Getting ready for OD

Thanks bro…….

3 Likes

You’re gonna need a bigger combine!

2 Likes

@Oldjoints those tall ones look pretty serious!

have you taken any cuttings? those things have just…cruised. you might want them back :slightly_smiling_face:

cheers to @JohnnyPotseed for the beans! :+1:

6 Likes

I have not taken any as of yet, and that’s not a bad idea actually. Thanks for that!

5 Likes

Storm damage fix:

Went outside this morning to find one of my big girls laying down, this was an easy fix. A couple support stakes driven on the ground and tied to the main stalk and one support guide opposite the way it went down:

My smaller 7-8 ft plant had one of it’s three major tops break out with little holding on so I first taped some cut wooden dowels to the stalk and taped the hell out of it:

Next I used whole wooden dowels to support that top by using the other two tops as support by using whole dowels in a triangle taping it to stalks. This will allow the whole top to act as one aiding support to the broken top:

14 Likes

Found your thread. Actually thought you did not have a thread. I will read through it this morning.
Kinda sad about the storm damage. I had a Cinderella 99 that took a beating early in the spring. I taped her up at the split. She broke again. I taped it again. She broke again. I left it alone. Now there is a big knuckle where the branch almost separated. These girls are resilient as hell.

6 Likes

No doubt about it bro! That 8 footers branch was broke 95% of the way through and barely holding on. A few splints and some tape and now it’s standing tall and looks like nothing happened.

4 Likes

Good read brother.
I have a question for those outside girls. What do you use for branch and bud support later in the season. I have two outside plants. A Cinderella 99 and an Ice Cream Cake that I am sure will need support. Specially the C99. She is about 7 feet tall and her branches are very thin.

3 Likes

It depends a lot on the plant and how it grows. If I can use the maim stalk I will tie the side branches to the main stalk about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way out the branch making sure it is tied to a higher spot on the main. If that is not possible due to thin main I will use a tall stalk like bamboo or metal stake and drive it in the ground near the main stem and use that as a main support to tie the branches to.

4 Likes

@Oldjoints you’re growing some seriously awesome Christmas trees! :christmas_tree: great stuff man. They’re beautiful! :heart_eyes:

Easiest thing to do is drive some bamboo into the ground around the plant and lash together a trellis with more bamboo. Alternatively, you can drive a few T-bar posts around the plant and put some netting, weaving the smaller branches through the net and tying down the main branches to the net and posts.

2 Likes

I know where a bunch of bamboo is. Im a go get me abot 15 or 20 dead sticks.

2 Likes

Bonus points if you use a samurai sword
LQ-cut
Or fight a panda
ezgif.com-gif-maker

2 Likes

I was gonna be like Danny Trejo and use a MACHETE.

6 Likes

I met the man before he was famous in South Dallas. the only word that comes to mind is ASSHOLE!

4 Likes

Those are some serious trees great grow brother :metal: :metal: :metal:

4 Likes

Here is a pic of the early pheno, she is just starting to form her main cola’s:

12 Likes

Beautiful man :metal: :metal: :metal:

5 Likes

Love this thread man. Tuned in and listening. I enjoyed how you showed just how amazingly strong and resilient this plant is. Ive come to appreciate a bend or a slight break, and in turn has led to some possibly successful experiments, IMO. May your harvest be bountiful! :pray:

1 Like

My outside plants are starting to put on her budsites. Not as far along as yours tho. Those are purty.

2 Likes

Only the one pheno is that far along. The other three are still in preflower……

1 Like