Gimme's Grow

They’re still growing! I had to toss a S.A.D. due to a sudden mold attack, it was the runt anyway. The Dead Whabbits are stinking up my place like dirty laundry but at least they’re getting fat. Northern BC Skunk is finished for 420 but I’m going to let her go longer. The colloidal silver didn’t yield any positive results, think I’ll look into STS instead. Here’s one of the tents and some Dead Whabbits on their own.

4 Likes

good lookin tops, G5

1 Like

Here’s some bud tops, Cheetos:

Northern BC Skunk

Dead Whabbits

Animal Cookies x GMO

Roadkill Kush

Sweet Afghani Delicious

Sweet Skunk fast version

8 Likes

I just removed the Roadkill Kush from the tent. She was starting to put on mold, my own fault really, she wasn’t fond of the colloidal silver. I had hit her up with just a touch of Cheetos pollen which incidentally produced 50 plump seeds and counting. I’m thinking of starting a few for a test run. The Animal Cookies x GMO were both starting to produce dots of mold as well, only the tiny flowers on the puny branches but I cut them anyway. I’m treating the infected areas with a vinegar soaked tissue and that seems to work. It’s just one corner of one tent that is an issue. I’ll try moving things around.

1 Like

The plants are starting to ripen and I’m starting to wonder about a few things. I look at this run’s successes and disappointments. I’m impressed with Santero’s gear (SANsemillas), all the plants have potential. No sign of mold or any issues on any of them and the buds are fat and the plants don’t require extra attention. I might reveg them and do another run indoors. I have mixed feelings on Animal Cookies x GMO; they’re slowly succumbing to mold. I probably won’t run them again. Shame, I’m a big of Ripper Seeds and wanted to be impressed. I’m also pretty disappointed with both strains from Sweet Seeds. I grew out S.A.D. around 2010 and a few years later their fast Skunk outdoors. The plants I grew this run in no way resemble the ones I grew back then. I can still remember the plant structure, bud formation, the smells, ridiculous resin content, their unique taste; all that has changed. I had 3 S.A.D. this time, none of them look or smell right. All wispy, disjointed, leafy buds that smell like strawberry bubblegum, not a hint of Afghani. The Sweet Skunks are different too. They used to have buds like fists so heavy the branches would snap. Plants were taller, smelled fruity and looked like they were rolled in sugar. The ones I grew this round were tiny like autos. The buds were a different shape like spear tips and tiny; every bud smaller than a Bic lighter. The smell used to be sweet and fruity, now it’s spicy and offensive like dirty laundry. What the Hell happened to Sweet Seeds? Oh well, live and learn. I have some starts I’m playing with at the moment, still deciding what goes outside and what to keep indoor. I have 3 vigorous Critical Skunks to try indoors and probably a few Devils as well. As usual I started too many. My outdoor this season is an assortment of Early Skunk, Early Queen, Devil and Gods Poison. There’s also new seeds to try out, Cheetos was crossed to Roadkill Kush and Northern BC Skunk, I’m already itching to try them in the tent next time.

3 Likes

I figure I should include something about the Mr Nice strains I’m prepping. It’s the first time I’ve tried growing their stock and so far it’s been interesting. I picked up a bit of their outdoor selection, some Early Skunk, Early Queen and Devil. I also intend to try Critical Skunk in the tent as soon as possible. Early Skunk practically popped out of their shells. Early Queen is still a bit slow. Most of the Devils look weird, double tops, deformed parts, kind of sketchy. Critical Skunk are in a league of their own. The plants are much bigger than any others. I went to do a simple stem rub and freaked out a little, I was expecting sticky or greasiness. These things are furry, like actual soft hairs. That’s definitely a first.

Here’s a Critical Skunk and a Devil the same age to show the size difference:

Here’s some of the crazy looking Devils:

This is Critical Skunk close up, check out the fur.

7 Likes

Had to cut more tops due to mold. Two of the Dead Whabbits got hit overnight, took out the main stems and all the buds attached were turning into goo. Really took them out fast, salvaged what little I could. I chopped one of the Sweet Skunks, don’t know what she weighs, not a lot, a very disappointing result.

3 Likes

At least you saved some from annihilation.

1 Like

I just noticed none of the Sweet Skunks cuttings actually rooted. I had people waiting on them. Oh that sucks. The last Sweet Skunk in the tent has stopped fattening up, hasn’t visibly changed in the past week and so puny, half ounce at best. Getting a lousy end result is always so disappointing.

