Going to Facilitate a Canadian Grow Op in New Brunswick

Hello folks.
As the title suggests, we’re gearing up a Micro-Grow facility here in Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada.
I’m giving you folks the first kick-at-the-can, because the old OG is where I got my first start in this amazing industry and I would love to give back somehow.

The focus will be on connoisseur quality small-batch cannabis, grown with care, hand-trimmed and cured to maximize flavour and potency.
We need resumes for anyone interested in living here, or already here, with experience, tenacity and a love of cannabis.
You need a clean criminal record, of course. Simple possession should not be an issue once we get going, but for the initial license we want things as easy as possible.
We need folks for several positions, and while I’m the architect of this plan - I welcome fellow growers to apply.

We have positions in:
Marketing and Social Media
HR
Accounting
Security
Quality Control and Compliance
Pest Control
Extraction technician
and Growing (experience with coco mediums would be nice)

Do you have a skill nobody else has? We want to hear what it is.

Send resumes to:
thesebudsaretight@gmail.com

8 Likes

Wishing you the best on your new adventure!

99%

4 Likes

Does the HOODINI flair count as a skill? :grin::wink:

2 Likes

I left the GTA for Edmonton for work/climate. I like the cool and cold weather, hate the smog and humidity!
There’s nothing holding me here though…
Would there be incentives for those who have to pack up sell and move?

3 Likes

Good luck with your venture! While the large LP’s can (hopefully) fill the bulk needs, we are all counting on micro growers like yourself to give us the real selection & quality.

If I was 20 years younger . . .

tbd

3 Likes

I don’t want to put stars in anyone’s eyes too soon. There’s a lot of work before we’ll even be able to apply for the license in late September or early October. The medicinal license process would take about a year before we would even get past the first stage, so we’re hedging our bets that the federal licensing for recreational will be somewhat more streamlined. LP’s will be getting the first kick at the can, unfortunately - as they’ll be able to just apply for the license using their existing facilities and lawyers. The good thing is that micro-growers will have an opportunity to provide to LPs to use them as national distributors.

I’ve been speaking with representatives from some LPs, and they’re keen on using micro-growers to bolster their product lines - particularly with the projections for sales - they will still need enough stock to satisfy the medicinal crowd when recreational comes in, and they already have problems keeping specific strains in stock. The turnover rate is so high right now the quality is suffering, the last three LPs cannabis I’ve tried this summer have cut a lot of corners in the trimming and curing - and the trichomes are cloudy/clear with nary an amber in sight - so they’re cutting them down ASAP.

Incentives for folks who want to move? Besides the clean air, low real estate prices, outdoor activities, low crime, kind folks, and microbrewery’s every other block? I’d like to say we could help folks move, but we’ll have to see what we have for financing before we can commit to that before starting operations. I moved here from Barrie, Ontario, and I find despite the economy, the people here are pretty sweet and overly helpful. We have some humidity here in the Maritimes, but Fredericton isn’t too bad for heat/cold. Oh and then there’s salmon, moose and lobster, if you’re into eating. :wink:

The biggest incentives for joining this project will be the profit sharing agreement for employees, and being able to have genuine and legal pride in your work.
I look at LPs and they’re paying their section growers $15-$17 an hour. First of all, I think lowballing your employees is a security risk. Second, and just as important - nobody can live on that these days. If you think at those wages your employees are going to have any loyalty, or come into work “stoked” for the job just because it’s cannabis, you are sorely mistaken.
I can’t give you specifics until the lawyers work out the details and the financiers are placated, but no one will go home feeling they aren’t being appropriately compensated.

Our lofty plan is one of continuous output (harvesting up to 200 plants per month), so we will have need for every position, even trimmers, on a regular basis.

Thanks for the well wishes folks.

3 Likes