Goji OG and her crosses

Hey @50stateā€¦ Was Orange Sunshine a Bodhi tester cross? Iā€™ve shared some beans & flowers with a friend & theyā€™d/Iā€™d like to know more about it possible :blush: and the ae77 Cali O cut. :tangerine: :sunny:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I can be of some help but not too much.

Bodhiā€™s Orange Sunshine was not a tester cross but is an older strain that has been sold out for years. Greedy IG types and most people on IG auctions seem to want $230 USD for an f1 pack of seeds. This is why I made the f2s to share, amazing strain but at an unobtainable prices for most people.

The Cali O cutting has much cannabis lore surrounding it and will say youā€™ll have to Google that one.

I do know Bodhi used it in crosses to his SSDD, Appy, Snow Lotus, and Yo Mama males. With some mention that the appy cross (Blood Orange) may have had some intersex issues.

That is all the help I can provide. Hope it helps

8 Likes

Man that Goji OG must be something special. Along with all the other people Iā€™ve seen run it, Subcool crassed a bunch of his strains with it and is selling a couple interesting looking GoOG hybrids

5 Likes

Damn, Iā€™m still hoping to try the regular Goji for the first time.

Iā€™m running a couple of seeds now of Goji x Blue Magoo from Dynasty. I hope I can make some seeds of it. Timing is everything.

6 Likes

Hey bro Iā€™m looking 4 the real Cali o ae77 cut. Just wondering how your search was going if you manage to find anything out I really want that strain I had it once when I was a kid and itā€™s left an impression on me.

Whatā€™d I found out is the closest to it right now is like Dutch Passions California Orange there might be a couple others but I havenā€™t sourced any yet. I went into the dispensary and got some frosted oranges itā€™s nothing like real Cali o.
-J

2 Likes

:spy: :mag: my lazyass spy agency tells me there was an eric77 or aeric77 on Overgrow 1.0, maybe ICMag, but it seems like Bodhi got the cutting at that time and so Iā€™d have to dig deeper & bother some OG OGers. :thinking:

:cry: RIP all you old dudes.

:pencil:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Yeah I spoke with @XxPeacePipexX about the cut. It brings up a lot of sad memories. My uncle died prematurely. He grew an Indica dom. strain in upstate N.Y.

I wish I would have gotten some seeds. He grew the same strains for 25+ yrs. Such a waste of a life. I didnā€™t wanna go that direction learning what info I could about the man.

When the strain presents itself to me. Iā€™ll breed it, preserve it, then share with all my closest friends. The only way to keep it alive is it share it and their memories in their passions. I have no Ambitions of money off of anybody I just really want to preserve peopleā€™s Legacies so we can all enjoy it.

I wish you well on your hunt now. Make sure you keep me informed LOL. Like I said itā€™ll present itself to you dude. Have a good one.
-J

3 Likes

friend of mine, Happy B, did some f2s of Nepoji (Goji OG x Nepalese)
he was a tester for Bodhi
Sun Valley has run them and says they are real fire
some of the best

5 Likes

@SamwellBB have you got any more of those f2ā€™s :arrow_up: Iā€™ve tried temple ball hash- circa 84ā€™ and it was excellent. It was from Nepal :nepal:.
If youā€™re looking for something to trade for a few , shoot me a pm.
Have a good one :point_up:t3:.
Gaz

5 Likes

Iā€™ll jump on the hype no clue what Iā€™d put up for trade but I love the Goji goodness :+1:

2 Likes

@cannabissequoia you are correct ae77 or eric77 is from what I know the original source of california orange and a original member of overgrow who helped alot with the site in the begining. from what I can gather it was a pheno he found in some skunk seeds. I would suppose that the cut was the original one he picked out and passed around. @Subcool would know alot more about this I do beleive. The cutting was passed around alot but I havent seen it in at least ten years.

6 Likes

You have so much knowledge. Itā€™s awesome having you around. I love to talk shop. Nobody around here is on the same level. Dope fiends. Thanks for putting us down with good info. Man a tester for bhodis. Sweet.

