Getting ready for OD

It is just just starting to bud. Raining here or I would snap some pics. The other plants around it have caught up or surpassed it in size. Pics coming soon……

2 Likes

Just a quick update on my OD plants. The DJ Short Blueberry is the wide multi branched plant. The other 3 plants are replacements that have had to catch up and now have surpassed the size of the DJ Blueberry as far as height. All of these are now starting to flower:

16 Likes

The DJ Short Blueberry is looking good ! Do you have any support for those tops ? they start getting heavy .

1 Like

I will if need be!
Maybe some underwire bra’s? J/K

3 Likes

Looking good!!! :muscle::muscle::muscle:

2 Likes

That yard is looking great OJ!!!

3 Likes

Great work @Oldjoints! Love the structure on all of your plants. Your BB looks like it might finish mid September

Nice looking plants.

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. I will update this in a couple of weeks……

1 Like

I love your space :revolving_hearts:
:green_heart: :seedling:

Plants are looking great man. :slight_smile: I’ve always heard that the original Blueberry was temperamental, and tricky to grow. What’s your experience been with it?
:guitar:

1 Like

I have grown the original Blueberry back in the 90’s that was a sativa. The strain was known for having twisted leaves and fussy as hell but the flavor was fantastic and had a strong blueberry flavor with a long lasting clear headed high.
This version is not as fussy with its nutrient intake and is a lot easier to grow. But it doesn’t have that strong flavor that the sativa version did. You can get a hint of it in the exhale but nothing like the sativa version of years ago. It does have a very earthy/hashy taste and is still a pleasant smoke but this version is an Indica and does finish faster but lacks the flavor of it’s first version. All in all it is worth the grow but not special enough for me to keep a mother of it.

2 Likes

A quick update of the girls now in flower:

The last one is my DJ Short Blueberry. This is the same seed I sent out just a few weeks ago to a few folks.

14 Likes

Cool! Loving your outdoor grow. @Oldjoints
:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

@Oldjoints your plants have very interesting statures. Did you do any trimming or anything?

Yes I did top the blueberry twice. But the other plants were replaced twice so I didn’t have time to train this 3rd batch of 3 plants and had to let them do their thing without any training……

2 Likes

A quick update on my OD plants:

15 Likes

Looks great @Oldjoints

1 Like

Thank you……

1 Like

So it was time to take the DJ Short Blueberry down for harvest. While trimming I noticed small spots of mold (botrytis). Went out to the plants and they all seem to have spots of mold. Sooooo instead of a formal trim I prepped the Blueberry for bubblehash. I have a little over 2/3 of a plant prepped and have made some bubble with it. All the OD plants will now be processed into bubble.

I got 40 grams off 2/3 of the Blueberry:

18 Likes