GG4 (bagseed)

Welcome to my grow with a bagseed of a high caliber, GG4. I’m not sure if it’s a random S1 or a creation from stray pollen of another plant. I say this because there is an overwhelming mandarin scent that I am picking up in the forefront with the initial whiff but the overpowering background is GG4 funk. Whatever I found here I decided to clone and that is exactly what this grow will be on.

You better believe I took 3 more cuts and two have rooted and starting to put on new growth.
The third is an experiment as seen in the photo below.

Here is a photo of one of the tops from the bagseed I grew in another topic titled “my poorly planned grow w/quality seeds +1 bagseed”. But on a side note I will say this is a potent, terpy and quality smoke. Good down to the ash and every hit gives you that headband feeling and sweat mustache to follow. Brings about a good mood and well-being feeling which is perfect for some of my needs.

32 Likes

Cool man. Grew many a bagseed. My bagseed stash was my prized possession. Too bad I didn’t know how to store them. I remember in the not too distant past popping 50+ seeds and getting three to germ. Live and learn. This was pre fridge /freezer and inkbirds of course. Good luck on the grow.

4 Likes

Looks like quality stash! GG S1s I finished up were top notch smoke. Keep it up, love the op!

2 Likes

I don’t know what that means, but for some reason I have the strong feeling of envy. Stay green.

2 Likes

I like a Cinderella story… bagseed is the underdog of the seed world… I grew a black domina bagseed couple years back… dam ting was tupac in a plant lol…

I underestimated it, never took cuts and that plant is no more…

But ish best of luck :+1: :ok_hand: :wink:

9 Likes

Nice. Hope you S1 it.

1 Like

You did good!! :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: CONGRATS!! :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Nice find :muscle:

1 Like

My first ever grow was some random bag seed I think it was runtz related but who knows lol but sounds like a killer plant!

1 Like

Bagseeds are where it’s at. I’ve gad excellent individuals come from bagseed. I’m running purple kush bagseed atm. Fun not knowing what will pop up.

1 Like

What I was trying to describe was the side effect I get after a good hit. Right where your upper lip is a lot of sweat will develop and usually that’s a good sign of a potent smoke.

1 Like

Here are the two tiny clones from the beginning of this post. This plant clones easy and at any size. Smallest clone taken was about 1.5-2 inches tall but is now in full flower which I’ll post later this evening. But just amazing, the resiliency of this GG4 bagseed.

2 Likes

So my clones are doin great and I may need to make some more with the bigger branchier plant. Otherwise they clone easy and are hardy growers. Got another one in flower now starting on week 7 of flower and she smells great!!!
Random question- how many times can you clone a clone till the plant is not really any good anymore or does the plant retain its potential in each clone every time as long as it’s grown good??

And check out this experiment that turned out great!!! I cloned a lower branch in flower and it’s tiny!! But it’s still goin!!! Starting to reveg it back and as a companion plant by no planning of me is a Punche tobacco plant which I’m guessing a seed fell into the soil.(using recycled soil)

2 Likes

My reveg project is goin great so far! Stressed this plant out and I’m gonna hit her up with Shiva Skunk Redux Pollen which is ‘89 Northern Lights x UFS 18

Here’s my 2nd Clone of this GG4 bagseed and man does this clone do some justice to the GG4 name! Smells great! Crystals are looking great! Looking to be a decent harvest. This is at 6 weeks and 5 days. Today will make 7 full weeks.

This 3rd Clone is just as branchy as the original plant and the 2nd clone. All I do is top the plant and she blows up with branches.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This clone is shy of 5 weeks. I know it may sound strange but this is indeed the same genetically from the bagseed I grew and took cuts but all the cuts are nothing like the original. This one lost the loud pungent smell from the original bagseed and is also expressing more purple traits :man_shrugging:
Found this article that might be the case for my situation….
Accumulation of somatic mutations leads to genetic mosaicism in cannabis
By
Kristian Adamek Accumulation of somatic mutations leads to genetic mosaicism in cannabis - PubMed

1 Like

4 Likes

Wow, looks good man, so frosty!

You can clone them for years. Stick with healthy plants to take your clones from