Gettin' stiicky and stankin' up the 'hood

Yh I guessing the seeds were one of the earlier outdoor plants, breed by someone with limited space, or possibly from switzerland late 80s. Im gonna try get my hands on the seeds, should still be able to get in touch with the dude. Would love to grow some to make em pollinate some newer genetics.

1 Like

I scored a clone (actually 6) in '91 that was from Super Sativa Seed Club stock called “Basic 5”. It was everything and more. Devastatingly potent. Skunky. Pine/cedar/dank. Yields were crap but it was so strong folks came back time and time again. I couldn’t keep up with demand.

Damn that bud rot. I’m glad I don’t deal with that here >much<. Had one really wet Fall a few years ago and sprayed Regalia…and that seemed to nix it/prevent it. No fun.

I have a Bruce going here from clone. Doin well…hopefully she’ll add a bit more bulk/etc in her last week+. Smelling very nice. Never smoked it before.

I’ll list what I have going later. I think there’s 17 strains.

1 Like

No was just a bud light bottle I used to show how big. Not mine since stopped drinking.

2 Likes

Yea, when you got a little time to look if any fem Kush seeds, triangle, would love. Plus being indica dominant they should finish faster than these sativa’s driving me nuts. If there is something you’re searching for let me know,so I can keep an eye out. Any particular cross, strains. Thanks bud…

I got a Blueberry cut from a friend who ran a medical dispensary in Denver in 2004 that was >super< terpy/mouth-coating kinda stuff. 5 minutes after a hit you could still taste it. It wasn’t circulated/sold in the store cus it didn’t yeild and wasn’t very dense…but it was frosty and smelled like it tasted and had a good stone to it.

It’s been forever since I bought any kush genetics. There are definitely some fast cultivars out there. There are also some sativas that are fast(er) than you’d think.

1 Like

“Smackers” (Black Grape Dum Dum x Las Vegas Triangle Kush) @ roughly 65 days. (Same plant as in post # 1 + 10 more days) Frosted dank goodness. Very terpy but I can’t place it yet. Maybe with the trim it’ll hit me. She’s comin’ down.

Weather is holding so I’m gonna take 1 or 2 a day so it doesn’t drive me totally insane. :crazy_face: I don’t do the close-in “trim for sale” trimming anymore…so there is that…and the hash bags get their fair share too if things loose density down low/etc.

A great finish to a great pack of fems. Every plant…worthy of it’s space in the garden. Yet another chucker who may have hung it up due to the rush of so many folks trying to cash in while they can.

3 Likes

Wow,I love the structure of those flowers, pretty unique. Strain sounds tasty also. I really gotta look into that RV washer to make some bubble. I know you use your freeze dryer for it,so for me once I wash and collect the goods,do I just scoop and dump onto a cookie sheet to dry. Chop it up with a card and spread out? Thanks man,I know your knee deep in sticky :scissors: :yum:

I always wash the hash down to a strawberry in the bottom of the bag with a light stream from the sink…then I grab the bag and lightly squeeze. You might even use a towel on your hand while holding the bag to collect a bit of the moisture. NOT hard pressure…kinda just hold it and lightly press. If it’s super baby shit wet it takes forever to dry. I then would dump the hash/scrape the hash off the bag and onto a silicone tray…and chop it like it’s cocaine with a blade. Do this daily. Chop it/move it around. Resist making “Temple Balls” or patties/etc. In your climate if it isn’t dry it will mold inside. Back there I might try a fan in the room
Our climates are so different…and I’ve never made it anywhere but here…so it’s hard to fully guide ya.

1 Like

“Octane Mint Sorbet” came down today. This was a clone from TCB in Durango.

Not a lot of gas or fruit smell but it is kinda dank/interesting. Nice, dense, frosty buds. Frostiest of the 3 clones I ran from TCB. (OMS, Thin Mint Cookies, and Cherry Pie)

No that’s perfect info,did not know about mold. If I do it in a few weeks temps will be in 60s and 39 at night. So I’ll get a silicone mat,fan,and chop keif lines till dry. Thanks bud!

Love the fade on the leaves,no mint smells from her?

Everything is slight…but there. More mint than anything, I’d say. The fade is plant specific, IMO. You’ll hear guys (who don’t know…LOL) say that temps under 60 will turn >everything< colorful/etc. Not true. Some just stay green. You CAN get em to “fade” by not watering em but it’s a more BROWN (dead) leaf fade…LOL.

You’ll just have to play with the hash. It WILL dry. It just takes forever. I bought the FD cus when I run a batch I run a big batch. I laughed seeing someone talk of dropping 10 ounces in the washer. I do 2 packed FULL 1- gal zips per load. No idea of the dry weight cus it’s frozen off the stick…but we used to call em “pound Ziplocks”. From that I see about 2 oz of hash. I just got tired of fuckin with it and the wife got tired of it on the counter. Enter “the Freeze Dryer”. LOL.