Gene Trader Upstate NY

The next one will be in NYC in December @cannabliss

1 Like

I think what will end up happening is the market for clones and seeds will start to pan out and get cheaper. Mail order clones are going to take over and level out the prices. I know a fee places that are legit and have fair pricing. Also meeting good people here will benefit.

1 Like

yeah this spring after getting back some of the autos I have shared I began giving them away to folks on these pro legalization groups and I really thought others would be doing the same instead suddenly the number of members doubled and the vendors came out of the weeds really left a bad taste in my mouth but I shouldnā€™t have been surprised NY will figure it out
there are a few ā€œTradeā€ shows happening here in CNY area soon to be honest the whole cannabis industry not just seed sellers are something Iā€™m just not into I just wanna grow my own but to each there own more power to them I guess

3 Likes

Thereā€™s always going to be people trying to capitalize on folks that are fresh to the cannabis scene. People that have been in it for a while know what they want and mostly have it already. Thatā€™s why I stick to this community. Lotā€™s of good people here on OG. Iā€™m not a fan of social media

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s just the mentality of your average NY smoker/grower after things being illegal forever. Most things in NYC have been referral based for decades and that mentality leads to not really interacting with complete strangers even if they are part of the community. That and the fact that Iā€™m guessing no one was really drinking or looking to party will equal a low key event for sure.

I went to the NYC event earlier this year and it was packed, seshed out, and lively. That said, no one was looking to strike up conversations with people they didnā€™t know already but a lot of people knew each other it seemed. I went solo, dropped a rack in gear, smoked a joint and bounced. I knew what I wanted in advance and talked to some of the vendors on social media beforehand so I was happy with what I got. I can imagine going to browse with no internet access to do research would be frustrating tho.

My guess is as these events continue and after NYers have more time under their belts as homegrowers people will be more open and have more to talk about at these events. I know Iā€™ll be more social after I feel competent enough as a grower to not fuck up my grow and have some nugs to show for it and share :sunglasses:

The new community will just take a little bit of time to get there and come out of itā€™s shell. Hopefully that happens before big business comes in to shit on the party. At least at this point itā€™s independent breeders and growers working together with solid genetics at grassroot events.

6 Likes

@HappyTrees23s have you seen Harlem Dream seeds available online, or was that exclusive to the event?

1 Like

Last I saw piff coast said coming soon back in April on the Harlem dreams seeds. I think he had some piff S2 seeds available at the gene traders event tho.

3 Likes

He posted up on IG a list of his next seed run in his timeline last week I would think he will have some ready by either the next genetraders event in NYC in December or Piff Con in January.

3 Likes

On IG he posted something in it. But he definetly had beans at the show and you could take a pull of it out of a 6 foot PIFF bong he had there.
Im gonna message him on IG when I have the extra money for a pack as I know he had them last weekend. Now its all I can think about :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Its smell was like a piffy musk with a heavy blueberry note. Like your nose would go back and forth trying to decide. Same with taste.
Im so stupid for not getting a pack. He might have even had cuts there. I didnt ask cause I knew I couldnt afford one.

2 Likes

As much as I donā€™t want to, and as much as Iā€™ve resisted it for years, I may need to get on IG. Not quite there yet, but getting close.

2 Likes

I was only on to post photos of mountians and scenery from where I live few years back.
Thats what I thought IG was about. Just nice pics people posted with a tag so others could find it. Then I left for a long time. I came back and now its filled with all sorts of stuff. Mostly half naked women and bud shots. Lots of breeders and Dealers on there. My friend now uses it to make deals with people cause he sells. I cant believe what happend to it :laughing:

But honestly its one of the only places besides here that I can find a pic and info on a strain I like. Bodhi and Doc, or Magic Spirit Seed co. Post all their girls up. Most have comments underneath with grow time info and terps. That side of IG, I love.
Plus I can directly contact breeders for info and or beans. They usaually give you an email, but its nice to hear from the person who made what you want.

3 Likes

Itā€™s good for following certain people and connecting with them. You donā€™t have to participate by posting anything, those days are over for me lol. Itā€™s such a huge market/community though that breeders and growers really canā€™t ignore it.

3 Likes

Ok nyc next event Iā€™ll be there Wearing a shirt that says papalag overgrow and opengrow on it I think thatā€™ll draw some attention

3 Likes

NYC is to crowded for me I want the hayfield type events lmao

2 Likes

Lolol perfectā€¦an ā€œI GROW WEED AND Iā€™M HERE TO TALK ABOUT ITā€ t-shirt will probably solve the problem.

3 Likes

Damn. I wish I had an OG shirt :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but Im not even sure Ill be abke to make it. If I do however, ill post a pic of the shirt Ill be wearing.
Better yet, Ill actually have service in NYC Iā€™ll just shoot you PM like im over by the ___tent or whatever

1 Like

This hemp act is interesting to me. Is there a place that I can read up on that Hemp act and how it relates to clones and seeds. Iā€™m from north of the wall, but sis lives in NY. Iā€™d like to know what I can feel safe bringing with me on a visit.

1 Like

@JJDawg11

I think the NY .gov website has more details. Or the US post office website.
Every state has their own laws when it comes to cannabis, and to bring it over state lines is still prohibited. Seeds however are allowed and clones because they contain less the 0.3 percent THC. It was declared in order to allow the US to grow hemp again. Hemp was outlawed many years ago because cannabis was. Since they were in the same family, hemp wasnt allowed to be grown either.

We used to have many hemp growers in the states. We used it for many things including the ropes we used on our Naval ships. Because we could no longer grow it however, we started spending money having it imported from other countries. It is rediculous. Finally around 2017 or 2018 the hemp act was written which allowed farmers to grow hemp again. It containes less then 0.3 or 0.03 % THC so that was how the act was written. Anything under is fine. As seeds and clones are also under that percentage, they are allowed. And the US post office has said on their website that the will ship them as it is allowed.

Whats strange is as of now in NY we can GIFT not sell up to an ounce, we are allowed to have up to 5 lbs, yes pounds of cannabis flower in our homes legally. You can also have 3 ounces on your person at anytime legally. And we can smoke anywhere in public you can smoke a cigarette.
BUT we still are not able to legally grow.
Which begs to ask the question, where do the lawmakers expect us to get our cannabis ? How can I have 5 lbs on my property but Im not allowed to grow or import yet ? Hmmmmā€¦

I may be wrong on a few things there and that is why its important to do your own reserch.
If your really curious it is easy to find online.
I dont want you to think that you can bring flower over state lines thou. That is definetly not allowed yet. Even if the state is legal I think it still isnt allowed. I dont even think you can take it from a legal state to another legal state yet.

Also they will stop the importation of seeds and clones if the border finds it. Even in a letter. It isnt allowed without a form. I forget which form it is, but I have had beans taken out and confiscated by the border when someone sent some to Me from another country. No legal actions where taken, but they left me a letter in the envelope explaining in legal terms why it was confiscated and how to do it next time.

2 Likes