Getting ready for OD

I just finished reading your thread, @Oldjoints. Very cool. I was thinking about your lass from last year. Any chance you could run some fans on them once they buds are getting larger? That thought was actually before I see how tall they are this year, lol. Best vibes on the flower season! Mine have mostly all started. peace

4 Likes

@Oldjoints , magnificent job, these are impressive!
Will they finish in time before the weather changes?

2 Likes

That’s the thing about growing OD. It depends on when the weather changes and when the first frosts start, or if we get weeks of rain and molds the buds. It’s a crapshoot but a definite winning hand if conditions favor us. Last year I gambled with Indica’s and was rewarded with mold and had to cut early. This year I gamble with Sativa’s and hope they finish in time.
Time will tell………… :hourglass_flowing_sand:

7 Likes

I plan to try outside next year (at least two sativa leaning plants). Around here all I have is hard clay and rock. It works out that I’ll have to grow in 25 gal pots (larger if necessary) . I have a wide door and a heavy duty furniture dolly. I also have a room with 12’ growing height and more than enough lights to keep them going. If it gets too damp near harvest I’ll be ready.

4 Likes

Think I’m gonna invest in a couple 25 gallon pots at the end of this season for next year. I wanna try to grow a tree in a planter.
This year I have a 6 1/2 footer in a 7 gallon pot outside. Need more room for bigger roots.
Or maybe I can get my wife to sew one up for me. If I can find non woven fabric.

3 Likes

That’s the ticket right there.

1 Like

Those look killer brother Great Grow :metal: :metal: :metal:

2 Likes

Looking awesome! I’ve been thinking about clipping fake tomatoes or sunflowers on the tops that extend beyond the cover of my fence. I’m set back and mostly obstructed from the road a ways that may be good enough.

2 Likes

Gelato, Gold Leaf, Grandaddy Purple. Two are doing well. Unfortunately I didn’t get them out until June. Last year I had them out in May. Granddaddy will be moved indoors to finish it’s run. It had a late start too.

9 Likes

The other day we had a bad storm. Went out in the morning to find that my 8ft plant had broke and split about 21/2 ft above the soil with the whole top on the ground. With some surgey and patience I was able to splint where it had split and add a few supports at the base. I also staked it as it was leaning pretty bad after the storm.

14 Likes

Nice surgery OJ.
Thats a heartbreaker when you see your baby laying on the ground like that. She will be fine tho. I have put mine back together like that. It will be back to normal in a couple days.

6 Likes

Yep I agree!
On another note I have about half of those babies in soil now………

13 Likes

Dang Boiii.
Thats pretty quick. They look good too.

2 Likes

Which are those ? ISS?

1 Like

Yes and a few Skywalker and a C99

3 Likes

Here is my Skywalker clone.

10 Likes

Niiiiice brother!

1 Like

She has been topped twice. Giving her a few weeks to grow some legs and she will go into flower.

2 Likes

Here is the Buddhas Cane that had a ruff little start. She will be fine.

6 Likes

Yes she is looking good bro!

4 Likes