MWgrower’s Organic Outdoor 2021

Thanks for stopping by! I’ve been waiting to start my next run until I got a new grow space and get it set up but I’m getting low on smoke and feel incomplete when I’m not growing so I decided to run some outdoors this year. Waiting on a few things to show up before I start the rest, but as of now I’ve got 2x Sour Diesel x Lemon Skunk and 2x DarkStar germinating. I’ve always gotta keep an assortment on hand so I will eventually be popping a few other strains as well. A HUGE thank you to @corey for his kindness and generosity sharing what should be some killer strains, I really appreciate ya. I will be growing in 10 gal fabric pots with my own organic soil blend that has been recycled and re-amended for this run with Build-A-Soil’s craft blend and some worm castings. It was just easier to buy their craft blend vs. buying all my amendments individually right now. I’ll be using homemade knf inputs as well. If I happen to find a nice male I may end up making some beans for funsies. I also have a decent veggie/herb/fruit garden every year, but I’ll post that stuff in a separate thread down the road. Gotta do some rearranging and rebuilding before all those plants get in the ground this year though. I guess that’s all that I’ve got for right now, thanks again for dropping by and I’ll post updates along the way for whoever feels like following along​:call_me_hand::seedling::green_heart:

17 Likes

Good luck. Sounds like a great grow. I’ll be here on the sidelines, taking it all in and learning. :wave:

3 Likes

Ill hang around and watch. Good luck with your grow. :smiley:

3 Likes

Over the hills and through the woods, I find myself here. Gonna claim that stump over there. Good luck in all things related to this project, I’m rooting for ya. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: FYI, I heard a bunch of chatter on the way here, many more headed this way!!!

3 Likes

Thanks y’all, here’s hoping it’s a great year with minimal issues or setbacks🤞Btw, the seedlings will be staying indoors the next few weeks while they get started and I’ll start hardening em off when I’m as sure as I can be that the weather is gonna stay warm enough

6 Likes

I plan on doing outdoor next year, so I’ll be staying tuned here to learn a thing or two :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’ve grown cannabis outdoors probably 5 years now, I’ve got more indoor runs under my belt tbh. But I’ve also been growing veggies, herbs, and flowers outdoors forever. I started helping my Ma in the garden as soon as I could walk, by the time I was in high school we’d compete with each other and each take a bed on either side of the yard, plant what we wanted and see who’s looked better at the height of summer. So who knows, maybe you’ll pick something up here😄 I’ve always grown organically, except for a couple years when I gave synthetics a try. I just didn’t know much about the soil food web and the microbiology of soil until I got back into growing organically the last time

8 Likes

I started growing the same way-

Looking forward to seeing your outdoor game…

3 Likes

So far both of the DarkStar have germinated but neither of the SDxLS have. I’ll give em a bit more time before I start trying to help them along

5 Likes

Good news! Both of the Sour D x Lemon Skunk also popped. Now 3 out of 4 are in soil and the last one isn’t far behind here

5 Likes

All four seeds are up above the soil now. I had to help out the SDxLS by cracking the shells but they’ve been pretty vigorous since. On another note I started all my seeds for the veggie garden too early​:roll_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Everything is looking good there neighbor! Keep it up and you will grow some trees!

2 Likes

Thanks brother. Obviously I do want some trees to an extent but I prefer to keep my outdoor plants under 6’ cause nobody except immediate neighbors can see em then and I know that all of them are cool cause I’ve talked to most of em about it and have been growing here for 4 years now

3 Likes

It’s nice to have cool neighbors because they can really cause you trouble if they want too.
I’m gonna do everything I can to keep my plants around 5’ this year as well.

3 Likes

SDxLS #1 SDxLS #2 DarkStar #1 DarkStar #2
They’re all wet cause they got a quick mist when I opened up the greenhouse.
I know it’s not too exciting cause they’re just seedlings but I’m excited anyway. I haven’t run anything since last years outdoor and I have sincerely felt like a part of me was just missing. Like a piece of my soul was just stuck in purgatory or something. But not any more😁 I just very carefully cracked the shells on the Ancestral Skunk and Uncle Fester’s Skunk#18 after their soak and 24 hours in their germination chamber. If seeds are old or just have thick shells or are otherwise difficult to germinate I generally do a quick h2o2 soak before proceeding as usual and put some LABS in their water for germination. Kelp extract is good too but I don’t have any right now. But if seeds haven’t cracked by 48 hours in(between the soak and regular germination) I carefully crack the shell myself and generally have a taproot within 12-24 hours, assuming the seeds are viable. No need for a seed cracker, I use a wide pair of tweezers and my fingers. I choke up on the tweezers and slowly increase pressure until I hear a slight crack or see a small crack form along the ridge. Put it back into germination and off she goes. I apologize for the rambling, blame it on the oversized gummy and a couple cups of coffee this am🤪

10 Likes

Good stuff…
I’m gonna keep an eye out!!
Need to learn more KNF tech.
Going out this week on IMO collection, this will be my 3rd. , had pretty good results on the Fall and Winter collections.
Do you plan on posting pics on your KNF stuff?

Grace and Peace
Iggy

2 Likes

Will do when I make some more. I’m all stocked on FPJ, FFJ and Aloe atm but I need to work on IMO, OHN and some WSC and WSP. I eventually want to do some Fish Aminos too but I’m just using some I bought for now. I just started getting into KNF/MNF last year. Also gotta get my bokashi bucket going again and make another batch of bran as well. And start a worm bed. Man I’ve gotta lot to get going😄 stick around and I’ll post as I get to stuff. I’ve been kind of twiddling my thumbs waiting for the chance of a freeze to fully pass

2 Likes

Just a quick update, I’ll get some better pics in the next few weeks as these babies progress. Not much exciting to see for now still. All the seeds germinated except for the 2 Ancestral Skunks, neither of those popped unfortunately and if a seed is viable I can get it to pop. I’ve dealt with more than enough stubborn seeds in my day. My first solo grow I ran numerous old genetics. The oldest was some Panama Red seeds from a buddy’s friend in the late 70’s/early 80’s. I’m not sure if they were bag seeds or if he had created F2s from bag seed or how he got them. Anyway, they’d been stored on a shelf in a film canister since that time and I got those to germinate. So it feels weird to have to give up on something because it just won’t grow. So in total I’ve got 2 x DarkStar, 2x Sour Diesel x Lemon Skunk, 2x Mowie Wowie Cherry Bomb, 2x Deep Chunk/Kandahar Black Afghani x NL1 and 2x Uncle Fester’s Skunk #18. I’m probably gonna grab a couple cuts of some hype strains that somebody offered me just for shits. Some Slurricane, Birthday Poop and a couple others

4 Likes

All the babies are doing pretty well, still too early for anybody to show me their bits yet. Group shot of em today and the solo pic is a Mowie Wowie Cherry Bomb that is displaying some really cool leaf structure/serrations

4 Likes

looking great I’m trying outdoor this year for real for the first time also only grow organic I was thinking about the same build a soil blend I need to get my worms back kicking anyway looking great so far

2 Likes