General Ethics FAQ

Exactly that.

Sometimes people are just tired of being PMd for free seeds and hounded in their threads about them that they would just not have everyone one know that they had a few seeds to share with someone.

Which is why we don’t heavily moderate seed trade and at one point, I believe we had it outlawed as well

We just had a member catch a good long ban for spamming posts and PM’s with posts about wanting free seeds

6 Likes

My strategy is to just give and or trade with no expectations of return. Sometimes a person might not complete a trade but in most cases I beleive its that seeds get lost in postage or taken by customs/border nazis.

With the lost in postage ones it’s probably because alot of a wrong address on the envelope! I have found that when I get given an address it is likely to be in the wrong format or incomplete. Snail mail is probably something that isnt the norm anymore so people could be losing touch with its formatting.

11 Likes

I don’t think I’ve been shafted once yet, now I’m probably bad juju’d myself.
Except I think the postmaster lifted a pack of general ho that was to go some where.
I figured if I ever did they needed them worse than me.

If they’re a breeder they don’t want the publicity over what, seeds.

2 Likes

Everyone has been polite to me about it. But I do not trade much. Many will have more trades in their 1st month here than my whole stay. I only want what i can run right away, I am not into hoarding of seeds, just not my style. Takes me a few runs to ferret out good stuff anyways, so I go a bit slower. Taking 50 seeds per week is not my thing, but have nothing against it as long as the gifter does not care.

6 Likes