Goji OG seedrun

Nice!
I’ve been doing that for years and adding it to top dress or compost teas. I always slow bake at 180-190 degrees for maybe 2-3 hours then a quick 5 minute top broil… I also add raw banana peels when I’m making my soil and occasionally banana water/tea in flower

5 Likes

catapult is right on the money with his explanation. The goal is to have the Goji OG F2’s ready for the spring box that Sebring sends out. If all goes well the F2 batch will be a combined mixing of 8 different packs grown by 8 different growers. 89 plants in total if all the seeds germinate.

20 Likes

I’ll bet cultivars from equatorial/tropical regions will really enjoy those banana micronutrients.

3 Likes

Since I’m re-using media and I’m in the NE US I have to be especially careful of stem rot and bud rot pathogens from getting into my grows. So, I’m cooking up a small batch of soil to use for the babies. Soil goes into the oven at 175F, wait for internal temp to get up to 160F hold for 30 min, remove and cool.

Once cool, I will hit the soil w a dose H2O2. And tmrw we’ll be ready for some tap roots to start popping

10 Likes

pulled up my chair to watch, Good Luck!

1 Like

man, nice setup! Best of luck @catapult ! May you have the range of a trebuchet!

5 Likes

Thanks for the well wishes peeps! Added bonus; learning new things from you all.

Keep it coming:)

9 Likes

Hats off! I will be enjoying the show!:sunglasses:

Babies like it xtra warm, I think we need some music to set the vibes and warm this joint up a little

10 of 11 are poking tails after a 32 hour bath. Outa the water onto some soil, covered w wet paper towels

19 Likes

That is a nice dome setup @catapult .

1 Like

Got my trusty companion to watch my back for this next step.

After 24 hours on the surface, we have 11 tails looking for a home

For this next stage; into 2.5” baby pots. A sprinkling of mosquito bits and a light spray w microbe infused rain water

Now we hang tight in our nice warm spot and hope for some little sprouts to start poking their heads up above the surface. Should be happening in a day or two :seedling:

25 Likes

Can’t forget to show off my trusty garlic poker w depth setting at about 1-1/4”

Another minor detail, I like to offset my plantings to one side of the pots. Meaning not right in the center.

Also, dome off at this point; aiming for 70-72F 50%rh

23 Likes

Now this is something I am looking forward to following along on.
I have a pack of Go Nutz by Corey that is a Goji OG cross. I’ve definitely been curious about Goji OG after reading about it.

Pulling up a seat. Best of luck and HAPPY GROWING!

-Kush

6 Likes

I’m hanging out at the back taking notes!
(I’m thinking something similar down the road.)

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Just curious… is there a reason for that?

2 Likes

Once they get bigger and start inevitably crowding my spaces, I like how offsetting them gives me more options as I rotate individual pots. The center just spins around one spot, out by an edge gives you more of an orbit and more options within the same footprint.

Less over-crowding would work just as well, but I often find myself unable to accomplish that one😅

27 Likes

@catapult good luck! Pulling for you, hoping everything goes smoothly. @The_Lazy_Hippie thank you for making this happen as well. Excited to watch it all go down

5 Likes

That’s actually pretty genius to be honest! Especially in limited space grows. I might have to adopt that ‘Catapult planting technique’.

9 Likes

Yes, you are on to something!

I’ve been subconsciously doing something similar (rotating pots on trays) to spread the foliage. This is telling me to actively plan this into future grows…
:+1:

Cheers
G

11 Likes