General use Gardening thread

Awesome man dm me when time comes I’m super intrigued with the darker color tomatoes and basically anything new. I’m going to start all mine next year for the gardens. This year I bought some already planted. I have the poblano seeds I could send out. Dm your post info and you got them otw man.

3 Likes

So, I’m watering the Luffa pots, and showering the plants greenery, my silly experiment, to try and grow a portion of my indoor medium mix, I make each cycle.
On the far left of this pic, I spy a worker, and wow is he/she PISSED!

Covered in water droplets, mad as hell, and just glaring at me!
Like WTF are doing with the shower dude?

10 Likes

You’re growing the luffa as part of your compost mix or what?

2 Likes

Picked 6 lbs 7 oz of black berries today.! Nice haul. :wink: the rain gods were good to us last week :clap: :raised_hands: :cloud_with_rain:.

21 Likes

Guess im growing large Watermelon next spring.

20 Likes

Edit ** dmed
@CADMAN

2 Likes

Thats awesome man. Thats a big one.!

2 Likes

Those are beauties!!

I wonder if those seeds would suffer the same way our other seeds can in postal rollers…

2 Likes

Candy Cane pepper

20 Likes

Those look Realllllllllly yummy

3 Likes

They are surprisingly sweet, you can eat them by the handful lol!

4 Likes

If you save some seeds lmk id love to try my hand at them

2 Likes

I have plenty if you’d like some.

6 Likes

Could i dm you

2 Likes

Thanks btw!

1 Like

I’d love to try some too, if you have enough, and if that’s cool?

We just got a cotton candy maker, maybe we can trick the kids into eating a pepper with the name :joy::grin:

3 Likes

I sent Paws the remaining of my seeds. I will harvest some seeds and once they are dry I will get back with you and send them out. Be about 6 weeks or so.

4 Likes

Well yeah, I started these Luffa, for the purpose, to use them as part of my medium.
I use and love coco husks, but as all prices raise up, I just wanted to find an alternative for them. Plus there is the 6-7000 miles husks travel to to get to me.
Anyway, probably a stupid idea, but the only way I’ll know, is to do it.
Buying them already, stripped and cleaned they are WAY to expensive, to even consider using them as medium.
Or I’ve been handling coco coir, and coco husks for so long now, I’m just a coconut, nut bag!! LOL!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this actually qualifies as gardening: These are four tomato plants that are totally and completely volunteers. I’ve lived in this building nearly 30 years and to my knowledge there has never been a garden in this part of the yard. In fact, there hasn’t been a vegetable garden anywhere in our backyard for at least 20 years, probably longer.

Initially I thought all of the plants were cherry tomatoes, a round variety and an elongated one. Today, however, I saw that one of the plants has larger tomatoes. I’ve been eating on the two kinds of cherry tomatoes for a couple of weeks and they have been :yum:! I’ll just have to wait on the larger tomato.

The cherry tomato plants are rooted under that white plastic chair. The other plant has grown under the laundry room’s drier vent. All tomatoes will definitely be lint free at the time of consumption!

So here’s my adventure in not gardening!

The last two photos are of the plant with the larger tomato, clearly an elongated variety.

17 Likes

The large ones look like romas

3 Likes