Gg#4 grow (4x4) hlg 550 v 2

Hey all just started growing after about a year , have never used liquid nutrients but an starting now. hlg 550 v 2 in a 4x4 , 2 clip on fans , inkbird temp + humidity controller , humidifer , inline 6 inch w carbon filter , let me water sit for a day and just started phin to 6.5 . when i transplanted my little guys to 1 and 5 gal containers i used to 2 tsp roots organic slow realease nutes but its been about a week and my plants still look like shit . im tempted to feed them with my liquid nutes the humbolts secrets but dont wanna over do it and wanted imput from u growers before i make any move . i had my light turned up to high today and just put it down to 3 clicks from 4 on my hlg 550 v2

any help appreciated ! im at a loss

16 Likes

was gonna do a full flush at 6.5 ph and check the ppms of run off . after that was gonna let em dry for a day or 2 nd switch to bottle liquid nutes . did 2 tsp or uprising grow roots organics and a good handful of worm castings + great white to 10 gallons of soil and used that for what i have here!

1 Like

They are not looking particularly bad… like maybe a ‘2’ .

I found the slow release stuff tricky to use… and don’t use it anymore…
I assume it is soil you are growing in (going by the ingredients).

My advice would be to go with the flush and dry out. Then top dress in some fresh EWC and water that in. Perhaps lessen the light intensity until you feel you are over the issue.

If you aren’t ‘in’ on the long running LITFA joke around here, time to become familiar… :smirk:

Cheers
G

9 Likes

lollll definitly need to lifta i appreicate it man lemme go check your threads thats was funny .

1 Like

run off at 7.1 ph. theory - watchin my plants to close and need to LIFTA. will update in about 3 days

3 Likes

Yeah definitely keep an eye on the pH and get it in the 6.5 range. Try to let them dry out too between waterings and not to over do it.

You grow those from seed or are they the original JW cut? I love GG4

4 Likes

Definitely don’t add more nutes, those are still small enough where a good rich soil or your one feeding should be fine.
I would make sure you aren’t overwatering, they won’t drink a ton of water until they get full grown.

3 Likes

Nothing to add to what has already been said, other than welcome to OG!

4 Likes

they are the jw cut , someone i know whos been growing for a while got a clone from joesy himself before he passed. plant i got my clone from has been goin for 9 years.

2 Likes

okay for sure , i actually have been very careful with the water since the 2 5 gal plants should really be in 1 gal i just didnt have any. so ive been watering those 2 a lot less. feeling the soil to see how damp it is

Nice, I had the JW a few years ago and adored it before I lost it. Amazing meds for pain and sleep. Been trying to get that one back really hard. Feed her lots of calcium in veg too, she really likes that but not a lot of nitrogen. She likes more phosphorus and potassium in veg than what other strains like, but the main thing is keeping your pH in range or it won’t matter much what you feed cause she’ll be locked out. Red streaks in the stems are an indicator she is hungry. The occasional leaf twist or crinkle in her leaves is one of her traits and is normal.

4 Likes

I’d try to get RH up a bit. I see 29% in one pic. Agree on reducing light intensity a bit while they figure it out. I think they’ll out grow this and be fine I’d just make sure sure environment is the best you can get it…and make sure you’re not overwatering. You got this.

3 Likes

will totally send you a few cuts out . he wanted it to be shared and not sold

4 Likes

and for sure man i am seeing it get worse and worse , gonna start this new nute line monday and it does have the leaf twist sometimes lol thats funny. rh is usually at 29 but with a humidifer i can get it to 40

1 Like

thank you man i really appreciate it

two teaspoons for the entire ten gallons? what even is the soil/media, exactly?

you’re in fabric pots, and I see a lot of perlite. not much risk for over-water. if anything, moister media could help with your very-low humidity.

2 Likes

yes this stuff calls for very little

3 Likes

That would be amazing, brother. I’d be glad to send you back anything in my seed collection if there’s something that interests you.

She’s a really hardy plant, does well outdoors and is fairly mold resistant. It’s hard for me to find good pain meds that will thrive in my region without rotting come fall. A trick with your mother plants is to put them outside for the summer and take cuttings right before flower. The clones off it will be reinvigorated. This was an outdour GG4 JW I ran before I lost it…

13 Likes

looks like some recovery is happening , fed them with 1 gallon of the humbolts secrets mix a and b , golden tree , plant enzymes and calmag. low dose not very strong.
next day fed them till runoff with 1 tsp mycro to get the soil going and sprayed them with 0-0-17 maxicrop seaweed to help recovery and the runoff ph was 6.6 - 6.7 all around. gonna LIFTA till they are rather dry and do 1 more full water till runoff. after that will be a water feed water feed type scedule.

8 Likes

love to see them getting back to how it should :heart_eyes:

8 Likes