My Dead Whabbits haven’t stopped giving me grief either. Every time I see the most miniscule speck of mold it’s too late. The rot starts in the center out of sight, by the time it can be seen it’s too late, the entire bud has been destroyed. I seem to have two phenos, dense resinous Chemmy looking buds and larger Skunk looking ones. The Chemdog leaning plants are susceptible to mold, the Skunk not so far. I think there’s at least another week left, please let them finish. Here’s some Dead Whabbits buds I managed to save.
IMG_20230427_235850_263~2

4 Likes

Got my fingers crossed for you bro. Bud rot SUCKS! I’d get some more airflow and maybe drop the RH a bit if possible. Otherwise things look good to me. What RKS is that? Heimes ACC version? Btw that stock is something else like it’s a fur coat be very interesting to see how that plant turns out for sure.

1 Like

I really needed to add another fan for circulation and I didn’t get round to it. Hopefully tomorrow isn’t too late. My Roadkill Kush is Med-man’s, he’s got some great stock. Oh, if you’re going to check out his website I recommend turning your volume way up.

1 Like

I was looking at the Mr Nice auctions yesterday and they have some New Skunk up for grabs. New Skunk is Mr Nice’s Roadkill Skunk. I tried to bid but all my attempts bounced back. It’s already ten times as much as some of the other strains. I would have loved to get my hands on that.

1 Like

Well it’s all been cut, mold was becoming an issue. I’m going to try and reveg the Skunk, Cheetos and one of the Dead Whabbits. Also vegging are 2 Devils, an Early Skunk and 3 Gods Poison. In the flowering tent are 3 Critical Skunk and 2 Devils.

3 Likes

While I’m waiting for everything to grow I might as well put in some smoke reports. First up is Cheetos. It’s funny, all during her flowering period the stench of Exodus Cheese permeated the tent, now that she’s dried and cured all that remains is the Sour Diesel. You can smell and taste just remnants of cheese, the diesel has completely taken over. The smoke is very tasty, hints of cheesy fruitiness hidden in a smooth and greasy mouthful of gas. Once again the Sour Diesel overtakes everything. The high is a solid Indica stone, deep body buzz, can’t function, don’t remember, don’t care. I must have lost three hours just sitting and staring. Hits like a very strong Bubba Kush. I only grew one plant and it’s dynamite.

Next smoke report is for Dead Whabbits. I grew four females, each plant was a little different from one another. They all either looked like Skunk or a dense golfball Chem/SD strain. The first was very Skunk looking and had a fragrance resembling Roadkill, like gasoline and something rotten, very unpleasant. Like the Cheetos, once she dried the Sour Diesel took over and that stench hid itself behind the gassy Diesel. You can taste it when smoked but it’s all blended into one complex taste. The high is very Indica but leaves me muddled, a little confused like my senses are jumbled up. The next plant was more Chemdawg in appearance and it smelled wierd, like sweet followed by foul followed by diesel. It tasted exactly like flat cola. Nice relaxing body stone but nothing special. The third plant was just disgusting. Seriously pungent, it spread to everything I touched. Something like dirty laundry, Athlete’s foot, and perfume. Tasted okay, something between orange and melon but still very unappealing, it’s like the smell sticks to you. The buzz was comparable to the others but the smell just ruined it. The fourth plant had a balanced scent of Sour Diesel and Jaffa cakes, tasted like it too. Had buds like golfballs. This one had a more enjoyable, functional high, stoned but not paranoid.

2 Likes

I started some more seeds, as usual, on a whim. Seven seeds in total, 2 JOTI Sour Diesel, 3 Dutch Treat and 2 fem Seedsman White OG. They’ve all popped, let’s see what happens.

All the Critical Skunks were males. Played musical chairs with the plants. Crap.

As usual, things change. Some seeds took, some didn’t. I’m happy to welcome 3 girls to the flowering tent, all Devils. There’s still a God’s Poison, an Early Skunk and another Devil still to show. In the veg tent I have 4 new Critical Skunks in Solo cups, 2 Dutch Treat, 2 God’s Poison, a White OG and the other 3 reverted mothers from the previous run.

3 Likes

Just pulled my first Hermie of the year, the other two girls are also starting to look questionable. It was a good looking plant, I had high hopes. I moved the two vegging GP outside now that they’ve matured.

3 Likes

Two more Devils turned Hermie, the Early Skunk and the flowering Gods Poison were males. So far all my new Mr Nice stock has been either males or hermaphrodites. I have another couple of Devils outside, not much faith in them anymore. Nothing is going as planned this year.

1 Like