General questions with knowledgeable answers

I am brand new to indoor growing where you have to half to monitor your environment alone along with everything else I’m trying to make this Post to where I can post just everyday questions and get some expert advice even if you’re not considered an expert please hes chimen especially if you know what you’re talking about

2 Likes

Can I Defoliate my autoflower while it’s in flower I’ve got a few leaves casting a shadow on a few colas should I take them or leave them

2 Likes

Might help you if you try the search feature on top right of page. The answers you seek are almost certainly already on the site. For your first question I searched defoliate auto and found this.

8 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. Lol

4 Likes

Thankx man Yeah I’m brand new to the site and to indoor or trying to figure everything out thanks for the response I will do that 1st

7 Likes

If you have specific questions feel free to ask. And the search function is also your friend.

:+1:

4 Likes

No worries X, I’ve been here for a couple years and I’m still tripping over stuff that’s new to me.

Oh yeah, welcome to Overgrow!! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

No problem at all bud, can take a bit to learn to navigate a new site. We were all new here once, welcome to OG :v:

2 Likes

Yes absolutely Just don’t take off tooooo many leaves :slight_smile:

I defol my autos well into flower without issues :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s really up to you. No right or wrong. But Dr. Bruce Bugbee (look up his YouTube videos) recommends only defoliating for airflow as it helps against rot and with disease control.

Plucking A few leaves never hurt, if it serves a purpose :seedling::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Got some leaves crisping up on a few of the branches but only the very bottom layer

Trying to upload pic now

Yellow lowers I’ll pull usually. The plant is moving its energy usage upwards and eventually the lowers will yellow and wither as they get less light / nutes.

Too much / too young might be an issue though. Waitin on pics to see …

2 Likes

It’s in day 10-15 of flower

Defoliations are excellent to do anywhere between 3-5 weeks in flower depending on preference, I do a minimal clean up of mine right before flip and again at a month into flower then the week before harvest I clean ALL the rest off

1 Like

Got a new issue Came out this morning and found this hopefully localized to one new earthbox Also 1st time I’m using warm castings

Are they spider mites or?

And there only where the hole was in the earthbox cover