Gimme's Grow

Wow, been a while, where to start? My current setup is two indoor grow tents, a 24 x 24 x 48 and my old Vivosun 36 x 20 x 62. I use the the shorter one to veg and the Vivosun to flower unless I end up having to use both to flower. I have fresh air in below and exiting the top, a couple of Mars Hydro LEDs and a 150w hps.

In veg there are 3 S.A.D., 4 Sweet Skunk fv, 2 GMO x Animal Cookies, 4 Dead Whabbits, 4 Snow Thrower. I tried to include some White OG and although six have germinated none will take to the soil.

In the flowering tent are 4 of Medman’s clones of Roadkill Kush and 2 of Medding Cake. I added a couple new plants (or should I say old plants?) a few days ago, revegged beauties from the last batch, JOTI’s Romulan x Sunset MAC and a gorgeous Northern BC Skunk.

I’ve been infatuated by Skunk strains as of late, trying to find the perfect one for me. Thanks to legalization it’s been a lot easier. On the table in front of me I have Skunk OG and Mighty Mite x Super Skunk to snack on. I’m on the lookout for something hashy and greasy, I’m getting bored with fruity skunks. I grabbed some Mr Nice seeds at auction recently, figured it’s worth a shot. I’ll try not to get sidetracked as usual.

That’s some Roadkill Kush, Medding Cake, the tents. Yeah, probably bit off more than I can chew but Spring is coming up and I can always throw some outside.

26 Likes

Hi @Gimme5minutes , I have picked some Mr Nice also… but this last weeks the prices has go up a lot!!
Still trying to get the MrN “Holy Grail”, SSH, or MH, at good price… but damn…

Happy growings!

5 Likes

Welcome my friend. Some great stuff you have going on, looking forward to watching your journey.

2 Likes

Hey G5M,gonna watching along too

1 Like

Looks like they were just the right size. Us tiny growers gotta fill those boxes.

1 Like

It’s been three days, might have overshot this just a bit.

6 Likes

I would pick off those big fan leaves or if you’re not a fan of that you can cut off the big tips to allow some more airflow and light through. Other than that looking great. Healthy looking plants.

2 Likes

Very nice. Looking forward to watching this grow go down. Good luck

1 Like

This was my last breeding project, originally a Turkish Indica crossed with whatever outdoor I happened to be growing that year and backcrossed every few generations to the original male. I had no clue what I was doing and hoped to get lucky. The original Turkish line had a seriously potent stone, kind of discomforting bordering on painful. I figured I could tame the stone, give it a Sativa aspect, boost the flavor, faster outdoor and such. About a decade of breeding later and it still retains that crappy feeling. Much bigger yield, sour fruit flavors but a bad stone like something applying pressure between your eyes. I have finally given up on this project, it’s beyond me.

4 Likes

Yeah, I couldn’t imagine keeping that line going if it causes pain. We’re looking for the opposite! lol You’re learning fellow grower and will get what you are looking for. Just keep moving forward. You’ve done more than I have but am looking to try my hand at making seeds here very soon as well.

1 Like

Time for an update. My Roadkill Kush and Medding Cakes have been removed from the flowering tent and into a completely dark room for 3 to 4 days to harden up before the final cut. I was very pleased with the results so far, the Medding Cakes reeks of Kush and the RKK reeks of sour skunk and white gas. The buds are round, good size and frequency, dense, beautiful all round.

I moved the 4 Dead Whabbits and 3 of the 4 Snow Thrower into the flowering tent with the Northern BC Skunk mother. The plan is to remove any males to make room for the growing backlog of plants waiting to fill any real estate left behind. Currently in the veg tent there are 3 S.A.D., 4 Sweet Skunk, a Roadkill Kush clone, 2 GMO x Animal Cookies and one unsexed Snow Thrower. I’m hoping the skunks will behave themselves and I’ll be able to put them outside come Spring in a few weeks weather permitting.

