Gadarien tries again

Right on man, 7 girls is a great turnout out of 11. Hopefully you have room in that tent! Good luck

2 Likes

I’ll grab a pic in a couple minutes but it’s definitely going to be tight!

This was just before I watered this evening. I’ve about got the canopy level.

10 Likes

Wow 7 is really great! Congratulations.

1 Like

I’m enjoying your journal. Learning as we go – that’s the way it works.

You ought to get plenty of buds from that forest of plants. Are you going to let ~any~ of the males survive? I’ve been growing only feminized plants so far, but have one “mystery bean” going this time around. If she/he turns out to be a male, I may let him grow for a while, if only to learn from the experience. (Maybe get some pollen if the plant seems like a good grower, since all of the “mystery beans” came from good sources, whatever their lineage…)

2 Likes

I’ve got the random Michigan male outside right now. I’m not going crazy keeping it alive, but I did water it early this morning. If I get pollen from him I’ll probably call it “mikey’s Michigan mystery” or something. It was a vigorous plant with super broad leaves and the bud I got the seed out of had some of the most intense highs I’ve ever experienced.

There were like 4 strains in one Mason jar my buddy gave me. If I can find the one that made me lose my train of thought mid sentence I’ll be stoked. I call it poof weed because the thought literally would just poof and be gone.

5 Likes

:laughing:

Was the Michigan weed related to “Pure Michigan,” by any chance? I’ve read good things about that strain. I had a flip of them sent to me that, unfortunately, got pretty smushed by the dreaded rollers. So I haven’t grown any of them yet. (But I gave some of those smushed seeds to an award-winning gardener. If anyone can get 'em to live, she can.)

2 Likes

That’s great I hope she can bring them to life!

I can’t say for sure which strains were in the jar. My buddy is neighbors to the grower and just grabbed strain and shoved them in a jar for me. The best answer I got is “he had og kush and other strains”. The grower Mikey doesn’t even remember which strains he had at the time. It was in 2021 that I was given the jar. I have a fairly large supply of those mystery seeds to hunt through at some point.

4 Likes

You’ve got some happy plants there, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

The girls really really appreciated the drink last night. They’re all perked up and showing off their bud sites.

@MrGreenJeans
I took a closer pic of the Michigan mystery male. He looks like crap because as soon as I put him out we got sub-freezing Temps like 2 or 3 nights in a row. Watered him before work this morning and he’s perky at least.

12 Likes

Pulled them all out today and top dressed the pots. Each got 2tbsp of Gaia green power bloom 2-8-4 and 1tbsp of gg general 4-4-4

I redid the net to spread them out some, and I pulled some limbs that didn’t reach canopy and defoliated. This should be the last big defoliation.

11 Likes

Took some close ups of some of the flowers. Luke’s Force number 1 is getting some good looking frost already.

14 Likes

Looking good bud

5 Likes

Was gone since Friday morning. Friday evening a massive storm knocked out the power. Just got home late last night so I found tonight that the fan hasn’t been running which means Temps had to be in the low to mid eighties in day time.

All I can say is @JohnnyPotseed sells some solid genetics! The Luke’s Force and Walkenstien are stacking flowers perky in dry dirt. The flowers are all getting frosty.

I did water them after I took picks and they seem happy and content. I also increased the light intensity to about 70% from 65%.

The last pic is from Thursday evening.

Edit. I love my little Luke’s Force runt. It’s even stacking a little bud.

14 Likes

Took some pics of the poor male I put outside. He isn’t happy. Especially since we’ve had several cold snaps and little rain. Still flowering though so we will see if I can get any pollen.

Oh and I have these cuttings from my last trim. They have just been chilling in this jar of water since then and I may actually try rooting them if they last a couple more weeks.

5 Likes

If that male survives, I hope he ~does~ give you some pollen to work with. Resilient plants are GOOD plants! :+1:

5 Likes

That’s my hope too. I thought he was dead after the wind storm almost uprooted him. If I get usable pollen I’ll be making bastard chucks since I won’t know the proper lineage. But i figure that matters less if there’s a pheno worth keeping folks won’t care either.

6 Likes

It sounds like he’s a resilient fella.

3 Likes

I often toss unwanted plants out in the harsh New England cold - I’m always a combination of annoyed and impressed with how well they do out there!!

Keep up the great work!

3 Likes

I took some pics this fine Easter morning. The mystery male is still doing his thing outside. I don’t know when/if I’ll get pollen from him but I hope I can at least a little.

The Luke’s Force #1 is still the most frosty, but the other plants are trying to catch up. My son’s walkenstien plants are putting buds up everywhere. Can’t keep them from forming even under the canopy.

10 Likes

Saturday was 4 weeks of 12/12. Have any of you run the walkenstein or the Luke’s Force? I know they’re short flowering but I was curious if anyone has a week count. Otherwise I’ll probably start checking trichomes week 6.

Just playing but snapped a couple pics so I’ll throw them on this post. LF 1 trichomes.

6 Likes