Most people would try to rip breeders off. I guess thatā€™s why only certain people are in his circle. Iā€™m not familiar w/all the breeders. I watched kushman call the creator of strawberry coughs plants and garden feeble. On that interview (vice I think) he never gives even a shout out to the man.

Maybe Iā€™m tripping. I still want it. Iā€™ve been hovering over dcse for months looking at getting a pack but Iā€™m over it. Either a pack from bhodis or some sweet seeds autos. Thanks @Gaz29 for your knowledge

Let me know how your goji crosses come out @GMan.
-J

2 Likes

Dude. This strain rocked my foundation. Iā€™m in love. Goji f2s next run with some bb plants sprinkled in. Goji OG has a spiciness, itā€™s complex n awesome. The high is clean and eases my pain. I ran out.

Our dispensaries have it but different breeders have diff. quality. Itā€™s cool when I run these, I wonā€™t be out again. Someone had a pic of a tote full of goji. I was stupid. He posted it after my pic. I slithered back in my hole and wept lol. It was beautiful. Even the stickers were dope.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words @Baltimore but it was a friend of @SamwellBBā€™s who was a tester for bodhi, :arrow_heading_down:

You just mixed up the posts bro. Lol
I have done many testers but sadly none for bodhi.

Iā€™ll take the above quote :point_up:t3:lol ,though my knowledge is only applicable to soil growing but if i can help you just holler bro.
And just keeping on track ,Iā€™ve never tried goji og yet but it sounds like a great smoke.
Gaz

5 Likes

I didnā€™t get to fully finish my Goji OG but they were chopped week 7 of flower and the flavour profile was lovely. Had a smell of strawberry when it was fresh but it didnā€™t taste like strawberry when dry or when smoked but will say it was very unique Iā€™ve smoked alsorts but the Goji OG flavour was a special one.

From what I saw @oleskool830 posted of @50State ā€œOrange Gojiā€ do not know lineage but the plants looked similar to the ones I grew.

The Goji OG I got lucky to get

Very similar in fact.

11 Likes

Itā€™s a cross from @50State of Gojiā€™ og x orange sunshine :sunny:, so it looks like itā€™s goji-dominant then.? I have a few of those - i just realised/remembered lolā€¦
Looks good @Explorer :+1: ā€¦
Gaz

4 Likes

Lol yup I thought they looked similar but as soon as I put that post together and realised how close they look Iā€™ll try get me some of those bad boys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and it was but I flipped them from being tiny clones at about 2-3ā€ which I kind of regret but I had to cut early so was for the best IMO. Anyway if you grow yours Iā€™ll be watching like a hawk :+1::100:

3 Likes

Iā€™d have sent you some but i already halved what i got bro, but a ā€˜fewā€™ people received them mate maybe someone else will trade or ā€¦
Iā€™ll let you know when i crack any @Explorer ,
Gaz

4 Likes

I got a pack of goji og f2s. As soon as I run them if you havenā€™t found any I got you.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been working the Goji OG line for a few years now (since 2015).

I first grew out YoMamma x Goji F1.
I found a Strawberry Kush pheno and pollinated her with Goji F2. The F2 male was straight up Grass Valley OG. Too bad I couldnā€™t keep him around - I almost never keep clones.
This line I called the IX (incross). It pumps out mostly OG Kush, but also throws out some nice recessive stuff found within Goji. For example, in 2016, I found a Goji IX male that was mostly Project 19 - Durban with the purple stem from SL, and epic root structure. He mated with his Goji IX sisters to make Goji Bx. These are mostly resin-dripping, purple-stemmed, NLD Kush plants with the most euphoric high. From this, Iā€™ve created Merlot OG.

Iā€™ve also done a Goji Redux using Goji OG F2 female with a Goji IX male.
The female was heavily mutated early on but went to become the most beautiful, potent, happy plant.
I have only very few of the Redux seeds so I need to make a project for making more F-gens of Redux, IX, Bx, and Merlot OG.

13 Likes