy plants and a great log! Now following.

1 Like

Thanks! Past few days when i check on em i just want to poke em like “hey, do something!”
Its so fun to watch the first 4-5 weeks of flower, now the agonizing wait for them to finish as i smoke through the end of my stash from my first grow, and what i was able to salvage from the second :grimacing:

1 Like

Plants have been ripping away drinking water through the blumats the past few days! Yesterday morning I noticed the digital meter showing about where I want for a dryback and the rings were dripping, plants drank about .75gal, went down to check them before lights out and the meter was again around the same reading and dripping, this morning the reservoir is down about 2gal from yesterday and they’re again dripping being watered, about to have to refill the 5 gallons after just 3 days!

Took some individual bud shots too to track their development. So far I like the fatter structure of #3 the best, smells and stem rubs are the same so far.
I was only able to get a couple clones of #2 to root incase I want to keep a cut around for a bit

Excited to start some bodhi seeds in a couple days at the week 5 mark on these girls.
Day 33 of flower today

10 Likes

I think this is what I need to build.
Minus the trellis, lol.

This negative pressure is killin me!

1 Like

This works well or another trick I saw here on Og (I think from @Pigeonman) and use in my veg tent is get a small piece of wood, I found some precut 5 foot lengths at Home Depot that are like an inch wide by 3/4 thick, get a drill bit about the size or the size of your tent poles and measure to drill 2 holes vertically in the wood and cut halfway on the hole to make a U that cups the pole on either side and sits in place to help negative pressure!
I’ll post a picture tomorrow in case my description isn’t clear

2 Likes

I read that in your other post.
Yes, I believe that I understand the description.

Looking great man!

@Growgrassblowglass yep that was me!

2x2’s with a drill hole the size of the poles at their length and I cut in the middle of the hole giving me 2x semi-circles that matched the poles. I drilled a small hole behind the hole allowing me to thread a quick tie through the wood and around the pole securing it in place and adding a few quick ties around the pole under the wood keeps it at the level I want but I can also shift it up and down as needed.

I’ll eventually upgrade to pipe-clamps around the poles to let me mount heavier stuffs on the 2x2’s.

1 Like

Finally took some pictures of the branches I hit with the yogi pollen from @Pigeonman!
Seeds are developing nicely, surprisingly not as seeded as I expected, but I was being super cautious with the pollen since I couldn’t remove the plants from the tent and only used a little bit.
Idk why I decided to pollinate 1 branch each on plants 1 and 2 but not 3…
3 has some nice fat golf ball bud structure going, kind of thinking of hitting a branch with a little more pollen since I plan for them to go about 12 weeks :thinking:

9 Likes

I finally broke down and bought the “Vivosun high cfm kit” on Amazon. 35 bucks and it fixed the problem. I knew I would never find the time to build something.

2 Likes