The pics aren’t great and I’m getting too old to figure out the technology anymore.

9 Likes

good lookin tops there!

1 Like

Well, as predicted, growing space became a critical issue. When this happens everything gets thrown into bud whether I like it or not. All the regular seeded plants have shown sex, I have 3 Dead Whabbits females and sadly no Snow Thrower females. Just as well, there wasn’t enough space anyway. I’ve selected the 2 tallest and more unmanageable Skunks to try their luck as outdoor plants. They’re not supposed to be outside for another week but I need the space. I’m giving them natural sunshine in the day and bringing them inside, far away from the grow tents at night to keep warm until they’re better acclimatized. That’s 12 indoor plants in 2 tents. The next few weeks should be interesting.

5 Likes

Update, I am slightly incompetent. As I was watering the plants today I realized I have miscounted them, I have an extra plant. After a little bit of deduction I conclude this must be a female Snow Thrower. This brings the total up to 13 indoor plants and 2 outdoor. That makes 4 Sweet Skunk (2 in, 2 out), 3 S.A.D., 3 Dead Whabbits, 2 GMO x Animal Cookies, 1 Northern BC Skunk, 1 Roadkill Kush and 1 Snow Thrower. The 2 outdoor Skunks have really adjusted well to the change.

I wish I had discovered the Snow Thrower a day earlier. I already dusted a fat Skunk bud with Snow Thrower pollen since I thought I didn’t get any girls from that pack. I have far too many side projects already.

3 Likes

The seeds I ordered from Mr. Nice arrived much earlier than expected prompting me to make a start on my plants for the outdoor season. This year I will be attempting Gods Poison from Jordan of the Islands and from Mr. Nice we have Early Skunk, Early Queen, Devil and Critical Skunk. There are 2 Sweet Skunk fv already outside.

I’ve started smoking the Roadkill Kush and Medding Cake buds now that they’re ready. Both are exceptional. The Roadkill had a heavy Indica stone and tastes of sour skunk with everything gassy, like an auto mechanic’s rag. Packs a hard punch, much more noticeable than what I’d been smoking earlier. The Medding Cake was covered in crystal, I even lost a few tops when drying it due to not taking into account how gooey the finished buds were. The end product stank of pungent Kush to begin with but mellowed out after it dried. The taste isn’t Kush, kind of sweet, gently relaxing to start and creeps into a stronger physical body sensation without the couchlock. I could smoke either of these all day.

2 Likes

My tents are in a state of constant change. A few days ago all the Dead Whabbits were a lot shorter, they’ve tripled in height, just stretch, no new growth. Might be a problem if it doesn’t settle down. Snow Thrower not so bad, some stretch but still a nice short plant. The main stem puts out a strong piney kush scent. I’ve also got my hands on some colloidal silver to experiment with on male Snow Thrower, I’m skeptical but we’ll see.

4 Likes

Well I learned applying colloidal silver to a male plant does nothing. Only affects female plants. Plants look good, I’ve started the Mr Nice seeds I ordered, I have some of each taking up every square inch of floor space with the God’s Poison. All the flowering plants are popping. The Dead Whabbits have changed scent, they’ve gone from pungent tangerine/orange to something strange, there’s more of a body odor/burnt rubber smell on them now. The Snow Thrower smells like Kush and cheese, like unmistakable Cheese.

7 Likes

Are you attempting at reversing a male? I’m trying to learn about doing so myself as I think it’s an interesting tool for breeding.

2 Likes

I looked into the science behind it, using colloidal silver or STS only affects reversing female to male and not the other way round. Keep experimenting, figure it out for the rest of us.

3 Likes

Here’s a Korean study showing how Ethephon was used to successfully reverse a male.

Effect of Timing of Ethephon Treatment on the Formation of Female Flowers and Seeds from Male …pdf (788.2 KB)

I don’t know what ethephon is however.

1 Like